INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers appreciated: Surgery Thurs AM 3/3-UPDATE 3/26  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Prayers appreciated: Surgery Thurs AM 3/3-UPDATE 3/26
« on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Been around 3 weeks. Pain has been very manageable without their dreaded gnarly narcotic drugs! Thank you, Lord!!!

still unable to do much and have to be so very careful to not twist, bend, lift---cause I don't think it would hurt pain-wise, but they say it'd do "damage." Now that's scary!

Thanks for all your prayrs and support! Anyone with stenosis or pressure from discs in their spine, don't hesitate to have this lamenectomy type surgery done.  Jury's still out on permanent fix to the constant low back pain and sciatic pain, but I'm being positively hopeful!

Doc

Been fighting Uncle Arty Ritis for a long time. He's winning! With all the shoulder rebuilds posted, brought back memories of one torn rotator repair from arthritis build up and one impingement surgery on other one couple years back.  Now...ain't enough that Arty Ritis fused my thoracic spine with bone spurs, it's now trying to narrow my lumbar spinal colum and pushing on nerves.

Going to get them to roto rooter out my one vertabrae and then clean up the gunk and sew me back together. In Thursday at 8:45, cut at 11:30 AM and out of the hospital by Friday AM.

Whenever I wake up, I'm gonna wiggle my toes! If that goes well, I figure they didn't mess up nothin!   :)  

Can't shoot for a month... maybe I'll have forgotten all my bad habits and can start clean by then?   :)  

Thanks for the prayers.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers appreciated: Surgery Thurs AM 3/3-UPDATE 3/26
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
Prayers sent for a quick and speedy recovery Dave.

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
Doc, Prayers from here..

Just do as they say after and you will do fine...

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »
Prayers to the father to guide the surgeons hand.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »
Definitely got my prayers doc
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
Prayers sent
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
I'm in too. I pray for you and Pop all the time anyway so I'll just add you another line for your back. Thanks for asking us to do this for you Doc.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
You got 'em Doc.  And I'm always so in need of strength, I've got a "hot line"!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
You are in my prayers Doc. Hang in there and listen to the doctors.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Best of luck, Dave. After you wiggle your toes, try goosing a nurse! If you live thought that, you're on your way! Will hold you and your doctors in prayer.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
Thanks, Guys!

Jed, I think I'm a bit too vulnerable in that post-operative condition to give that one much serious thought, but it sure made me smile!

Family doc gave me some good cough meds to get rest tonite and hopefully keep from coughin after.

Got into some nasty chemical stuff at work after they did some epoxy based floor covering on one room... tore up the allergies. Coughin my head off. Surgeon said long as no fever, I'm good to get cut!   :eek:  I made a plative call to ask for some heavy cough meds so's not to jar the stitches loose!

Between allergies and Arthritis, I'm plumb sick of malise with the letter "A".  :)

One more day and a wake up and it's all history!

Trusting in the Lord to see me through and get some life back with less pain and more activity!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 06:04:00 AM »
Dock, my prayers are going out for you and a full and healthy recovery.  I wish you the best brother.

Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »
Prayers sent for a successful surgery and a quick and full recovery.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
Praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery for you Doc. It is a good time to take care of it.
                  Good Shooting,
                            Craig

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
Thanks, Guys! I appreciate the encouragement and words of prayer.

Came home to 3 messages. One from the hospital insurance dept... telling me to bring money. I've met my deductible, but they wait to call my HOUSE till the day before I go in! Amazing.

Then "pre-admissions" calls. I had all that done a week ago! Tell me to call them...they're there till 3:30. I get home at 6pm, thank you.

Anyone that I've met thru this process has my 2 cell #'s and knows to use them...but these yahoos call my house!  :(  Amazing!

And this is health care... OMG...I wasn't worried before, but if the front office staffing is any indication of the clinical care...I'm toast!   :(

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Doc, best of luck and you know I'm always willing if not always able to help, but if you need some nursing you know I know a few  ;)
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
Praying that you can maintain your sanity when dealing with the non-support staff.
I had been told I was scheduled for a ct scan yesterday but I get a message asking why I hadn't gotten my blood work done that she had talked to me about a few days before. Only she had never called me nor had she gotten me the paperwork. Then I find out that ct scan is for today at 2 instead of yesterday. I call the ct scan people and find out I'm supposed to be there at 11:45 not at 2. I talk to my surgeons people again and they said they called my wife and she told them to fax the paperwork to the lab only thing is they never called my wife. The last time I went through this they made an appointment for me to meet with the surgeon but forgot to let me know that I had an appointment. SCARY. Praying you wake up feeling like a new man course that could mean you might feel like you've been squeezed through a long tube. ;^) Prayers sent bro
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline gak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Prayers sent up from Oklahoma for you Doc. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Hope the surgery went well today and this finds you home recuperating and well on the way to mending.

Let us all know how you're doing whenever you're up to it...

Remember don't push it and follow all th epost-op instructions and therapies!
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
Dave,
Hope you're doing well. Prayers sent for quick recovery. You're an inspiration in this forum!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©