INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Quick request for more strength  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Quick request for more strength
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
The selfish part of me wants to ask immediately for healing...but I know that I need to be asking for more strength to endure.

Spent the entire Christmas week dog sick. Was off work Fri/Mon/Tue and due to a bum knee, couldn't do 2nd archery season, so schedule Therapy on Monday and annual physical Tues. Seemed smart.

Something happened. Tuesday after doc appointment, I came home and felt like I was hit by a truck!

Been writhin around in pain, chills, fever, aches and shivvering like a dog passing peach pits!  :(   Then the true source started. Intestinal flu the doc called it.

I can't drink enough "clear liquids" given what's been coming out!   :eek:  

This is the 5th day and I still am doubled up with cramps and running to the head constantly...even with them li'l "tightener" pills!   "[dntthnk]"  

I'm plumb tired of bareback riding the porcelan pony!  :(   I want OUT of this rodeo!  :(

Only got today and Sunday to heal up. Lost 2 unpaid days Wed/Thur. Salary where I work only means we put in 48 hrs a week, but only get 5 days of "sick/personal" and you "use or loose"--so they made me take Mon& Tue off and ended up sick Wed & Thur! so aside from being depressed and sick of being sick and in such pain for so long... now there is an impending economic impact!

Seems odd to ask God to ease the pain and allow this virus to crawl outa me into the sewer where it belongs and stay there. Haven't seen my Dad since Christmas!  Some local nursing homes are quaranteening their institutions this "virus" is so virulent.  :(

thanks for a few words put up...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quick request for more strength
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
Prayers for healing from Colorado Doc.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
Prayers sent for a quick recovery and healing.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Prayers for strength and patience and economic stability and for this to pass quickly!

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Lord please heal Doc today. Thank you for being there for us when we need you. Take this sickness out of his body and restore him to health. Keep him and Pop safe and strong as they continue to be a wittness of your and an encouragement to us all on this site. It is in your Holy Name we ask these things.....Amen.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Continued prayers Brother as always.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
Prayer sent!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
WOW doc i feel for you brother. i pray this is just a small bump in the road. lord we ask in your name to heal doc, if it's your will, to shield doc from futher sickness, from financial, loss, heal him so he can focus on being a wittness for your kingdom. take care doc. GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Seems almost petty to come here about a miserable virus given the seriousness of the many requests, but I was at wits-end. (some might say that isn't a road long traveled in my case)   :eek:  

things continued as described in my quiet desperation yesterday after lunch time. In desperation, I even stopped eating saltines or jello.   :(    

BEfore bed last night, I doubled on the immodium pills at 8 and kept the hourly trots till midnight.

things got slowly better over night. This am, things have been "quiet".

I kept looking over my shoulder, afraid to even drink, for fear of more viral retribution, till I came here and all of a sudden, my (facial)cheeks reddened.    :o  

Here I almost forgot I posted in dispair yesterday and I should have known all you troopers are out there yesterday and on a Sunday since early AM praying on my behalf.

I'm hoping this is a permanent uphill swing. I feel weak as a newborn kitten, but grateful beyond belief to have been retired from the procelan rodeo! It would be amazing to be able to get back to work tomorrow.

Praise God for small favors and for prayer warriors.

I'm in your debt and filled with gratitude. Empty of everything else, but filled with gratitude!  :)    :saywhat:  

WARNING: Whatever this is, if it hits your area, be careful and be vigilant. This intestinal 'flu' stuff is wild this year! Never seen anything last like this!   :(  

thank you Jesus and my Gang friends.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
From Ky

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Prayers from here...

Hope you turned the corner on this.....

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
Off work again today, but through the miracles of computers, could log into my work computer and do work in the room near the Porcelan Stable!  :)

Doc says they're open very LATE every night this week as this malise has 'taken off' here locally and isn't letting go once it has you.

Seems the toast I ate wasn't the reason last evening that all went 360..it was the tiny piece (oh, ok 2 tiny pieces) of cheese. Dairy verboten...along with caffeine! Yikes!

Gotta go get some scheduled xrays done, but jeeze I can't wait to eat a pepperoni pizza and a  deer steak!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
Doc been gone and just found this. Prayers for God's healing for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Doc, Hope you feel better soon.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Contiued prayers for this to pass.

Keeping the Faith!
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Prayers for your malady to lessen and be gone.  Peppermint Oil and Manuka Honey will calm your stomach down.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
May Jesus' Healing Powers be passed onto My Bro, Doc Nock, in Christ Jesus' Name I ask this, Amen!!
     Prayers Sent Daily My Friend! Viruses are Nothing to Mess Around With!! The Worst of it, Virus Related Sickness just has to "Run Their Course", No Pun Intended there Buddy. Doesnt sound like You have anything left to "Run"! Stay Hydrated Above ALL!! Hang In There My Friend!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline eddings220

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Praying for you brother, may you be healed in the name of Jesus, and thanks for being such a prayer warrior and encourager for so many on this site. Be blessed with health and rest!
"Respect & Integrity" - Two things that will get you a long way with God and with men.  Mark Eddings

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
Last night I was able to attend my sons wrestling match, the first one I was able to get to this season. just before he was up I got a phone call from work that the cable had broke on the plow truck, so off I had to go. I was feeling angry about the whole deal why did i have to miss his match, why the heck did it have to snow then, how did the guy's break that cable and why tonight of all nights? Well it turns out my son ended up not wrestling that night, we needed the snow to insulate the ground to keep our pipes from freezing and the cable just broke, no ones fault. Sometimes a person with the help of Satin can brew up a storm in their minds. But if we trust in the Lord it all has purpose.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Actually up at 5:30 AM and made it off to work today. It's 4pm and I'm ready to lay down and sleep!!

Busy day but thankfully, aside from some gut cramps and urges, nothing of consequence. Now if I can just hang onto this wonderous diet of jello, saltines and salted noodles, I'm in!

C'mon Pepperonni Pizza days!

Thanks for all the prayers... not amazing but it still makes me stop in wonder...how I was feeling rough, then all of a sudden, not so much, and come here to find y'all were praying up a storm!

Thank you friends. Thank you, Friend, Jesus!

This one is a doozie... if'n you get it, be mindful.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©