INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayer request for a friend's family...  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayer request for a friend's family...
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
A good friend of mine, from Little Rock, Arkansas, who has a 2 1/2 year old and a 3 month old was hit head on by a semi on Friday and killed.

Please pray for his wife and kids!  He is a Christian and is with our Lord, but while I know he longed for Heaven, as we all do, I also know he would have liked to have been there for his kids as they grow up.

His wife is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet and has been left without her husband (who adored her) to raise their kids.

The kids unfortunately are to young to know what is going on.  I say "unfortunately" because even the older son probably will not even remember their father and what a fine man he was!

Please pray for His peace and strength for Sabrina, his wife!  I know she must be devastated and in total shock right now.
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayer request for a friend's family...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
this is such sad news. i will be happy to pray for the family. i know we won't understand why these things happen until we get to heaven. GOD does have a plan for them all, i pray for them to find the peace only he can give. it's even more sad because there are so many childern today growing up without fathers.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Prayers for the family sent from Georgia.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
Prayers sent for wife and kids. My hope is he had friends to take the kids on adventures and tell them what a good man thier father was.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
Prayers from here...
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
We never know when that last moment might be for any of us. Treat each moment of every day as though it was the last one to make peace and tell other we love them... boy...those word smite a bit to type as they come back on me in spades of late!  :(

Prayers for Sabrina. I'm sure such a loving wife will ensure those boys grow up knowing what a fine man their earthly father was. May that Good Lord someday provide her with another caring mate to help bring fullfillment to her life and those youngsters.

Prayers now for peace that passes all understanding to wrap her in His loving arms and hold her close through this incredible months and year ahead!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
Prayers sent. I can't even put into words what i feel for her.
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©