INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Hair...Long Beautiful Hair (Adler update)  (Read 937 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Hair...Long Beautiful Hair (Adler update)
« on: February 05, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Here's the latest from Adler's dad.
"Okay, It may not be long, but it is beautiful. Adler has been off the vincristine long enough to have his hair to begin growing back. Good thing God has a good memory, He has more to remember.  :)  I keep asking if he wants me to shave it off so he can remain like me, but I get a very quick "NO".
While Adler takes pills every day now, he continues to show signs of strengthening. Between helping with basketball practice to hitting off the hit-away he continues to be active. Yes baseball season will begin in less than a month (practice at least) and Adler is really excited. We are excited for him. He is a little concerned about keeping up and making the throws and hitting it far, but he at least wants to try.
I mentioned the pills earlier, and I would tell you what they do, but I'm not sure. I know he is on prednisone one week a month, and we had the good old fashion prednisone rage last week. Adler was going to kick someones rear and he didn't care who. We sent him up to his room. I"m not sure what stuffed animal got caught at the wrong place at the wrong time, but it helped. Last night he took a chemo drug I do know that.
We look at Adler and see a boy who feels better and is more active. Although he can't do the things that he did a year a go, it sure is nice to see him try. We praise God for the continued improvement, and for the daily miracles he performs on Adler. God is so good. We ask that you take some time to praise God for the many blessings he pours out on you each day. We also ask that you continue to pray that the cancer is gone for good. Our little friend Micah continues to improve but slowly. Please continue to pray for our little brother, and for his family."
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hair...Long Beautiful Hair (Adler update)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Such Joy!! We're all proud of your family, thanks for letting us in on such a personal battle and victory.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Amen to Jed's comments. I've been moved to tears & I've been humbled beyond belief at the faith and trust this family has portrayed throughout this ordeal!

You all stand mighty tall in my eyes and heart!

May God's grace continue to follow Adler and bring him victoriously throught his challenge!

Regardless, in keeping with your family's tenor, "God's will be done" in Adler's life.

You have collectively witnessed in ways that many of us will never even begin to scratch the surface.

Thank you for the opportunity to see "faith in action" and to model what I so fall far from living out in my life--- and being my inspiration!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
All I can say is " Thank you"

First for sharing this journey with all of us.

For showing your unmoving faith in our lord above.

for your rock solid stance that all will be taken care of by the will of our lord..

Continued prayers for you and yours from here..

Thanks Again......Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 02:45:00 AM »
god bless you all

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
Lord please continue to strengthen these young ones.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 02:12:00 AM »
There is  a God after all God Bless you guys Adler grow that long beautiful hair God bless

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »
God Bless: Our prayers for Adler and his family.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©