INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Thank God for Brussel sprouts  (Read 1221 times)

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank God for Brussel sprouts
« on: October 11, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
Yesterday,sunday our pastor preached about how as christians the world will hate us because the world hated Christ and the more feathers we ruffle by taking a bold stand for Christ the more the world will not like us. Good message but..... The Lord used that message and made it personal to me. What do I mean? Well, alot of people don't like brussel sprouts ( insert least favorite food)but we had to eat them as a child.As a child of God, he occasionally disiplines us for a variety of things and disipline is never enjoyed or even wanted.But THANK GOD that he loves us enough as his children to disipline us, to bring us back into the fold when we go astray, so no matter what life is handing you always be sure to Thank God for brussel sprouts and for his love for us.    :goldtooth:
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank God for Brussel sprouts
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
Very good point! Only problem is I LOVE BRUSSEL SPROUTS. LOL!

Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
Good point Joe. Our pastor say's that He would take you behind the woodshed if your naughty.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
Spare the rod spoil the child. That applies to Gods children as well. A lesson I had to learn not to long ago.

Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Wow...sounds like you have a good anchor in that church/pastor, Joe!

Maybe before I die I will learn to be more like Paul and praise God for challenges instead of cursing bad fortune and people who are vexations to the soul...

If I ever thought I was even close to God's will, my daily drive to work an hour in expressway traffic is all the reality check I need, 2x day, that I do NOT like Brussle Sprouts and am filled with the blackness of the devil even though I wish to be different.

You've come so very far from your stumble and I for one look up to you for the ground you've gained and insights learned.

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother. You're an inspiration!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
He truly is!!
Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
Inspiration?? Me, No I'm just a small man in the process of losing everything. I've lost my family and now the courts are taking my future away from me. I found out today that I have to pay support on my 20 year old daughter who isn't in college but is supposedly enrolled for next semester. She wont talk to me and I have no visitation rights, but I get the privalege of paying for her schooling also. My wife totaled the car (suv) on her way back to wyoming, so now I'm sure I'll be hit with having to pay the difference between what the car is worth and the loan amount.If I were a betting man I'd bet that I'll have to sell my house so she can buy her another car. Guess I better get to liking brussel sprouts because it sure seems like thats all I'm getting to eat as of late.
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
There are times when I truely wonder why I was spared from my stumble, usually these times are late at night when everything is quiet and no one else is around. On the bright side I did get some sleep for the first time last weekend.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
I just read your post on the other prayer request. Your purpose may just be your compassion for your fellow human beings. If we knew what Gods plan was for our whole lives would we really be as prepared for it? We grow, learn and mature with every trial and tribulation we go through. When you are ready God will let you know what he needs you for. Trust in his word and in his love and he will see you through. God bless you brother and you are still in our prayers.
Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 06:57:00 AM »
Joe,
I am praying for your healing.  The words of encouragement I've been reading here have been as much a blessing to me as you.  I'm a thirty year professional with a large corporation who was laid off unexpectedly last April. We think our faith is strong until everything falls apart.  Believe me brother, I can relate.  I believe everything happens for a reason and God will see me through this, but it took me 5 months to admit that my anger was destroying me, yet I refused to lay it down.  The hatred of my former employer sustained me.  The Word teaches that in order to be forgiven, we must forgive.  By God's grace I'm finally beginning that process and moving on. I'm wondering if Doc would give me his cell number and just give me an inspirational message each morning!  The first chapter of James tells us to regard our trials with pure joy, as God is helping us to mature as Christians.  You won't hear from me when I get that obedient, cause I will have long since been called home! May the Holy Spirit sustain you, Joe.
Love in Christ
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
This roller coaster you're on Joe is one I know and have gone through with many others over the years.

I read something by the gent who wrote Prayer of Jabez. He said in his other book that God sometimes allows the devil to push us HARD...to see how much faith we have in our Lord...and there are other times HE allows tests us mightily to see how ready WE are for what HE Has planned for us next. Spooky thoughts...

He tells us "do onto the least of these, and you've done onto me", we never know where a "jesus spirit" might be in our path to test our love of others, but we also never know what challenge we face might be His doing (or allowing)as he prepares us to "go forth and spread the good news."

Where I personally fall short mightily is in the demeanor in which I endure challenges. I don't do it with Paul's cheerful heart and in thanksgiving. I cuss, fuss, stomp, growl and complain.  :(   Just doing or enduring is no accomplishment or witness to His Glory if I do it sour.  :(   I'm trying to learn, but fail often.

So come and growl, fume and gripe all you want. Many of us here I've come to know here fully understand those short-comings in ourselves. Together we can endure, lift each other up, and learn to keep our faces lifted up.

What comes next is promised to be way better than what you built up on your own... easy to offer the advice to "surrender up your storehouse", cause I don't do it easily (or well) myself...but following along thru all this, I think there is a 'promise' in all you're going through... Don't have "premonitions" often, but I sense if you but stay strong in your faith---this could be very amazing!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
joe, we all have gone through many hard times, in our flesh we seem to always question, why me, GOD knows my heart. well joe, GOD does know your heart, he wouldn't allow you to go through this if he didn't also have faith in you. i believe he prepares his worriors, just as we take our best in the military to go into special forces, so does he. on the outside the apostels seemed like your average guy, but he knew there heart and what they were capable of. joe i'm like many here, i know i should count it a blessing when trouble comes but i get mad, hurt and start doughting. we men find it so hard to just surrender, it's just in mens nature to want it fixed, NOW! And when trouble starts we're ready to rumble. WOOPS! we fogot, GOD can take care of anything. we need to let him work things out in his time and we will always be blessed, and he will be glorified not only through our obidence, but the example it could be to the people around us. so many times i've looked back and kicked myself, and asked, lord forgive me, why did i dought? joe i've been through pretty much the same thing your are and i have to be honest, it can seem overwhelming at times, starting over is scary, the material things won't be the same, your house may be different, everything but GOD. he will lift you up out of this higher than you've every been. even a man like me of liitle faith when things go bad, he still showed how much he loved me. i'm a wittnes to how awsome he his. i was a broken down mess, if you could only see me now. for all of his willing disiples there will be more trials, just rememder the battle he is preparing us for. i will continue to pray for you. you all can pray for me, one my biggest problems is my mouth, as i tell my son, i let my hippopotamas mouth overload my humming bird butt. take care my brother, we love you and we're in this battle together, in the end, we win.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©