INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Payback prayers to Doc Nock  (Read 1398 times)

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
Payback prayers to Doc Nock
« on: July 10, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
A couple weeks ago my new employer (Thank you, Lord!)sent me to Lancaster, Pa and I had the pleasure to grab a bite one evening with TG's own Doc Nock.  For those of you who frequent this forum, you proabably know Dave as the "Commander in Chief" of the many dedicated prayer warriors on this site.  I had the chance to let him know that his tireless words of spiritual encouragement reach far more eyes than just those of the posters he responds to.  Most of you are probably also aware that Dave's dad is slowly convalescing, so remember them both.  If you're like me, then you've got a lot of catching up to do your on payback prayers.  I can only imagine the heartache of watching a beloved parent slowly lose their physical, mental and emotional capabilities.  I lost both parents by the time I was seventeen. Hurt and rebellion took me down quite a few paths I had no businees being on. Thankfully, God had the love and grace to yank my "choke chain" whenever I didn't have the good sense to change direction on my own.  As somebody on this site put it, I don't know if Doc could "hit the side of a barn from inside with the doors closed" with his bow, but I do know that God makes sure Dave's words usually carry "multiple warheads" and they're quite accurate.  I truly believe the ministry of encouragement is divinely inspired, so buddy, this prayer's for you!
Your brother in Christ,
Richard

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."  2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Payback prayers to Doc Nock
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Thank you GOD for putting Doc in our paths, for making him knowlagable and elequent when it comes to scripture and all the lives he touches through his diligent prayers and service to you. Amen. Doc you are an insperation, I dont speak as well as you and some of the others on this site so I dont post alot but I hope you all know I do pray every day for the folks on this site that are having a tough time, including you and your dad Doc.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Amen
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
whoa...they don't have an emoti-con for the emotions flowing over me right now.

Richard, thank you.  You humble me and every bone in my body wants to scream out, "NO! You're wrong! I'm nothing but a sinful mess!"

And yet as I read in a Daily Devotional not long ago, that would be to focus on my own ego and not the power of God's ability to work through the worst of us for Good!

If there is but one word typed that is of value or help to anyone, then be it known it TRULY IS a "divine inspriation".

Lord knows, as should we all, that words can heal or hurt.   There are many past words and deeds from my own lips and keyboard that have hurt others deeply as I lashed out or thrashed about in my own created misery.

May it be that the Lord use me in whatever way He can to minister to anyone...as testament to the reality that God can use even the lowest of "rusty, buckets" like me, then He can/will use anyone.

Thanks, too, Richard, for your sentements regarding my Dad. "Tite" is on that slippy slope to the end and hasn't yet accepted or made peace with it. Prayers for Titus are always appreciated and for the nursing home care-givers so unappreciated by many including their employers.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement, Richard, Mark and Galen.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
Hang in there, Doc, and may all happen in the best for your Dad's remaining time with us.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
Prayers continue for your Dad and you. And yes DOC you are MY ROCK.

Brother Dave.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
A big AMEN and hats off to DOC... He has been there for support and Prayers for everyone in need !! Including myself !!
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Doc Nock is the real deal for sure.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »
Doc is truly an inspiration to us all.  God has Blessed me with a friendship that I cherish very much and look forward to watching it grow. Thank you for being you David!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
Amen!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
As I said before, I can't wait to get on here and read what Doc has posted. It is always right on target and something you can bit into and hang on. God continues to used you my friend to encourage others in all kind of different problems and needs. Sometimes that is all we need from others and you my FRIEND and BROTHER are first class in my book. God works thru you and your words to heal others. Thanks for the time and compassion you show us here on this site. Lord bless my brother and his Dad today and every day thill you are finished with them. God I thank you for them both. Thank you for hearing my prayers this day for it is in your HOLY name I pray...Amen. "Doc" nothing else needs to be said here on this site.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 01:08:00 AM »
Doc has certainly helped comfort me through Garrett's 3 surgeries!  His words do hit home and must be coming from God because someone as ugly as Doc can't be as wise as he appears in his posts! LOL!  

But have to say just seeing the posts from all of you that you are praying helps a ton!  So I would ask all of you to always respond when you pray for someone on here, even if you only say "praying"!  Because it does make a difference to know about all the good folks out there who do care and are praying on your behalf!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »
Wise is the man who seeks the Lord, and Doc is one of them.  You've helped point us all to the Lord, by your ministering words to others - consistent with the Word, grounded with wisdom not for self, but for others. Thanks Doc for helping us all and pointing us to Him and His Son.
CoilSpring

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©