INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Please Pray for Us and two of our Grandchildren  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Please Pray for Us and two of our Grandchildren
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
If you would please pray for both my wife and I, as well as two of our Grandchildren it would be very much appreciated. Without going into detail about the "family issues" that have been concerning us for several years now, please let it suffice to say that these two were picked up from school today by our daughter (their mother) and due to the fact that my wife and I refused to tell a blatant lie for her........she has told us that she is moving out of state with them and that we will never see them again. This isn't a request to support "our selfishness" but one that is for the decisions that are going to have to be made concerning our Grandchildren and that it will TRULY be in THEIR best interest.

Since they were born, their parents have had an "on/off" again relationship and for the most part my wife and I have raised them. It feels like someone reached inside my chest and pulled my still beating heart out and stomped on it. Our daughter is ill and isn't in the right frame of mind and could use your prayers also. My ONLY concern is that that the Lord watch over them and protect them and keep them safe and secure. Our home has been the only sense of security that they have had since arriving in this world and we have their Father on our side. Neither of them have been in the position to take care of them and do the things that are best for them, so we have had them with us.

I am sitting here at work with a broken heart and feel as helpless in this situation as a person could ever feel. I have been praying for guidance in the right thing to do and would really appreciate it if you could say a prayer for these two children as well as giving us the guidance to do what is right in the Lords eyes.

Thank-You...........in advance

:pray:    :pray:    :pray:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please Pray for Us and two of our Grandchildren
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 03:13:00 AM »
AS a grandfather I can truly empathise with what you are going through.  My prayers are with you and the children.  Who has custody?  Your daughter may not be in the right state of mind or position to be the best guardian of the kids.  I would consult an attorney.  In most places a parent, divorced or not, can not take the children out of state and vioalte visitation rights of the other parent.

May God Bless you and give you peace.  Your decisions as to what is best for the children may cause issues between you and your daughter, but I believe that God will honor your heart felt concerns.  Your daughter may find that she can just do as she wishes from a legal perspective.

I'm not an attoreny, but pray for my grandson daily because of my daughters marital problems and a very absent father.

God Bless!  I share your heart on this and fully  understand.
F Thomas

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
God bless you for looking out for the well-being of your grandchildren.  My son is a career soldier and my wife and I took custody of our grandson when his mother abandoned him while my son was on the second of his three tours in Iraq.  We know what a challenge it can be.  May you receive peace of mind from the Holy Spirit and the wisdom to do the right thing.  Prayers from NC.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Prayers sent to your entire family for a solution and to save a lost soul.  May the Lord God protect these children, keep them from harms way, and close to Grandma and Grandpa.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
Al rather nailed this one!

Prayers for all concerned. Why is it that children still become "canon fodder" in such issues within our courts?

It's not that difficult to assess competency and in todays PC world, fathers (or grandparents) are just as good as a mother to raise a child!

These archaic laws and attitudes are innane!

Prayers for peace for you and protection for them. Don't run yourself aground as you may yet need your strength and will in times to come for these kids!

Lord in your mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
Prayers for concerned.

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
Prayers sent.
TGMM

Offline petertschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
prayers on the way. We have gone through the same thing with two of ours, I understand your pain.

God Bless,

Pete
TwoTracks Ambush 49#@28"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
Praying for God's power in this. With grandkids in a similar situation I feel deeply for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
You all have our prayers!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 12:25:00 AM »
God........PLEASE bless and watch over our Grandbabies. She just showed up "without" the kids and wanted all of their clothes. I told her that she wasn't coming in the house and she said that she was going to call the cops, and I told her to send them right on over.

When they got here, I let them in while my wife and I put most of their clothes in boxes. She sat out in the car with one of her "chronies" and when I took the boxes outside she threw one heckuva fit right in front of the police. The one told her that she ought to consider herself "lucky" to be getting anything at this hour or at all. She got loud and he told her that she had better quiet down or she could spend the night in jail. They left.........and I guess tomorrow morning two of the most wonderful grandchildren that a person could ever have will be taken out of our lives. According to "her" forever. God help us..........and guide our choices.

PLEASE continue to pray for us and those two children. My heart feels like it can't take any more.......but I must trust in God, as this is obviously in his plan.

:pray:      :pray:      :pray:      :pray:      :pray:      :pray:  

Winterhawk1960

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Don,
My heart breaks for you. You might want to keep up with that officer's name and contact number.  Episodes like that may someday help in front of a custody judge.  I pray it doesn't come to that and I pray your daughter comes to her senses, but I have no sympathy for people who use children as bargaining chips.  Thankfully with us it didn't come to that.  My son was concerned foremost with the safety of the child and finally came around to the realization that the military is not the best place for a child to be raised by a single dad.  The sad part was the woman was pregnant when they met, he just wanted to give the child a name, a father and a loving home. He finally realized he provided that by signing over custody to us.  He's stays involved and things are working out fine.  Luckily he didn't marry the girl, but she nearly ruined his life and finances. We found out helping him do damage control that she had a previous son that was taken by social services and had already moved on to another military base and gotten pregnant again.  Continued prayers from NC!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
Continued prayers from California.  I know your heart is breaking.  God please bless and protect these children.
F Thomas

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
prayers sent from NC....
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Prayers from here...
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
Sent you a PM
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 03:30:00 AM »
PLEASE keep praying for these children, and that the good Lord holds them close to his side and protects them while they are away from us. Also, we need guidance in the decisions that we are going to have to make in the near future.

"Thy will be done"

:pray:    :pray:    :pray:  

Winterhawk1960

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
Don,
Thanks for chatting. You sound like someone who takes time to be careful and thoughtful.

Be filled with his presence as you seek discernment and then action.

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Prayers for all involved. I won't pretend to know the depths of your anguish and hurt but I hope the innocents here are spared any more pain and restored to the most stable setting possible.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
God has a plan that will prevail in the end and will be the best plan.
Matthew 18:6
     “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©