INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Washington state bowhunter killed in accident  (Read 3275 times)

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Washington state bowhunter killed in accident
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »
I do not walk or run with a arrow on the string. This was a very unfortunate accident, but even in the excitement of the chase you have to maintain control of any weapon.
USMC 82-86

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »
i can understand running a short distance trying to reposition on a bull etc,etc with a nocked arrow.i've done it several times and most likely will do it again.its a gamble but when a big bull gets you going you just dont think straight sometimes.i would never run behind someone that close though.sad story.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »
I read some of the comments. We live in a pretty sick world gentlemen. Its hard to believe that people actually think like some of these people do. They value the life of an animal more than that of a human. Its just really sick. God Bless you all , let your lights shine and your arrows go where you aim them. Steve

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »
I've slipped or tripped or dropped stuff enough to know better

Too many things can go wrong too quickly

Guys even drop arrows out of treestands and then get stuck coming down in the dark as well!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
I have heard of people falling on the nock and goring themselves when they were walking with an arrow on the string.
 If you do hunt with an arrow on the string; you can hit branches and things that not only dull the broadhead- but can move your string nock.

When I am stalking and getting close- I will walk with a nocked arrow.

There is always a danger of some kind while hunting.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »
My condolences to the family of the man; and forgiveness for the man who accidentally killed his friend.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
I see it on the TV hunting shows all the time.
Tom

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
I believe it, it would be the easiest thing to have happen if the 2nd guy had an arrow nocked. first guy stops and the 2nd guy not looking runs his arrow into the 1sts guys femoral artery, I have heard it happen twice here in Mt.

Offline KEG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »
Prayers for the families. I don't keep a arrow on the string.

Thanks for posting this. maybe it will get people to think and avoid another accident.

Offline KumaSan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
Sixby, I like your comments. It's not worth it to hunt with people who endanger another's life. Especially after you warn them. Good advice not to carry a nocked broadhead, and we have probably all done it  at one time or another.

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
All too easy for me to imagine... I've had a scar on my leg for 30 years, from a friend who bumped me with a bear razorhead.  My prayers for everyone involved!

Offline Johner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Sadly this mans family will probably see some of the comments that people make on the news sites.  The last thing they need to read is that he is being demonized becuase he was a hunter.  It amazes me what people will say and do when they can be anonymous.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Don't be quick to judge, folks. Freak accidents happen.

I lowered my truck onto the handle of my floor jack two weekends ago... My right hand was on top of the jacking tube. I "de-gloved" my right thumb, from tip to the the webbing between my thumb and forefinger. So much effort was made throughout the day to ensure that the vehicle was safe to work under, and at the last minute (tired, dark out, hungry) I made a tragic mistake. The short of it is that I've been out of work without pay for over a week now and it looks like I'll need a skin graft and at least a couple more weeks to recover. The deer season, for me, is over.

Life happens and it happens fast. Take stock in your blessings daily and don't take any limb or part for granted! AND BE CAREFUL!
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
I'm heartened, though not surprised, by the mature attitudes expressed here by TG'ers. I was sickened by many of the comments posted with the article. Prayers to the two men involved and their families.

The season is upon us and I Pray we hear no more stories of tragedy. Hunt Safe people, and have a rewarding season in the woods we love!   :pray:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
I intend to be safer this year than in the past.  :pray:
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 12:15:00 AM »
i agree with some of the other guys, we just need to lift the family up in prayer. anything could happen to us. i lost a dear friend of mine 4 months ago, he was working on his brakes as he had for 28 years, his sons truck was on jackstands, one gave way and he was crushed. there were so many people asking how it could happen, it didn't change the pain his family was feeling, and there was certainly no place for negative comments. brothers we need to get back to simply praying for people, and showing compassion.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
Agreed Bucksdown. Prayers sent for the family.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Longbow1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
There was a hunting accident in Oregon this year where a guy shot his buddy in the head while stalking an elk.  I don't know how you could get over something like that.
I've heard it said that Christianity is a crutch.  To me, it's a walking stick to use on the path of life.

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
The story we are hearing here is that the father was hunting with his son,they saw the elk and were moving a few feet forward to get a clean line on the elk. The son was given the go ahead to get the first shot,when moving forward he fell to ground and his father tripped on him landing ontop with an arrow nocked.The arrow went into the chest area.

Am trying to get more info on this.

Prayers for the family and friends for both of these people...

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline TonyBighook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
A friend of mine had an arrow fall off his string.  When climbing down, he lost his grip and fell a little ways.  The arrow had landed on the nock, sticking up and the broadhead went through his thigh, cutting the femoral artery.  Thank god his friend heard him fall and came running over!  He was able to make a tourniquet, carry him to the truck and get him to the ER.  It did save his life.  Be careful friends.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©