INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Decision made and working(pg4)  (Read 7271 times)

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Decision made and working(pg4)
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
Prayers from Texas.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »
Charlie,

Missed the update with some issues w/ Dad last evening, but my prayers continue with you today. I surmise this is the day they kill off the part you spoke of before and then retrain.

That has to be scary, but you've walked in Faith this far, no need or sense in trying to take back for worry's sake what you gave to God.

Prayers for full healing thru your faith and His will for you to be realized!

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Well it's done.  Sitting here with a lot on my mind and feeling really helpless right now.  They did the shot to kill my left side vestibular function completely.  Now, if it can, my right side will have to rehab my balance system, if it can, to adjust to the dizzyness, and balance.  Per doctor, can take weeks, months, and depending on my reaction within the next 3-4 days, to tell if it is working, will decide if I have to have more injections.  What to expect?  Severe dizziness, nashau, imbalance, jumping eye movement and total loss of my balance system for the next few days to weeks.  So here I sit, and wait to get worse, which is gaurenteed, and then hopefully things will gradually get better.  When?  Don't know?  Will it?  Don't know.  I was put on valium for the pain and to knock me out basically for the next 7-8 days, so I will be in and out of it, so please bear with me on communications.  And if you would, please keep me in your prayers.  I will surely need them now more than ever.

Thanks and God Bless

Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Pulling for you, Charlie. Praying for the best possible outcome. Stay Strong!!
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Man we are praying for God's strength and healing
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
Charlie,

You know my heart for you, brother! I have felt your frustration and I stand in awe of the grace and strength you have demonstrated thru your illness!

Prayers continue that during this time of adjustment, and inactivity, God grant your mind peace and quiet to rest, wait on His hand and live in faith of that which we cannot know, trusting in Him to hold you up and provide His perfect will.

Lord in your Mercy... hear our prayers
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
Thanks again everyone.  I have to admitt, this is tuff going.  Today I feel like something is missing in my life, and don't know what.  I have been struggleing this moring to focus but finding it harder and harder.  Not taking any of the meds like he ask, I am not sure if it is that, or the shot working.  But if this is the beginning of what is to come, I sure hope it goes by fast. I have been on bended knees a lot lately, and I know he has a plan.  I just have to wait it out and see what it is, but regardless, I will learn to deal with it one way or the other.

Having support of my archery family means more to me than anyone can ever know.  It has been my life, my passion, and my enjoyment for so many years, I care not to count.  So I just have to find what it is I can do and do it.  Enough said.

Thanks and God Bless
Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Amen. Charlie here is a link to an audio recording of healing scriptures that has helped me a lot. The bible says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Praying for God's best for you and family through this.   Healing scriptures
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by stringstretcher:
  I just have to wait it out and see what it is, but regardless, I will learn to deal with it one way or the other.

Charlie
Tears roll down my face, imaginging the isolation and fear that has to washing over you in this time of change and unknown, Charlie.

You are never alone.  I find small but powerful encouragement in your quoted words above, and yes, you will, you WILL learn to cope with whatever God offers up because your Faith is strong and your Love of Christ has carried you this far!

Prayers continue for you to mend gracefully and find a positive outcome thru this time of change and unknown.

Keep steady and Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Thanks Doc.  It is people like you and the others here that keep me in a positive mood. As they say "all good things must come to an end"?  I live by " all bad things can only get better"?

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
“By faith, Noah built a ship in the middle of dry land. He was warned about something he couldn’t see, and acted on what he was told …. As a result, Noah became intimate with God.” Hebrews 11:7 (MSG)

Imagine this scene: One day God comes to Noah and says, “I’m disappointed in human beings. In the entire world, no one but you thinks about me. But Noah, when I look at you, I start smiling. I’m pleased with your life, so I’m going to flood the world and start over with you and your family. I want you to build a giant ship that will save you and the animals.”

There were three problems that could have caused Noah to doubt:

1) Noah had never seen rain because, prior to the flood, God irrigated the earth from the ground up;

2) Noah lived hundreds of miles from the nearest ocean;

3) There was the problem of rounding up all the animals and then caring for them.

But Noah trusted God completely, and that made God smile.

Trusting God completely means having faith that God knows what is best for your life. You expect him to keep his promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary.

Trusting is an act of worship. Just as parents are pleased when children trust them, your faith makes God happy. The Bible says, “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6 NIV).

Best I can tell, Charlie, you got this one nailed!

:wavey:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
Well for sure the time spent on bended knees are showing that he does listen and work wonders.

The doctors said that in 2-3 days, it would hit me if the shot was going to do it's job. I had the shot Wednesday morning,and Friday, nothing until about 7 pm.  All evening I had the feeling like something was crawling in my ear, itching, and scracthing at it, but it would not go away.  At 7 Pm, I just felt poor enought to just go to bed.  At 11:20 I was awakend by a feeling that was not usual and I tried to get up and it was all I could do to stand.  I could not sleep, so I managed to run out to the end of the road and get a cup of decafe coffee, and then spent time on the computer until about 1:30, after taking a valium.  I got back up at 4:15 and let me tell you.  For anyone that has vertigo, I feel so sorry for you. Every step I made, every movement of my head the whole world would spin.  I had to lay down at least 5 times between getting up at 4 and 12 noon.  So I took another valium, and that helped me(made me not care actually) and I made it until about 4 and it broke loose again, this time feeling really sick at my stomach(like they said I would).  But I was ask to try and not take any mecklizine, so the shot would do its thing.

Let me say this.  That was the worst day for imbalance I have had in the entire 2 years of this delima.  It was bad, and I mean bad.

I got to bed last night, after my 3rd valium(can only take 4 a day) and I did not move I don't think until 4:30 this moring.

Today has been the same without the sick feeling, but the imbalance is still there.  So I know for a fact the shot is working, and now it is just what time it takes for my right side to read all the signs and make adjustments.  Per the Dr., it can take days, weeks, months, but it will go away.

So agian last night, I thanked him for another one of his blessings and ask that he contiune his healing. Only time will tell.

Thanks again everyon and God Bless
Charlie
Stringstretcher(soon to be feather grinder again I hope)

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
Prayers up for you, Charlie.
May God hold you in His sheltering hands.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »
That's some Great/Bad news! Sorta!

Sounds like you realize/accept you've got to go thru all this yuk time to have the shot work so that things can start to rebuild on right side what's gone on the left side.

Prayers continue, Brother.  Just about the time you start feeling right, there will be the TGMM crowd with Tatoo artists and branding irons!

What have we done?   :eek:    :help:  

That's it...keep smiling Charlie. Be careful during this dizzy time. No casts!!!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
NO TATOO OR BRANDING IRONS  :scared:

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
Charlie,

Sent you a note. Praying that things are progressing in a positive direction, even if that means that for the short term, it's a bit more challenging.

Keep the Son in yoru eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 05:41:00 AM »
Thanks Doc. Some things are getting better, such has the eye jumping has all but gone away.!!!!!!!!.  But the imbalance is still quite an issue when walking and especially driving with haveing to move my head so much in many directions.  I have driven twice since last Wednesday, for about an hour each way, and paid dearly for it for about 6 hours or so, with the help of valium and the bed.  So it is going to take a lot of time to be mended completely.  But I will take what I can get at this point.  So yes I am progressing, and refuse to push the issue to try and speed it up.  I will let my body adjust no matter how long it takes.

Thanks and God Bless
Charlie

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
Wow, hang in there, Charles and may the good Lord watch over you, and give you the strength to keep on dealing with it all.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
Charlie,

You're in good company with me and Bernie...we're both a half-bubble off level too, so now that you are wobbly, you fit in with us like 3 clappers in a bell!  :)

Seriously, just saw my back surgeon for my 3 mos follow up and heard much what you wrote: "You're doing very, very well for the time it's been, but you will continue to see progress from here on out for up to a year"

We might see the sand running out too fast in the hour glass for our liking, but we can't hurry the Body's healing. Only God can do that.

Prayers for His will to grant you expedient healing and the wisdom to know your limits and heed them.

Keep the Son in your eyes, bro!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
I am sure all of us are guilty for the most part of always asking for God's help when we are down and think we need it.  It has been a while for me, but on bent knees this past week, I gave thanks, not asking.  From where I was a 2 years ago and especially this past year with all the dealing with this and that, I am beginning to feel usefull again and someone whole.  I know I have a long journey, but it sure feels good to be able to look down that road and say, "Now I can make it".  I have been blessed so much in the last few weeks it is over bearing at times, and definately over whelming.  But for sure, I am beginning to see the results, and good ones.

I know I have unfinshed business with some on here, but have faith in me please, as all will come to pass.

Thanks again everyone and God Bless
Charlie

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©