INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayer Request for Depression  (Read 1818 times)

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayer Request for Depression
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »
Since June life has been a busy blur of activity and I just returned from three weeks in Asia.

After my return I came back with either a bacterial / organism dysentery or Hepatitis.  Neither is good.  I'm tired!  Run down.

My health before leaving was not the greatest but I was holding my own even with multiple brain lesions which caused two small strokes resulting in the loss of 25% of my short term memory and a minor heart attack with a stint.

I have fought hard to stay in the game of life and one of the side effects of the brain issues has been depression.  Well it has come back in spades.  I fight it every day even in the best of times and most people except for my close friends would ever know that I'm depressed or even suffer from it.  But, honestly I am and it is the worse that it has been in a long, long time.  No interest in anything:  archery, black powder, or playing my guitars and singing a tune.

Asking for prayers I decided that I wanted to be honest with those willing to pray for me. I'm not embarrassed by what I suffer from and I hope in some way my being out in the open will give others the courage to seek help and prayer for similar problems.  Also, this way you can be more specific in your prayers for me.  

Please pray that God bless me with improved health and at least bringing the depression back to a level that is bearable and that I can function with.  I'll do my part and pray and seek the Lord and stay in His Word and do my best to do the things that I know are good for me.  I am a Disabled Vet and was able to get a Dr's appointment at the VA on the 12th.  The VA is a busy place now with all the fine young men and women coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.  I salute their service!

I covet your prayers!  Thank you in advance.
F Thomas

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayer Request for Depression
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
I just prayed for you my brother! My God give you the strength courage and peace that you seek! I understand the battle of depression! I have been there myself. Though not the same but depression is depressio! Just know that you are not alone in your struggles and God will not give us something that we can't handle with him by our side! Pm on the way with my phone #. You are on the right track by seeking help and reaching out. I thank you for your service to this country and for keeping the rest of us free and safe!
God bless you my brother!
Keeping th Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »
Amen to magnus's post especially the thank you for your service. I too have suffered from depression since I was a teen and I know it has a physical cause that produces negative thinking instead of thinking causing the depression. Praying for deliverance from the depression and that the Dr's find the right drug to help you over come this. Praying for God's best for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
Yes, God is with you and you with Him. He also gave us resources and medication to help...

thank you for sharing with us! I think that many of us struggle with some form of depression, especially in the way things are unfolding in our country these days.

May they continue to narrow the diagnosis on the malise from your Asian trip... biological issues can wreak havoc on our nervous system and main frame computer tween our ears!

Keep pressing for medical diagnoses, and treatments both for the cause and the effect!

Prayers for Healing, peace, strength, and discernment through this hard time!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
Thank you all.  

I have been reading some books on God's Forgivness and was reading last night about how God Forgives Us and since we are forgiven and our sins washed as white as snow  --Then why can't we forgive others, but just as importantly forgive ourselves.  Not doing so is a sin.  Don't know why, but I felt His presence and your prayers.

Thanks!
F Thomas

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »
Isn't  it amazing how God gives us the tools we need in times of despare. We just have to use them. There was a reason that you read that book! Continued prayers for you my brother!

Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
Brother, I too pray that you would be lifted up.  One key to the blessing of God on our lives is to stay in his will.  Seek him.  If you are doing that, then rest in him.  Jesus told us to cast our cares upon Him for He cares for us.  He cares for us, did we all just realize what that means.  The Creator of this world, the Alpha and Omega, cares for us.  He spoke the world into existance, he hung the earth on nothing, then told it to stay.  He lifted up the mountians and brought low the seas, he told the waters to come this far and no futhur.  To the saved, he told us that BEFORE he created the worlds, he wrote our names in a book.  This was the book of LIFE.  He created everything in 6 days, 6 days.  After that nothing has ever been created.  People argue with that, things have been made, but not created.  God does things that are impossible for anyone or anything else.  think on these things and then remember, HE CARES FOR YOU!!  Personally and intimately.  He died so you could have life.  If that is not reason to shout the praises of God Almighty I don't know what is.

Isaiah 40:31 (King James Version)

31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Read that scripture to yourself, God is willing to help.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
Prayers sent out for you bro. I can feel your pain as I have been praying for similar issues for myself. Doc is right about most of us suffer from some sort of depression these days. After reading your prayer request I thought my problems may not go as deep as yours. I still have not gave up on my prayers, I just asked God to take care of you first.

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
yes we have all delt with depression on one level or another, but we all know there is nothing that GOD can't overcome. you know the picture of one set of footprints in the sand, jesus is caring you, just relax and feel his arms around you, he will not let go of you, your safe and in his care. i pray GOD will bring the right doctors into your care, and they will find the medication to help you through, but that we not forget he is the greatest phyisian and if it is his will he will cure you. brother you did right by telling us so we could pray together in agreement, GODS army is far greater than we are alone. we men are so bad at not opening up, it's like we are showing our weakness, that is only a lie from satan, it's not what GODS word says. thank you for allowing us to share in your struggle, you will overcome. we love you brother. take care.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
Still praying for you buddy. I went squirrel hunting today with my daughter. What a stress reliever. She got one, and I missed one. We took our dust mop dog with us.(he thinks he's a hunting dog) When we were out in the woods, all my problems seem to vanish. I couldn't stop thinking about Gods creation and how everything was made for you and me. I had to pause a few times to look up and say thanks.

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Thank you for your continued prayers.  A long time buddy of mine came up to visit and forced me to get out of the house.  That was a good feeling.  It particularly helps to think about someone else and not focus on one's self.  Another good reminder to myself.

I have to say that faith in God and prayers such as these are a tremendous encouragement.  I know there are many across America and even on this board that are having difficult times with job loss and the economy, relationships, etc.  My prayers go out to them and their famalies.

The depression isn't gone but I know that if I stay focused on the Son there will always be a light of hope as we cross our valley's. Like my Pastor has said:  You are either just coming out of the valley or you are getting ready to go into one.  It is called life in a broken world.  None of us are immune from troubles and the Word tells us to expect them.

Again, thank you for your prayers.  God Bless!
F Thomas

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Glad to here there are things that are helping. One day if not one minute at a time. My offer still stands for you! Any time night or day ! I've been been woken up for a lot less important  reasons do DON'T  hesitate! I mean that my friend!! God Bless You and still praying!

Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
Prayers sent for a better solution to your problem.  Have a good talk with your Dr. and let him help you.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I'm glad to hear your friend got you out of the house. Get out and blow a little stink off of yourself. Enjoy the little things. Example: our cat just hualed up a dead bird from the road, he's trying to take the credit for it. He makes me laugh.

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »
Thank you all for your continued prayers.   They are working.  Every day is getting a little better and today was actually very good.

I appreciate it so much!  I know that you sometimes wonder if prayers make a differance and I want you to know that they do.  My life circumstances haven't changed, but the Lord is renewing my strength and is there with me each step of the way.  

God Bless You All!  Again, thank you so much!
F Thomas

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Praying for anyone is a blessing to those praying if they understand that it is Jesus who through His infinite love intercedes for those that are prayed for. He also loves us so much that He lets His love flow through those who pray. That love is the power that motivates those who pray. When we reach heaven we will fully understand the honor we have been given to let His love flow though us. We won't be thanking each other but will joyfully be throwing those crowns at the feet of Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Praise God!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
Prayers from here... Thankyou for being so open and honest with this. It is helping others more than you will ever know....

Again Prayers from here.....

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline IdahoCurt

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Good Thoughts sent your way.When I get down exercise always seems to help me out.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
Benson,

Wisdom beyond your years in what you wrote there.  Amen and AMEN!

FT, Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
I have deppression also, nothing to be ashamed of. It's just another disease much like diabetes or anything else. With the proper medicine it is treatable and life  can be good, especially if you stay in the Lord. I'll pray for you
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©