INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: prayers for direction  (Read 2221 times)

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: prayers for direction
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
I'm still here, praying everyday. It still hurts very much and at times I have panic attacks.Feels like my stomache is eating itsself from the inside out at times and other times I'm just plain scarred by the thought of it all.
   I don't care about the house things or any money or any assets, those things don't matter a hill of beans, but there is absolutley nothing I can do except pray and work on myself to be the best me possible
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
Bud,

I have a friend who has gone through a divorce and 20 yrs of abuse mental and emotional.

The are covered up in Fear. I'd like to say this. It haunts us all. Teddy Roosevelt is credit with saying, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

There is another i use: "Cowards die a thousand deaths, the valiant taste of death but once!"

What that all means to me is that fearing fear is worse then living through what we fear.

Anxiety attacks and being scared seem to me to be when I'm in internal conflict. I think I should feel one thing and I feel something else and it causes me to go blurry inside.

Admitting the fear, scaredness, and panic is a great start! Writing down what those fears actually look like can help. On paper, sometimes we see things more clearly.

Get some counseling and keep on keeping on.

One day at a time, one fear at a time...and each day we get stronger...devil sometimes latches on and messes us up, but tomorrow, we give him back to hell!  :)

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
Prayers sent Nighthawk.  I have been there and done that, some 30 years ago. Like you, I was torn, battered, and scared.  But what helped me was placing focus on my child.  I have a wonderfull daughter, that I raised as a single parent.  No regrets what so ever.  Find something that you want to hang on to for YOURSELF.  Concentrate on that, and let the other things go as they may.  I know this may sound selfish, but it sure worked for me and I would not change a thing and do  it all over again.  Find a good support group, with people that are going to the same thing.  It helps tremendously.  I wish you the best, but like others have said, keep the faith and trust in him.  He will make things right.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
Today was not a good day for me. The preliminary hearing on the divorce was today and I lost big time. I will probably have to pay support on my 20 year old daughter. Her attorney asked for 800 a month and college costs. That means I will lose my home as I can't afford to pay that kind of money. The monthly bills take my entire check. My wife took care of the bills and that's how she set them up, so there is no way I can afford the support order. The court is supposed to rule on it today or tomorrow, but my paster told me I lost as he was sitting in the courtroom. I don't know what is in my future or if I even have a future. Please keep me in your prayers
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
You're only down when you quit getting back up!

Men rebound 80% within 3 years where women who are divorced seldom regain their quality of life had before marriage.

Whatever changes, it is monetary and many of us have lost most of what we once took forgranted in this economy.

With God on our side, we can rebuild...be better. Sometimes He asks us to "let go of our material world to come close to Him in surrender.

This might be a opportunity for that to happen with you and surrender all to Him who made you! Prayers for strength and will to submit.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
Praying for you. I know how bad it hurts and the shock of it.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline ArcticArcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »
Joe, I have been there and done it twice.  I know the pain you are going through, but you will make it through with the support on here, your church family and with God. Look at it this way the house would only bring up memories and cause that anguish and pain, so when you find a new place to live look at it as a new lease on life.

After my second divorce I moved back to Alaska, where my heart has truly been since the first time I came here in 1983.  Being in the Army I moved a lot, and I had always dreamed of being up here, but I knew she would never come back here.  I saw the silver lining in the cloud and couldn't be happier.  I guess what I'm saying is you have to look at it as an opportunity to grow.  The more you look at it as a defeat you drag yourself down further and further.

Prayers are with you my friend and wish the best for you.  God will take care of you, if you don't get in the way.

Nick
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud member of the Twister Twelve

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »
Nighthawk

I'll be praying for you.  Here is a website that may help you while you go through this dark time.
I've been down that road and know how difficult it is.  With God there is hope.  He never leaves us or forsakes us.

Separated Men
F Thomas

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 05:21:00 AM »
joe, i've been through it twice, once when i was 19, the last at 48, 6 years ago. my whole world was yanked out from under me, i have two daughters, at the time they were 8 and 5. i won't try and tell you it will be easy, but you will make it and when you do your faith will have grown, as you will look back and know GOD was with you every step. doc and nick said two important things, surrender and don't get in the way. i felt i surrenderd, but now realize i didn't because i got in the way. i can hear my words of wisdom to my children echo," don't make the same mistakes you see other people make, watch and learn". in our human flesh we think GOD needs our help, in a flash he can fix more than we can mess up in a life time. GOD wants all of you and i believe one of the most important things you can do is pray for your wife. no matter how much we sin and fall short, JESUS would be praying for us. none of us know the future, but GOD does, we can feel like it's over, but you see, we didn't see the divorce coming and we don't see the big picture. joe i pray you have fogiven her, she is your sister in christ and GODS holy spirt will continue to work in her life as he will yours. he will take care of your needs just as he did mine, i certainly don't deserve the way he has blessed me. i pray GOD will speak to the jugdes heart and he will be fair. take care my brother, GOD loves you, and so do we. our home in heaven awaits us, when we look back, we will realize all the things on earth were only trivial, and helped us become one with GOD.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©