INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for healing, please.  (Read 1098 times)

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for healing, please.
« on: September 13, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
I know this doesn't come close to the need others here have, and I feel almost silly asking, but:

I nearly amputated my thumb on the 4th working on my truck. It's been a very painful and depressing week, and it looks like a few more before I able to go back to work. Money is tight, and with daddy out of work we're looking a digging a little deeper into debt.

My boss is supportive, and despite the talk of lay-offs and the need to look for places to cut costs has assured me that this injury won't reflect on my performance evaluation or weigh on personnel cut decisions. It was reassuring yet I am scared about the condition I'm in and the fact that it appears I'll need plastic surgery as the skin on my thumb is turning black.

Please pray for a quick recovery and steadfast faith. It can, at times like this, falter.

Juan
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for healing, please.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
There are no dumb questions and there are no "silly" prayer requests.

Being that homo sapiens are what we are because of "opposing thumbs" that is no small injury, brother.

Prayers are up and away for His will and peace that passes all understanding to settle on you and the family in this time of stress, pain and worry.

Worry is the devil's workshop, so try to monitor that rascal 24/7!!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...I think I'm about to qualify for a Samson award in recent years, so it ain't killed me yet!

Prayers for healing and discernment and peace for all.

Be well...and...

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
That's right. There is no small nor silly request here. We all need help with prayer from time to time and for sure I need the pratices. All the time I spend praying is less time for me to be sinning. I had a medical test today that turned out all good but it gets you to thinking "What if"? I am the bread winner in my family because I always wanted my wife to be home with the kids. So I know what you mean when you talk about falling behind. But rest assured God will provide fro you in some form or fashion. That you for asking for us to pray for you as we will until you don't need us to. Please pray for me because I need them too. God bless you and yours.........Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
Amen prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
i agree with doc and rookie, there are no silly prayers, GOD is the geatest example of a father, would we not be concerned if it were one of our children in the situation your in? as his word says, he even knows when a sparrow falls so he certainly knows our needs. we will be praying for you, and for a fast recovery, and your job will be secure. i've been in your situation financially and i am a wittness as to how he will bring you through. he always does. hang in there brother your blessing will come.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
Thank you all, so very much.

The swelling is down as the wound drained considerably last night. Prayer is powerful medicine.

God bless you all.

P.S. Dusty, right back at ya!    :pray:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 02:28:00 PM »
Prayers for continued speedy healing.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
Prayers for continued heaiing sent from Georgia.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Mike R. Mitchell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
Juan, I pray that God will heal your damaged thumb and restore your health fully. I also pray that God will give His peace and comfort you and your loved ones during this time of trouble.  In Jesus name we pray.
Mike R. Mitchell

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
Prayer sent. Doc and Rookie know what they're talking about.

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
Prayers on the way up.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©