INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: New Prayers for Pop  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
New Prayers for Pop
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Back last March I asked for prayers for my then just turned 88 yr old dad. He had a stroke 10 days after his birthday last year.

Dad started to go ok...but then quit progressing and ended up in a nursing home. The doc there told me that he doubted he'd decline quickly, but doubted he'd ever improve.

I've had to be vigilant with the nursing home as they, like many of them, are understaffed and administrative heavy... so sometimes, care issues I had to fight to get what was needed.

This past week, Dad tanked. Where before, he would occassionally drop a cup, he's now where all of a sudden, he can't hold anything, even the phone to speak to his lovely lady friend (mom died 6 yrs ago).

He sleeps constantly. Today the Doc told me he's going to try to pull as much of his meds as possible to see if it helps, but he is doubtful, but hopeful, DAd might rebound, but thinks his body is just shutting down and wore out!

Dad's blood sugar spiked to 480 over the weekend and now he's so weak...he can barely work his TV remote.

The next week will be telling...their last ditch tries either will rebound him for a bit or not.

Doc feels by mid week next week we may wish to speak to Dad to let him know it's 'end-of-life' time and bring in hospice to help keep him more comfortable. I've prepared to leave work early when that time comes so I can be there with Dad when the Doc does the hard work.  :)

I know this is eminent...but now that it may just be around the corner... it's hard.

I won't even pray for anything but God's will. I gave Dad to God a long while back and refuse to take it back now because it is sad. I won't do that.

I will ask that whatever is God's will that He grant my father the peace that passes all understanding and allows Dad to feel that peace and acceptance.  I ask that prayer of each of you as well.

There is no doubt that I will have that peace, but not without my fair measure of anguish...and tears. It is what must be... but I fear for my Dad in his current state of semi-confusion and anger that he can't do what he wants...

Thank you my prayer warrior friends. God bless.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Prayers for Pop
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
Praying hard Doc, for both of you. Like you said we know it's coming, doesnt make it easy, all we can do is our best and pray for his will. Hang on tight Doc.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Praying for the best in these difficult times.  we have just finished dealing with this with my wife's father.

Keep your chin up.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
Continue prayers for you and Dad.

Brother Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
Prayers sent for you bud as always. Stay strong bro we are here for you. Please contact me if there is anything I can do for you and your family. Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Prayers sent for peace and comfort that only He can give. I am forever grateful for the words of encouragement you gave me through the toughest time in my life. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
                           James
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 04:27:00 AM »
Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Our Lord has his own plan for us all, you have made the right choice to leave it up to him. I will pray with you for the Lords will with your father. God Bless.

Jim
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 04:31:00 AM »
Lord, I'm praying along side Dave for his father. Even though I have never met him I consider him a friend and brother, I pray that you impart your will on him for you know what is best for us all, Amen.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »
Doc. I know what your going through. I pray that Gods will be done and for strength and comfort for you and your pop.  It never easy but you are not alone. We're here for you Doc!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Amen. There's not a lot that I can say but I pray for God's very close presence for you and your dad.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
doc my heart goes out to you, my dad passed away one year ago today, our family was faced with the same decicions, it will be hard on your own, but kling to jesus and allow his will to be done. we never want to face the loss of someone we love so dearly. for me i was selfish in not wanting to let go, but my dad was dying of cancer, they could no longer help him. we probaly have no idea how much he was hurting, he was one of the toughest men i knew, he would fight a circular saw and give it 2 rounds head start. as i look back, i can now smile, and be happy knowing he has no pain, i will see him again, and GODS promise has been fullfilled. we love you doc, our prayers are with you, i lift you up in jesus name, to feel his love, peace, understanding, and direction in the decisions ahead. GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE!

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
I have never quit praying for ya'll. I will continue to do so and also will pray God's  will be done. Doc someday I too will have to let my Mom go and I don't look forward to that day. I hope I can show the strength that you have thru this whole thing. We as atill here for you Doc.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Thanks all! It means a lot to come here and read your words, one and all.

I don't know about 'strong' but I know that true love is to want for others, not for self.

When Dad's ready and God's calling, it will happen. Nothing we mere mortals can do to add or subtract a bit of it.

I'm the only "hell" my folks ever raised... so it all ends here. With the many physical issues that were bred into my genetic code, I made a tough call a long time ago to stop this gene pool (I used to tease the folks it was a cess-pool) right here!

No other family really. All Mom's people are gone as are Dad's. Cousins scattered to the winds on both sides and we've never been close.

Not really feeling that alone actually. I can say that I've tried to be there steady and true for Dad these past 10 months with daily visits while working and traveling 55 hrs/week.

I can hold out a while longer! :)Dad was always this quiet rock...didn't say much and endured a lot of guff from my Mom but never mouthed back.

:)  I'd have done well to model him more but I was too much like my mother to let it slide all the time.

Dad will likely go as he lived and that is my prayer: Quietly and peacefully.

I pray the Lord will wrap him in such peace there will be no regrets and no fear...just the unshakable knowledge that Jesus waits for him on the other side.

Thanks folks...  :)  You are MY rock...along with Jesus.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
Doc,Prayers from here.

Have been in this same boat with my Dad.

If you feel the need to Talk please feel free to call.(253) 203-8722 its on 24/7. If I cant answer leave a message I will call you back..

Again prayers from here

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
prayers sent and Gods peace to you......
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
Prayers sent Doc.  God's will shall bring him to his Kingdom, where he shall be at peace for eternity.  May God Bless your Dad, you, and your family during this time.  Stay strong brother.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Doc.  My prayers are with you and for your dad.  All things that one loves is always the hardest to have to let go of.  Stay strong my friend.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline jarhead_hunter

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
I will be honored to pray for your Dad.

Charles.
Semper Fidelis
1st Mar Div RVN 1968-1970
1st MAW RVN 1966-1967

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Nurses tell me he's weakining daily. Before it all hits the fan, I got out for a last day of deer here in PA in special reg areas.

I'd not been hunting any other seasons since Fall archery ended mid nov.  Just too covered-up with "stuff."

We found 8"++ of snow down where we went. it was tough walking anywhere...but so very beautiful as this last snow hung on everything and it was a winter wonderland.

We pushed too hard... and by mid afternoon, I was in near tears with my legs/knee hurting, but I'd not trade that time out for anything! I needed to be with God's nature for a break.

I called to check on Dad. He is much weaker...he couldn't sit up & hold his head up.

Trying to pay all his bills today before my POA expires when he does.   :(  

Thanks for the continued prayers and support. I can feel this sense of calm, surely from your prayers and God's love... I know I'm ok with Dad's passing and very resigned to that.

The thought of him actually being "GONE" is what brings tears quickly.  Since 3/26/10 I've been visiting him daily...that alone will leave a huge "hole".

Pop being the last of family and none of my own...well...that kinda sucks.   :(   But I know it opens opportunities that have been delayed for the 20 yrs as I stayed local to watch over and help care for both parents as they aged.

I just continue to pray for a peaceful passing for dad without fear or anxiety.  Those of us left behind, God will care for in His way, but it's Dad's actual passing that I pray for peace for him!

Lord in your Mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Continued prayers brother....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©