INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Starting Round 2 chemo (Update 8/3)  (Read 2736 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Starting Round 2 chemo (Update 8/3)
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
Sitting here in the hospital waiting for the start of the 2nd round of chemo. Praying it goes as well as the first round. Dr said my body is reacting to the chemo like it was 25 years old not 62. I'm happy, thanks for the prayers!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline charlie phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Starting Round 2 chemo (Update 8/3)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
GOOD LUCK.Hope you do well.

TXCP

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
:pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
prayers sent for you, and try to keep that attitude.......  :thumbsup:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
Well take turns holding the ball if you kick straight!  :)

Hang in there Galen! You, your wife and the Lord will whup Pickles good!

Got your back in prayer, bud!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Prayers for healing and strength!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
Prayers sent for you buddie.  Hang in there and get better than ever.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
Well it took awhile to get started as the Dr didn't get the order in until after 5pm. It took a while but they got the first dose of the chemo in me and so far so good. This is a 2 part chemo and it gets prefaced with 3 protective chemicals. By the time the last batch was in it was sometime early this morning. So I'm waiting to see if I'll start feeling bad but right now it's not too bad.
As always thanks for the prayers.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
prayers for healing..mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Galen.

Right behind ya with prayers you tolerate the process well and no bad juju hits you later.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
I started a carepage so I can give updates easier. You do have to register to view it so I'll try to keep any big changes updated here as well
   My Carepage  
BTW I'm am feeling great right now just a bit tired but didn't get much sleep last night and too much coffee this morning to nap.
Thanks for the prayers! They are powerful.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Praying for you Galen.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Doing great thank God. I had a bit of nausea and flu like symptoms yesterday afternoon but once I got some tylonol and the anti-nausea meds I felt pretty good. Didn't get much sleep because of all the fluid they pumped in me last night had me up every 15 min. I've been taking walks every day and even got them to completely disconnect me from my pump pole so I could hike the stairs one day. I can feel the weaking effects of the chemo but nothing bad. Supposed to be getting out late this afternoon. Can't thank everyone enough for the prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
I have been fortunate to grasp some of the healing power provided by Jesus' beating and whipping. "By His stripes we are healed" this is where the fight with my rational mind and the beliefs based on experiences has to be won in favour of God's word. Olympic athletes have found the secret of not believing in their prior experience but believing in the truth. We need to do likewise.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
So glad to hear your positive attitude Ben.  I know you will come through this better than you ever were.  God does work wonders for sure.  I am living proof.

God Bless
Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
Galen,

As you knew, was away for a couple days and "detatached".

Glad to hear that you're claiming His power. You have long been an inspiration to me!

Do keep in touch and you know you are in daily prayers here and in many's hearts!

Keep the Son in your eyes, bro!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
:pray:  

Brother .. prayers for you

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
Dr. said he was worried that I may not have gotten the right chemo because I shouldn't be doing so well. PRAISE GOD Thanks for the prayers!
The Dr's nurse said I was doing well as people on this chemo come back looking like they went to hell and back. Thank God Jesus already went to hell and back for me. I guraentee I don't deserve it.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by BenBow:
 I guraentee I don't deserve it.
And that is the most amazing part of salvation and the hardest for me personally to grasp and accept... requiring dying to self daily, sometimes every hour!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for Galen's progress and all the other miraculous healings and interventions you've shown us right here in this tiny corner of your amazing world.  

Thank you for what we cannot earn, justify or deserve...your love and salvation. amen.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©