INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Asking for a personal prayer, please  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Asking for a personal prayer, please
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
AS some who follow along know, I had some back surgery in early March to remove arthritis deposits pressing on my spinal chord.

That seemed to go well --recovery was a challenge living alone..but I followed the rules closely!

Started therapy and did very well... One exercise gave me fits but I was told to "push thru". 4th of July it blew up...bursitis and tendonitis from that exercise...all in the left hip bursa sack.

Never had THAT before!  :)

Laid off for a few weeks, then gave in and got a cortisone shot in that area...laid off activity a few more weeks and yesterday, at work, I "stepped" wrong I guess and it felt like I was shot! Same place.

Sorta scary. So good for so long and now all these complications.  

Things go so well and then after they messed with nerves in L3, L4, L5 and S1 bi-laterally, all this sets in 3 mos later and is a bit spooky!  :(

Lord forgive my fears, but I could use some prayers from my friends here... feel a bit beaten down by "stuff" and then this!

Thanks folks!  :)  Working on my own advice to:

Keep the Son in my eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asking for a personal prayer, please
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
You got prayers on the way from Ky. As many as you send up for us I imagine we will have you prayed back to health in no time!

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
God bless you Doc, prayers sent.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
Well Doc I will surley keep you in my prayers even more so. I thank you remembering to allow us to lift you in prayers to the seat of our Father who "Will never leave us nor forsake us".
1 Peter 5:6-8.

Father take this pain away even as I and sending this note. Lord you know Doc"s heart and you know the need he has right now with his hip right now. Father you know all the needs we all have this day. Father we need Doc here to lean on and to prop us nd point us in the right direction at time. Father show forth your strength and power in his life and give him healing even now. I love you Father and ask this according to your will.......Amen.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Amen. Praying for God to be so close and so strong for you that as your head is bowed down in sorrow you feel it resting on His chest. Praying for the healing purchased by Jesus to be alive and strong for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
You will be in my prayers Doc!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
Thank you all!!

I just got back from the phys. Therapist. He's a HS buddy of mine who owns this practice.

He gave me a real thorough going over poking and proding and makin me yelp.  :)

His prognosis isn't a "medical" one, but I'll take it: He feels that this isn't the bursa flared back up, but all the limitations I've gone thru to allow that bursitis to heal, made that hip that much weaker, and the nerve is still ticked off for having been moved around in surgery.  :knothead:  

:pray:  Thank you Lord. May Tim's diagnosis be the case, if it be your Will.

You think you're doing the right things but this "nerve" stuff is freaky!  :(  

Still hurts a lot, but if he's right, I'm not in as bad a situation as I feared! That is a good thing. Pain I can take... back to taking it low and slow. Gee, I didn't think I was doing anything else but that...but he showed me how weak that side really is! Yikes!

Thanks for the prayers! I'm claiming all the victory in Him and giving Him the praise that it's not worse...and you guys share in the credit for being there in jack time for me with your prayers!! Thank you!!!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Praying for you.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Amen to the victory!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
Prayers sent up for you buddy.  Hang in there. I know how the battles can be, but he allows us to win always.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Thanks, guys!  :)

Yeah, Galen and Charlie, you BOTH know about "keeping the faith" in the face of adversity.

My stuff pales to drivel in comparison.  You've both taught me a lot.

Thanks for being there. As we all know when we're cut back in our activity due to health, we just seem to feel the world/clock/life stands still and we're not moving forward.

Thank you Lord for the reality that regardless of trials in this life, our true rewards are yet to come.

Amen

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
You are in my daily prayers as always.

Brother Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Thanks, Dave, that is a given from you that I cherish!

Service was hot, no A/C and packed church.  Lots of testemonies. Lots of tears. Was amazing to see how Jim had changed from the years we ran together a lot, to his later life with a good wife behind him course-correcting his mischevious self.

He will be missed greatly. Be well Jim.  The world misses you.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
Prayers to you Doc !!
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Doc, You are always in my Prayers and please do not hesitate if there is anything I can do for you. Stay strong bro, Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
LOL...getting old a ain't for sissies... I posted to the wrong one of my own 2 threads... LOL... I was wanting to post to the thread last weekend where I learned a HS buddy who was living large in early retirement ended up dying in a boating accident...

Ayeee... loosing my marbles... don't matter, can't hardly get on my knees to shoot marbles anymore anywho!   :laughing:  

Guess I needed a good laugh after that memorial service even if it meant laughing at my own self.

But sitting 2 hours jammed in a pew didn't help the sore hip either, come to think of it..but I was sweatin so bad, it dind't matter!

Thanks for the prayers my friends...both for me here and for my friend, Jim Lefever and his wife, grown daughters and their kids who miss their Husband, father and grandpap!  

Back to our regularly scheduled program.  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
Praying for your recovery Dave...†
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
PRAYERS SENT..MARCO.....
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Lost Marbles? Doc, I was remnded of something I was told a long time ago by a friend involved in Rodeo. I was moving from riding bulls into to bull fighting. Most people call them rodeo clowns but they are the first defence for the cowboy after he exits a bull or even more so when he is trying to exit but has his hand fouled in the rope. Anyway I ask him how to become a good bull fighter and he told me to go to the 5 and dime (some of you might remember them) and buy the biggest bag of marbles I could find. He said to fill my mouth with them and everytime I got hit, horned or run over by a bull to spit one out, and when I had lost all my marbles I would be a good bull fighter. LOL!!!!

Doc, I'm still praying for all your needs Brother.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
You got 'em Doc.  Hang in there, the back's probably overloaded from all of our burdens you're carrying.  Let's go folks, Doc ain't the only one on this site that can pray!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©