INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: I am embarrassed about asking. (Update)  (Read 2502 times)

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I am embarrassed about asking. (Update)
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Folks, I am embarrssed to even put this up but I am grasping at straws now. I am in the worst spot that I have ever been emotionally. I have lost any and all passion for life.
I used to enjoy everyday, it is a struggle for me just to get out of bed. I am not even going to work, I do not want to be around anyone and this is just not how I am.
My wife is concerned and finally I did talk to her a bit last night and both agreed I need to go talk to a Doctor. My goal for today was to just get up and go to the woods where I hunt, these woods mean a lot to me as they are my Grandparents old farm, and I still have hunting rights. As a kid I would spend hours in them and they are such a relaxing place for me to be. I really hoped it would help. But got up this a.m. and could not get around to go, and that just adds to the depression. Want to call my hunting partner to take me there or go with me but am so ashamed of how I feel I can't.
I know there are so many folks whose problems are so much worse, so forgive me for putting this up, but I feel I just need some help and I hate asking for it. Thanks for listening.
TGMM

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I am embarrassed about asking. (Update)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »
Why are you embarrassed? Do you expect yourself to be perfect? That kind of thinking KILLS your motivation and passion in life because nothing is ever good enough so no mater what you do you get no satisfaction from it. It's called stinking thinking and it's your enemy. It wants to kill you. It wants to steal your life away from you. Get to your Dr get some good medication to bring the physical out of the dumps then start telling yourself positive things. Get off your a$$ and do something even if it's wrong but do something because you don't get any passion laying around. Praying that God give you His fire in your gut and gives you the love for yourself and family to grab life with a full grip and let it fly!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
I will be praying for you.  There is help and there is hope.  Don't give into it.  It is an illness just like a cold or anything else.  It will take you some time, but focus on God and His promises:  I will not leave or foresake you.

Most of all, just putting what you did in writing on this forum is a sign that you are moving in the right direction.

Prayers from California.
F Thomas

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
You have taken the first snd very important step of reaching out. That alone takes courage and realistic self evaluation. Now stay strong enough, for yourself and those you love, to address the challenge in a forthright way. As said above, no one is perfect, no life is without issues. The measure of a person is how one approaches problems and I am sure you will do fine. PM me for a phone number if you need someone to holler at.
Thank you for your confidence in the Trad community.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »
The best advice I can give is to engulf yourself in God's word. Pray and ask for strength to get over this. Stay close with your family and friends! They love you more than you know. Don't be embarrassed about it, like said above, nobody is perfect and this isn't abnormal. They will help you through this, but most of all trust in Jesus. He will never let you down.

Prayers from Kansas
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
I have struggled with this myself. I will pray for you.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
Not to say it's NOT depression, but even some mild changes in blood chemestry or a depleted element in our blood can make us totally bottom out!

I once had a temporary depletion of potassium in my body...I was so low, I had to reach UP to tie my boot laces!

Get to that doctor, start with a family doc if that is what it takes and get a full blood work up.

You didn't say how long this has been coming on or if it is a recent manifistation, but regardless, as stated above, there is a FIX.

Starts with you as Benson said getting off yer kiester and just do it without passion. Like the Nike Commercial of years bygone: Just Do it!

Get to the Doc..start the process and keep one foot in front of the other ...and...

The Son in your eyes!

Prayers up!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
Doug g and others if I came across as condemning please accept my apology. Where I am coming from is what you are dealing with is serious business and your life could be in jeopardy. What would happen if you were hunting and a big buck walked around the woods with your attitude??? Antlers on the wall! So don't let satan put your antlers on his wall.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »
No shame in seeking help when you need it.  Most of us need it far more often than we ask and therein lies the shame, for it comes from stubbornness and pride.  Believe me brother, I own the T-shirt concession on those!  Prayers sent from NC.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline blktail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
Praying for you Doug

Online ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Prayers for you brother .. thank you for reaching out for help ... ask God as well .. he loves you and will help too.

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
Benson,

I & others know your heart too well to see you ever being condeming or critical. Honest?! Direct!

There are times to dance and times to pay the fiddler.

I'm thinking Doug will understand the urgency in your note as concern and caring!  Lord did!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »
Thank you all,  Galen (BenBow) and I have chatted and I hope everyone understands he said nothing wrong. I apprceciate everyones thoughts and am trying to work through this. His message was clear and direct.
TGMM

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
Doug, my prayers and thoughts go out to you.  Knowing extremely well what you are dealing with first hand, sometimes, no all the time, you need to seek some other help via medication or theraphy.  Not saying this in a critical way, but as Dock Nock said, a lot of this can be caused by a sever imbalance in blood issues.  It's not just your brain telling you you are depressed.  Please go and see a doctor.  Believe it or not, sometimes they can work wonders, never a miracle, that is God's work.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline petertschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
Doug we haven't met yet, but I will praying for you as well!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

God Bless

Pete
TwoTracks Ambush 49#@28"

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Doug been there..

Listen to all said above get up and go to the Docs.. Have your wife read all of these and then let her call the Doc and your friend...

Get to the woods, do what ever it takes to whip this.

We are all here to lisen and let you yell scream rant rave what ever it takes ..

JUST DO IT..

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Doug,

I takes a lot to come on here and say the things you've said...trust me I know as I've done it myself.

If you have time read this as it was and still is a issue with me:
  Sleep  

I got your PM and I'm going to answer that also.

I wish you the best.  Be careful of anti-depressants...I will never go back on them.  That said they do work for a lot of people!

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I am humbled by your responses. I realize many go through this type of a thing and I am appreciative of all everyones support.

Tomorrow I go to the Dr. I have list of things that are going on with mentally and physically. For years I had been on anti-depressants but had been asking the Dr. to get me off some of my meds. I have a bad case of ressless leg syndrome which can be brought on by the anti-depressant, so we agreed to ween me off the anti-depressant.

That seemed to go well, but now after a couple of months my world has just crashed. I know some of my problems relate to the death of my Dad. I miss him daily, now I have issues with my Ma and I feel terrible about that, I guess I am mad at her because she is still here and my Dad isn't, and I know that is so wrong.

There is a hatred issue with one of my brothers, and disrespect for another brother who is living off my mother, because he is to lazy to work.

Both of our kids live in Arizona and I miss them so much, and to top I off my Daughter and I had a falling out so she won't speak to me.

One minute I feel ok and the next I find myself crying. I am just a mess and I can't believe that I am sharing all of this with you all. You are all a great group of people and I thank you all for your support.
TGMM

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Doug, I'm glad you called and remember, I'm always here for you. You are more than just a good friend, you are my brother.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
Doug the loss of your father is difficult and the anger is a normal part of the grieving process. Prayers sent for healing for you and your family. This most likely not going to get settled quickly and many members may not ever want to but you do whats best you and your family.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©