INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Son Heading Off to Afghanistan  (Read 2444 times)

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
Son Heading Off to Afghanistan
« on: October 03, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
Please pray for my oldest son, David who will be heading off to Afghanistan for a year long deployment with the 10th Mtn Div.  It will be his first deployment.  Thanks, friends!
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Son Heading Off to Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Prayers sent for Davids safe return.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
Prayers for David and all military deployed world-wide!

Bring home safe!

Lord in your mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
When you can I would like for you to give his email. There are a few of us who would consider it an honor to send him encouragements and let him know how much we support him and those like him who do what they do for us. There are some of us who walked along those same trails just in different places doing the same things. We know how he will need those encourageing words to get him thru at time. I for one want to encourage each and everyone of them because there have only been 2 types of men who would lay down their lives for us. Jesus Christ and the US soldier.I would say they are an elite group......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
Prayers for your son's safe journey and return home! Also for you and your family. Thank your son from all of us for his service to this country to keep us free and safe at home.
God Bless Us All!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
Amen and prayers for safety and wisdom for your son and comfort for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
my prayers are with you all, thanks for fighting for our freedom to worship the one and ONLY TRUE GOD and our country. there both under attack. i know i won't be popular to say this, but my belief is to hit them hard and fast with all we have. some believe there will be even more casualties, i don't, there will be mass destruction, they and all other countries will know we won't tolerate anyone messing with us. if you don't stop a bully (or terroist) in his tracks, his fear and support will only strenghten. if you don't believe that, i only have one word, HITLER! gods word says we should show love and compassion, and we should, but he also says we should protect our families. if we have to slay the giant to scary the armies that are againist our christian country, then you liberals need to get thee BEHIND us if your not gonna stand BESIDE us. we're proud of you guys, we all have a fight to preserve our christian right, and it's time we stand together, together we stand, divided we fall. we love you all, may GODS hand blessings be on you all.

Offline charlie phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
I wish your son the best.GOD WILL BE WITH HIM.

TXCP

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the support guys.  I'm sending him a link to this thread so he can see them himself!
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline skullworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
Thank you and your family for their sacrifices! Godspeed to your son!
Prayers sent for God's angels to wrap all of them in their protective arms.
'cuz deer huntin' ain't catch & release!

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
You got it sir. My youngest son leaves on Sunday for his first tour.

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Benha, adding your boy and your family to my daily prayer list!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Amen
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »
Paryers sent for his safe return.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
My prayers are with your son. Be proud of him and let's all be thankful for his service to our country. God bless and keep him. (nut)
Rich Potter

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
Praying for a safe return!!!!

2 Samual 22:2-4

AMEN
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »
Prayers for all over there and the ones that are getting ready for thier first or more trips back...

This is one of the things that has been and will bee heavy on the personal prayer list. Have several friends that have loved ones over there.

To all of my brother and sister prayer warriors please put this subject at the top of daily prayers..

With deepest thanks..

Later......Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
It has been a year since I posted this request, and it has been a long year.  I just received word from my son, David, that he is out of Afghanistan.  He is done with his deployment.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  His brigade is coming home with a few less brave men than when they left.  They paid the ultimate price for their country.  As much as I wish for you to thank God for all of the answered prayers for my son I would ask you brothers and sisters to pray for the families who will are grieving today because their soldier is not returning home.  Please pray for the soldiers replacing my son's brigade.  Thanks again!

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
Benha, how is your boy?

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Prayers sent for his safe return

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©