INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Decision made and working(pg4)  (Read 7269 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Decision made and working(pg4)
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
I received a letter today with all kinds of questions about my activities over the last 5 years.  As some of you know, I have been placed on the dissabled list for a balance and eye/brain cornidation issue.  I had an MRI done a few weeks ago, and they called me and told me the results were back and they wanted to see me earlier.

These questions they are asking is mainly referring to what products I have been around, using, inhaling, or had long periods of exposure.

Well needless to say, most of the products, mostly all archery related have been in one way or another linked to these products.  Ie...carbon dust for cutting arrows.  Super glue for flteching, grinding wood arrows.  For the most part all questions are more related to inhalation, but others also to skin.

The results they found from my blood work found traces of chemicals in my system that can cause a lot of the problems that I am having by causing the cappilary vessels to shut down.  Now this is just from what I have been able to research so far.

But one of the highest levels of chemicals found was "Para-Dichlorobenzene probable carcinogen"  Well guess where this comes from other than moth balls, toilet bowl deoderizers???  Bird Feathers, or products that have been treated with pesticides.  Most of my feathers have been stored in moth balls!!!!!  Pesticides are in every wild animal that eats from nature by todays standards of farming.  I think I have a huge problem that is now reversable and never ending based on what I have read and how I had to answer these questions before seeing the doctors Friday.

Please say a prayer, it is very very much in need right now.

Thanks and God Bless

I wil update everyone on Friday.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Decision made and working(pg4)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
Praying for God's wisdom and best.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
Your always in my prayers Charlie and will continue to be!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 05:17:00 AM »
Prayers sent from Ga.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline ilarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Charlie,I will keep you in my prayers! Keep the faith! If there is something I can help with just let me know.

Brent
Brent Wolber
IBEP Instructor
I live for ARCHERY!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Charlie,

Products "treated with pesticides" reads a wee bit differently to my mind's eye than animals having ingested some pesticides in what they ate and then we ate them.

The link to what people who send feathers to you may have used to preserve them could be key.

Whatever it is, the fact that they've isolated some things, gives me great hope in the fact that they may be able to isolate and treat and counter the current effects.

Let's look on the positive side!

Pulling for great things. Heck, You might just end up bring a topin on "House, MD"  :)

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother. I got good feelings for your outcome for some reason!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
Prayers from here...
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
I have posted a better explanation of my issues on my Associate Sponsor Listing for those that want more details.  And again, thanks for the continued support and prayers.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 01:26:00 AM »
Prayers from California!
F Thomas

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:00 AM »
Matthew 15:30
Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
Prayers sent!

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Rehab start tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM.  Let's hope and pray I do not have to go on oxygen.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
Prayers for peace and strength as you start the therapy. Mine has gone well for the back, but without pain, how'd we know we were alive?   :knothead:  

Prayers that O2 is not on the menu and that you will find new strength!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
Continued prayers from California.
F Thomas

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
prayer for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
Rehab was to say the least a real struggle today, and the nurse, who by the way is just wonderful. I have see her before, she knows all my history, and she told me today that after we had done some of the exercises, that this would not work for my condition as it is. She is making me an appointment back with my original ENT, and sending an email to him to see if I qualify for "shots". She said there were two different ones that can be done, and with one of them it destroys the vestibular function of that side, and it has to be retrained completely, with her approval of a very high success rate. The other shots are prolong over a long period of time and only have a short term affect. If I have to go the first route, things will get a LOT WORSE for a while, but can be rehabed. The short term one offers but little short term help, and has to be repeated over and over.

So, if that's the case, I guess I have a decision to make. Do I allow someone to completely destroy my balance system and hope they can rebuild me or just sit and suffer and live life doing absolutely nothing and wither away. I hate days like this.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Wow that's a tough decision to make. Prayers for God's wisdom and comfort.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
Time to stand tall on your knees before Christ, Charlie.

Nobody but you and God can make that call.  

I will pray for your discernment, insight and ability to hear His still small voice on this one!

Of course, the ENT has to agree that is the right course of 2 options at all...

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Cookus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
God will give you the answer Charlie.   Let your trust in God be strong and never waiver.   Read Psalm 25... It will comfort you in this time of tribulation brother.   Our prayers through Christ never fall on deaf ears!   :thumbsup:    Happy Easter and may God bless and heal you my friend!   Hallelujah our savior is risen!
West Virginia Bowhunters Association
PBS Associate Member

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Got the appointment on Thursday morning at 9:40 to discuss the options or lack there of.  Soon, I hope some sort of answer can be found. I know things are in his hands, as I put them there long long ago, so we will make the best of it for sure.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©