INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Decision made and working(pg4)  (Read 7273 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Decision made and working(pg4)
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Glad to see the positive in your note, Charlie!

Take time to take time! Chores and debts of feathers will wait.

heal thyself with His Help and your patience and then we'll all dance together in the rain one day!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
I am sure as most of you have seen, I have not been real active lately.  Up until last weekend, things were showing a considerable improvement.  Since Monday, I have had to go on the meds just to stand and function.  I go back this Wed., and as of right now, I can say the first shot was definately not the cure all.  Not sure what or when, but I am certain it is going to have to happen again.  I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks and God Bless
Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
Sorry it was the one-shot deal, but seems like you're on a path to progress, brother Charlie!

Keep the Faith and we'll keep praying for you!

Keep theSon in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
Prayers for continued healing
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Prayers for strength and healing.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Had my appointment this morning, and the Dr is very please with the progress and what the shot is doing.  At this point, I will not need another shot unless the dizzy attacks come back and I go back to see him in 3 months.  I had a few setbacks this past week, and the stress was to blame more so than the shot.  So as of now, it is just let my body take over and rehab itself.  Again, I thank everyone for their concerns and prayers.

Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
YEAH!!!!

Great to read that bit of news, Charlie!

Ain't God sumpin?  :)  Thank you, Lord!

Sounds like you've got a full time job to control the inner stress and alleviate the uglies that come of it.

I'm still so glad to read that the docs are pleased!

Keep the shiny side up, brother! Prayers continue!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JimL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Prayers up bro.
...by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.   Col  1:20

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
I'm lifting you up my friend. I have followed your post and have had you on my list for some time now. I just wanted to step out and say thanks for sharing this with us and thanks for allowing us to partner with you in prayer for what seems like a mountain but is just bump in the road. Lord you know what he needs and you have a plan for this brother while he is traveling down this path. While I pray for him I also pray for those who are walking this path with him. Give them strength and endurance to see this thing thru and that you help to preserve their faith in you and your healing. Thanks for hearing our prayers and for forgiving us when we don't show our trust or faith in you. Father I ask all these things in your name and in the power of your might, Amen.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Been a while since I updated everyone, so here is what is going on. The first injection did show signs of improvement in certain areas, but not in the most important ones.  But we let it go to see if it would be a long tern rehab rather than go through the procedure again. On July 4th, sitting by a pool watching my grandson and other kids playing in the pool, I got so sick I could not stand up and walk and stayed that way for two days.  Day before yesterday, I changed the oil in my four wheeler, and rode it around the yard for about 10 minutes, and could not stand up yesterday and having problems doing so today.  I made the call yesterday, and if they can not get me in before, I go for another injection on Aug 10.  Round two.  Thanks again everyone.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
Prayer sent for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
I'm still grateful there is something that can give you hope, Charlie!

Might not be the silver bullet we all hoped and prayed for, but... I am pulling hard and praying hard this 2nd will show marked improvement nad if more are needed, that God give you strength, confidence, discernment and patience.

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
Praying for you this AM am and saw in my mind God angry with seeing you being put through this and coming to your defence ready to kick some butt and some butt being kicked. God's best!

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
Well it ant many days till your next shot. I will be praying that it brings the results you are wanting.......Dusty
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.  The last couple of weeks have been to say the least, bad.  I am looking forward to this shot, because I know it in no way can make things worst, so let's do it and get on with life.  I only hope that this one does as much good as the first one did, but for a lot longer period of time.  As they have said, it may take several injections, but with each one, if things improve, shoot till you drop...

Thanks again everyone for your prayers and thoughts and concerns.  You have no idea how much this has helped me get through these tough times.   :notworthy:    :pray:

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Charlie,

We can't live out the drama for you, but we can stand beside and behind you through it all!!!

Lean on the Lord as you have all along. His Will be done!

I don't know if I could be as positive as you have facing such unknowns, but in many ways, everyday is an unknow whether there will be yet another sunrise.

Keep the Son in your eyes and prayers for a long-term success this shot...or the next. Keep firing till your quiver is empty and then you can shoot some of mine!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2011, 05:04:00 AM »
Well it's off for another injection today.  I hope this one does more and last longer than the first one.  With each one things are supposed to improve, and it has somewhat, but now it is back with a vengence.  So going for another load of juice in my ear at 10:50 this morning.  Wish me luck.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
I will pray for you to see a big improvement. God bless you and yours.......Dusty
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
This one did not go near as well as the first one.  It takes a lot of pain to bring tears  to my eyes, but this one did, and it's all I can do to stand up.  Going to bed.  Talk to you guys in a few later or in a few days.

Charlie

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
Sorry for the pain... Don't let that challenge upset your apple cart. The shot isn't the issue, the results ARE!

But please, don't be a knothead and CALL THE DOC and be sure he knows... sometimes, things they forget to tell us to TELL THEM can be critical!

Once you know they know...then you can "cowboy up!"

Prayers continue for release from pain and a better outcome!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©