INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: prayers for direction  (Read 2220 times)

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
prayers for direction
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:31:00 AM »
I could use a few prayers for what direction I'm supposed to go, have some personal issues and just not sure what to do. Guess I need a wall to fall on me letting me know what and when

Thanks

Joe
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: prayers for direction
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »
Joe, I know the feeling!  Best I can tell you is to keep praying, reading your bible, and be patient.  I keep learning over and over that his timing is perfect, mine is not!  He's got a plan and if you truly desire to follow his will, he will get you where you need to be!

I struggle alot with wondering if I am going the right way or not.  And what I have learned over and over is he will get you there, just not usually in the way you would have expected!

will pray you to see clearly which way to go!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline Sandstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
Joe, praying that you have piece of mind in the difficult issue you are dealing with.

Offline RayA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
Hooked nailed it. Trust God and we'll be praying.

Ray
God, family, and bowhunting. Who says I'm not rich?

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
Another vote for Chip's (Hooked)input. I'd also add to that sometime's His will isn't what we want or like... But it is HIS will and as a believer, we're to follow His lead in faith and "step out of the boat".

I fear that is my worst short-coming among many.

May discernment, peace and strength to follow His will be yours through this challenging time.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
Those that wait on the Lord will renew their strength, they shall mount upon wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint.

In Isaiah, the scripture gives us directly the understanding that we are to wait upon Gods advise.  In order to hear his advise, we must listen.  That is hard sometimes with all that is keeping us busy these days.  

Ask and listen, he will guide.
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Amen. My God open the door and put the wind at your back.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
prayers sent

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
Nighthawk, scripture comes to me as when i have felt as you do now. be still and know that i am GOD. just spend time alone in prayer an listen for that small voice. he will give us direction, he always does. be strong, when things seem so bad, he will bring us up, it brings glory to him. give him praise and thank him for the trial your going through, it will truly build your faith. keep pushing forward, you know the enemy doesn't want us to seek GOD. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
Joe, hang in there. Pray always. It's tough to try to figure out the right way to go through tough times. God won't turn his back on you. prayer sent.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Instead of a wall hitting me, I guess I hit it. I imploded but life is worth living, it's a beautiful day one of those that hints of fall to come. Hopefully with GODS help all this mess can be rectified and put back how it should be. For the first time in 16 years I am off of prescription pain pills. I feel like a completely different person, I like this guy, the one that's not moody, angry but relaxed and able to think in peace. THANK YOU EVERYONE for your prayers, I still need them because the road is going to be a long one, but the longest journey starts one footstep at a time  ;)
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
Praise God!!!!!!!! Go for it you're pointed in the right direction.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
As said above he will show us the way..

Gods 2x4 up side the head will get us back on line....

Nighthawk Glad you are still with us....

You are right its one step at a time.....

Later......Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Just like in a treestand, the darkest hour is just before dawn.

May your time in darkness but be the waiting for the deer to stir, and the woods come alive.

there WILL be hard times, those meds want you back, but you made the choice and now YOU and GOD together can lick anything!

Keep the Son in your eyes! I konw you can do it!!!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
I wanted to update this thread since I haven't been here in a couple of days. My wife filed for divorce and that's very hard because I do love her very much. I am going to church and drawing closer to the LORD. I keep praying that he will soften her heart and we can get back togather and work on the marriage along with counseling.I know the lord wont go past her free will, so I am preparing myself for the worst.Maybe sometime in the future we can try again as I do believe GOD put us togather and from what I read and understand, he only sanctions divorce based on adultry. I never had an affair with anyone (not that I didn't have the opportunity, but I chose not to )
 I was prepared to give her the everything because I feel like I didn't work for myself but rather I worked for the betterment of my family. Then I seen in the divorce papers where she has petitioned the court to restore her maiden name. That made me angry, so now I've instructed my attorney to fight for everything and not to offer her anything. What I understand the courts put all the assets in one pile and the bills in another pile and they start by assuming a 50/50 split of everything. Then each party is allowed to show or argue why they should have a larger stake, so the fight is on
 I don't recognize the person that filled out that paper, seems like my wife disappeared and a stranger has taken her place. She wants support on my 20 year old daughter. My daughter works at Ruby Tuesdays as a waitress and didnt go back to school this semester, even though she enrolled she didn't pay and attend any classes.She's also asking for maintanence which is like a short term alimony.
 Any how there is alot going on and all I can do is give it to Jesus and let him handle it because I'm not capable of doing anything to make things better. The only thing I can do is take care of myself and that includes financially so I can be there for my kids as they live their lives and the future grand kids that will surely be in my future sometime.
 I will ask for prayers from everyone to keep uplifting my family and for Jesus to soften her heart and let her see the error of her ways, because I do believe divorce is a sin (unless there is adultry and there is no such thing in this case)and the wages of sin are very bad. God has a way of disiplining us when we need it in order to bring us to our knees and back to him
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
Sounds like a full plate, but nothing that many of us have undergone or know others who have, Joe.

That doesn't take one thing away from THIS is YOUR time and it sucks! you know what lies ahead and you see the road you must take.

Anger begats anger, but no man should be a door mat for other's abuse... and then yet again, there is that 'turn the other cheek'.

You've a lot to wrestle. My prayers will be for discernment, peace that passes understanding and that His will be done in your heart and her life.

Be at peace and search your heart. What Would Jesus do? Hard one on these things... and I've got no crystal ball to share.

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »
Prayers sent

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
Keep your faith in OUR LORD and he will show which path to take in your life.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
my brother, you just painted a picture of me. from you feeling like she is someone else to,the name change( my ex called me immuture because i walked out of the lawyers office when they blindside me with her wanting to go back to her maiden name.) we did spilt everything down the middle with shared parenting. i prayed for GOD to soften her heart, to make her see what she was doing, and to realize she was going againist his will. deep down i wanted him to knock her to her knees and take everything from her, but i knew i was wrong to feel that way. it's hurt, and deception that eats at you from the inside. i never even saw the the divorce comming, but GOD did. i cried, and prayed so much wanting him to change her mind, he didn't, but you can't give up. a friend of mine went through the same thing, his wife realized her mistake and there together after 15 years. we're talking about three personalities and different women. i pray your's will change her mind. one thing i do know, if GODS holy spirt is within her( i'm assumming she is a christian) she can't lay her head down at night and find any peace, he just will not leave her alone. he loves her that much. i didn't want him to love my ex, or to bless her. i knew the most important thing i could do was pray for her. i had to come to realize her relationship with GOD was far more important than ours. i loved her and just didn't want to see anything happen to her. if you would like to talk, pm me i'll give you my phone number. take care my brother, you praying and turning it over to jesus is the very best thing to do.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
Wow. Amen to Bucks' powerful words and testament!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©