INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Another hunting accident  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
Another hunting accident
« on: December 19, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
I would like to request prayer for yet another hunter injured while hunting. He was shot in the head accidently while duck hunting this morning. Not only would I ask you to pray for the young fellow who was shot but also for his best friend who shot him. I don't know the details but both familys are broken right now. Lord in your mercey we seek your touch for the both of them.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another hunting accident
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
Amen
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:12:00 AM »
Prayers from Georgia sent.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:01:00 AM »
Lord we ask for your intervention.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
our prayers are with them both, that GOD will heal them and give them peace. the emotions both families are feeling have to be davastating. may GODS hand be on them and the doctors to see his glory. GOD LOVES THEM AND SO DO WE!

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Prayers from here...
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Words once spoken cannot be recalled, nor the damage erased.  Same with our beloved sport of hunting. Any shot, bow or gun, once released, can not be recalled.

Indeed, prayers for the victim and family. You said "injured" so I assume the victim isn't deceased so prayers for healing and restoration.

Prayers also for the shooter and his family. There will be tremendous periods of intense remorse and possible retribution by others.

Prayers for peace, forgiveness and healing both physical and emotional.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
UPDATE: They had to go in and put another drain tube in to reduce the pressure on his brain. From the CT they didn't find any lead in his brain but he does have several skull fractures. Still don't have any details on how it happened. Late last night his brain had started to swell but it seems like they have stopped it. He did squeeze his Mom's hand this morning and his pressure inside his skull was at 10. They are going to start the repairs on his skull in the morning. Please continue to pray for both families as they both have a long way to go before this is over how ever it works out.......God it is in your hands.......Dusty
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
Prayers for both from us!

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 11:13:00 PM »
Well they are thinking that there will be no brain damage. They are going to put a plate in the place where his skull was messed up and repair his scalp. When it is all said and done he is a very blessed young man. Thank you all for your prayers. My sister told him Mom about me posting here and said to thank you all from the bottom of her heart. Lord you have shown yourself in control again.
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 06:06:00 AM »
Thank you Lord for touching this child, may his heart be forever belonging to Jesus.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bro-n-arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
LORD I pray for a complete recouvery!
Psalm 71:18 Now also when I am old and gray-headed,O God, do not forsake me,Until I declare your strength to this generation.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
Had 2 buds in Nam that got head shot and had plates... they lived totally "normal" lives after all was said and done...

Thank you, Jesus!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
We need to keep the young man who shot him in our prayers as well. He is still really upset and still kind of out of it.
It seems that when the ducks started to come in that Dylan squated down and told his friend to shot. Just as he was tracking the ducks to shoot Dylan stood up into the shot. He fell into the water an had to be fisher out. It was around 30º that morning so now he is wet as well. They had to transfer Dylan to a second boat that was faster and then into another boat before he got to land. What a mighty God we serve. Being wet also saved his life according to the ER doc as it slowed down the swelling that he had on his brain.
I'm offshore now and won't get updates as often but will post them as I get them. Again thank you all on behalf of this family for your prayers.......Dusty
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
Prayers sent.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
Prayer on the way for both families.  I hope they are both back hunting safe soon.  

As a water fowler I sure can see how easy and accident can happen with wading around in mud, ice and water, under water holes and sticks to trip, rocky boats, no camo, and a few other things that can cause a problem fast if you are not on top of your safety.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online stillhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
Lord take this horrible accident,heal both these men and use it for your glory.Amen

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Merry CHRISTmas to you all. It seems Dyllan has had a set back Friday. The pressure in his brain has built up around 36 and they were very concerned. This afternoon it has came back down to somewhere in the teens but they have him in a drug induced coma to allow his brain to rest. I know God has a plan for this young fellow and that we are all a part of it. As much as Dyllan needs our prayers his Mom needs them more right. She is staving by his side 24 hours a day. She has not faltered for the most part but is very close to meltdown. Please pray she will get some rest and that God will give her comfort in this quit possibly the worst Christmas she has ever had. I will call my sister tonight and see where they are tonight and post more soon. God has not left this family to walk alone with this but has allowed us to join Him in this work and to see His power working in this family. We have to unite and lift Dyllan and his Mama up to our Father for comfort not so much for only them but also for us too. WE/I need to see the power of prayer and the work it does as a witness to them as well as to myself. God you said you would never leave us or forsake us. You have never done so but I can't say the same thing. Please forgive me my sins as well as my unbelief when I don't see the results I want to see. Lord thank You for these brothers and sisters who would pray for someone they don't even know because I have asked them too. Lord on this day we have set aside to rejoice in you Son's birth I ask you to hear our plea's for this one and every other who had need in their lives. Father we have nowhere to go except to you with this need. Please show yourself mighty in Dyllan's life and give his Mama comfort in this time of need. Please shine forth your light into this darkest of time in their lives. Shine for all to see your hand on this family, Father we stand on our faith and in the power of your word to us in asking these things.......Amen. Sorry to have run on so and Thank you all for your prayers and time .......Dusty
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Dusty-am so sorry to hear about your friends' hunting accident. I too, have prayed for your friends and families with the hope of a full recovery. God bless you all.
Kenny    :pray:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
Prayers continue. It's in His hands...

Lord in your mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©