INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayer please for my upcoming challenge!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayer please for my upcoming challenge!
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
December 14th is back surgery day.  It will be #3 on the same area.  This time a fusion.  I have been struggling with making this decision for two years and finally feel I have no choice if I want to keep working my desk job.  Setting and standing in one place most of the time has gotten brutal.  It has been difficult because I am not a typical case and my surgeon has been real conservative in getting to this point.  We are not sure if it will solve all my mystery problems, but it looks like the only thing left to try.  

I have had two answers to prayer that were very specific so I am going on faith way more than anything to take this step.  I have about 6-8 weeks of tough times ahead with 6-12 months to really see how things go.  I am strong right now so hope that will help a lot.  

My faith waivers from time to time.  Apprehension creeps in from time to time.  I wonder if my answered to prayer were coincidence and not God speaking.  Then there are time I am excited to see God work and look forward to the joy and strength that I will have when I see what God will do.  

Lift me up in your prayers!  I want to be feeling half decent for Christmas!
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayer please for my upcoming challenge!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
I pray for you to have a full recovery and healing.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
Prayers from here...
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Co-incidence, or as mom used to say, God-incidence!

The Lord's "still small voice" is man's largest hurdle...

Is mine anyway!

Prayers for discernment and then Peace that His Will be done, regardless of your choices!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
Amen praying for your healing and God to keep you faith up. You can pray for me as I live on advil having to sit at my desk all day
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
The Lord has taken you this far, he won't let you down. Praying to the Lord for for a painless full recovery.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »
Prayerys from us for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 07:47:00 AM »
i pray GODS hand in your surgery to help the doctor, to see maybe an unforseen problem and the knowledge to correct it. may your strenght in your faith, your surgery, and your recovery, continue to grow.GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE!

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
Thanks all keep them coming.  It has been crazy with all the doctor appointments and pre op testing.  All that is done now.  I am working long hours to make ups as much time as possible and build all the buffer I can get on my projects.  Then it home to try and do as many things around here to be ready for winter without much ability to do stuff around the house.  I just need to kick this cold virus.  I REALLY don't want to be doing much coughing and sneezing next week.      :eek:      :D
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
May The Lord hold you and ease all pain. Prayers are up from far away Guam.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
Todd,

I will pray for you and the skill of your surgeon so you can come out of this free of pain and with a better life as a result. I believe that God works "miracles" every day and faithfully answers our prayers. All of us have doubts and questions, but don't discount the answers He has given you as mere coincidence. By answering your prayers, He is fulfilling His promise to you to be with you if you believe and follow Him.

I will have surgery on my knee the day before your surgery, so while I am lying around after surgery, I will be praying for you, especially on the 14th while you are on the operating table. I know your surgery is much more delicate and important than mine, so I pray that God will lay His healing hands on you and will direct the Holy Spirit to guide your surgeon during the operation so you can have a good recovery and a return to a full and painless life.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Continued prayers for you to shake the virus to allow the surgery on schedule.  

Keep the spirits up and your eyes on Him.

Keep the Son in your eyes and we'll keep you lifted up!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
prayers sent ....and that faith only has to be about mustard seed size brother.....listen and God will speak.....
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
Prayers sent for you and your family!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
amar911, thanks and I will be thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer tonight and tomorrow.  I did a very extensive knee scope two years ago right about now.  It took a lot longer to get going than most because of all the torn up stuff in there and bone work to clean everything up, but I have to say it is much improved now.  I am glad I did it.  

Big Ed,  I hope your are doing well and on the way to healing up that hand!  Another prayer on the way for you and yours.

Well things are falling into place.  My cold is clearing up and in two more days I should be in good shape.  Things are getting done and not much left to do now.  Yesterday was my birthday, and today we did a birthdays for four of use with them in December and Christmas family get together so I will not miss anything the rest of 2010.  

Tomorrow I finish up some work, do the office Christmas party and get the final fit on my brace.  I am still calm about it, but I am sure tomorrow I will start to get a little nervous.  

I got a call from one of my old friends and collage room mates last night.  He called to tell me the father of my best friend from collage had died.  It was very sad news more so because of the way he lived the end of his life.  He drank himself to death from the sounds of it and went into the hospital three days after his wife got home from the hospital after triple bypass.  A group of us spent a lot of time on weekends at my best friend's families place when we were in school so I know the whole family well.  My good friend's family is hurting a lot right now.  Visitations are Monday and Tuesday with the funeral on Wednesday.  They are on the other side of the state and farther than I can possibly travel tomorrow to try and get there and back.  I so wish I could be there.  Both these friends dropped everything and were here for me when my mother was killed 13 years ago.  We did get a chance to talk some today and catch up a little.  We plan to talk more in a couple weeks when things settle down some for both of us.

My friend who called also has had some hard times.  We talked until 1 am.  Work is hit an miss for him now.  He had a hart attack a couple years ago at 47.  He is raising his son and his x-wife's daughter while also trying to help out his x-wife, who is a recovered alcoholic, but has major heath issues.  We agreed to stay in touch and talk more in a week or so when I am settled a little.

Both my friends are unsaved to the best of my knowledge and living the old life I did when we were close friends.  Please lift them up in prayer and also pray that I will have the words to share with them in the future.  

As difficult as it was to hear of all the sorrows in these two friends lives, it was uplifting at the same time when I though of what Christ has saved me from, and took me out of staring 13 years ago.  Life is not easy for any of us, and I have had my share, but I am so blessed in so many ways.

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
Thoughts and Prayers Brother, sent from Ohio...
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »
Todd
Prayers sent for you buddy, let me know if you need anything. Keep your focus on our creator even in difficult times.
Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
everything went real well.  1 hr less than sched.  Recover room was fast and easy.  Pain not too bad.  Getting around well.  Just need to get digestive system running better and I am out of here.  Bad cell signal. Thanks for your prayers!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
Prayers for continued healing and wisdom to not over do it.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Praises for the unexpected ease of the procedure and echoes to BenBow's call for your wisdom to not be too engaging and undo the good progress!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©