INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayer answered...  (Read 1267 times)

Offline econnell71

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayer answered...
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
Just a quick story and the blessing of My Lord and Saviour....I work in an Emergency Room as an EMT my hours quickly being reduced; I applied for a LifeLine Critical Care position that is very competitive...Opening day of deer season while walking along the river through a field i came upon a tree stump, the stars were bright and the air was crisp; I had a strong urge to kneel down and pray on that ol'stump so I did...just as Daniel would talk to God;

I asked the Lord for his blessing to give me all the right words and strength, if i were to have an interview; to use me as his tool; If i could offer one smile or a touch to help soothe or comfort a patient or a mother or father...

To make a long story short, I was called for an interview 2 days later and got the job; If you don't know what lifeline critical care is ...it's the worst of the worst patients at their time of need and emergency med resulting from trauma..transfer from the scene to hospital via air or ground...I just wanted to share how my Lord replenished me with a full time job to keep my "important" finances current and using me as a tool to spread his word...I'm sure I'm not giving him as much credit as he deserves in my post; but the Lord knows my heart and intentions.
Martin Savannah LB 62" 60@28
Martin Vision LB 66" 65@28"
Martin Hunter    62" 55#@28"
Martin Hunter    62" 45@28"
Martin Jaguar bowfish recurve
Martin Rebel...who knows
"If you teach your kids how to hunt..You won't have to hunt your kids!"

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayer answered...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
GOD bless you for your willingness to seek that poistion, it takes special people to do these type of jobs. i've said thank GOD for emergency people, and mortions, i couldn't do either job. i pray that you will have the opportunity talk to the people,and your bosses will allow you to reach out to them. it's sad in our political correct nation we can't give people what they need the most without repercussion, but where there is a will, there is a way. i said this because of a late friend of mine that used to be an emt.(he's gone on to be with the lord through a terrible accident while doing brakes on this sons truck). he said one of the worst parts of the job was seeing people die not knowing if they were saved, and not being able to share without losing his job. i pray that won't be the case with you. i believe your gonna be great at your job. just pray everyday for the opportunity to talk to them, that GOD will open the door and give you the words to say. GOD BLESS YOU.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
Amen prayers of praise and strength, wisdom, and grace.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
They say we're tallest on our knees... Amen.

congratulations on His Favor being put upon you for this important job...now know the depth of responsibility and faith He's place in YOU to do His bidding.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
I worked in EMS for around 15 years on my days off from the rig. I can tell you some stories as I'm sure you could too. It was while doing this job that I came to know my Lord and Saviour. I wish I typed fast enought to share it with all of you but maybe someday. I'll just say that I was the one who was sick after all was said and done. This fine lady showed me more thru her sickness in 5 months then 25 years of church ever did. With that being said I will tell you as you already know that God will give you chances to be a wittness for Him in whatever you are doing. I PRAISE God for your willingness to humble yourself to kneel down on a stump and seek His guidance in this area of your life. Just remember that you may not always be the one who is doing the wittnessing. You may become the one who is being wittnessed to.... They are out there and will turn up in some of the darnest places and it will be when you need it the most........ Also remember;
Hebrews 13:12 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

I hope you never suffer burnout like I did and that you always have a song in your heart and a word for our Father on your lips as you go. God bless you and yours. I lift you and those like you everytime I hear that old siren wailing into the night........Thank you for your service......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
Praise God!!  He still works with us everyday!!

God Bless you in your new work for Him,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
Eric, it takes a special person to take on a job such as this. Prayers of thanks went out for you and people like you.

Offline econnell71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
Thank you for all the kind words; I'm trying to be a stronger christian and not the "hypocrite" christian I used to be as I walked away from church 20yrs ago, I was put to my knees from seeing all the ugly and I would feel(got a feeling like the Holy spirit looked through my eyes at patients) and so many has said that i have so much compassion in my eyes (at that time that was the last thing i seen in my own eyes), my hands would physically sweat and get so hot...it scared me...I then knew the Lord was tugging on my heart strings once again to bring me closer...I just want to be stronger in biblical terms so i can quote scripture and possibly introduce our Saviour to someone who wants to get to know him; Thank you again brothers for the kind words.
Fraternally,
Eric
Martin Rebel...who knows

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Without offending anyone...  as I've aged I've come to be much more attuned to a statement shared by a preacher many years ago: He said that people don't care what comes out of your mouth (reciting scripture) as they're impressed by what they see coming from your heart!

If Eric,if you open your heart to first Christ and then those who cross your path in your role, you WILL be witnessing in a way that makes people WANT some of what you've got! "The living water that forever quences thirst!"
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline econnell71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
thank you Doc! My heart is open and just like an ol gospel song my father used to sing while playing the guitar.."If you are thirsty and dry look up to the sky...It's beginning to rain."

Well I'm thirsty for the Lord!
Martin Rebel...who knows

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
Amen, brother. Go forth an minister to the wounded of soul and body!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
Good deal! I'm glad things are working out
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Amen, (nut)
Rich Potter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©