INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: taller than trees...on our knees????  (Read 1091 times)

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
taller than trees...on our knees????
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
Survey,
do you pray on your knees?
and if so how often?

No condemnation,no right or wrong,
NO BAD COMMENTS PLEASE JUST A SURVEY, we all reach God in our way, and this is fine.....
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: taller than trees...on our knees????
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
No I used too but now it would distract me with the discomfort my knees would be giving me.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Depends... when the pain of the situation over-shadows the pain of knees like George shared, then it happens...mostly, it's anytime, all the time..Anywhere, everywhere... Lord knows our most secret thoughts... might as well use that conduit!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
Sounds like good stuff, I agree (not that it matters what my consesus is) I also talk to God all day long, driving, reading, cooking, even goin potty, like Doc said, He already knows what is oing on in our head, why try to be anything but real????

As I said, just trying to get an idea for surveying the topic. It has often made me wonder why during Sunday School, people will get on thier knees to pray and then when someone asks them to close a service in prayer, OR a friend askd for prayer, they will either stand there/sit there and pray. I say "they" not that I do anything diferent, I do the same thing, just trying to out WHY I/do this??? Arent we intersting folks????

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
Same here, cant even guess how many times during the day I feel the need to pray for different things, reasons, to give thanks in all kinds of places and the lord tells us not to draw attention to ourself when doing this. At night though when I am alone, on my deck, in my bedroom or up in the hills and when I am really feeling heartbroken or very very concerned about something and really really need help, I hit my knees. Dont know why, Im sure it make no difference to the lord but it comforts me.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
4 Dogs, you and I seem to have about the same idea, like ya said, probably don' matter to God, but it seems to usher Him in closer from my end of things.

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
And every knee will bow and every tongue confess..
CoilSpring

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
While I pray in every position you can think of I do get on my knees beside my bed every day before I go out to work on this here rig. The reason I do is because I need to humble my heart, soul, body and mind so that I can get in tune with my Heavenly Father. For me it is a way to get to where I need to be so that God will see that I'm coming boldly to the throne of grace with a bowed head and a humbled heart. I also pray out loud as this also keeps my mind in tune and focused. At times I find myself just babbling about something and all of a sudden God will put someone on my heart to pray for. I won't even know why or what they need except that God has placed them on my heart to be lifted up. I have had this happen for some of you here on this site. I have been praying and all of a sudden it will be impressed on me to send someone a message and tell them I am praying for them. I have gotten a reply back and they would tell me that at that very moment they were..... God is like that when we get humble before him in all areas of our prayer life. Sorry for running on here but that is my 2 cents worth. I don't think God is so concerned with the position of our bodies as much as He is about the condition of our hearts. 1 Peter 5: 6-7.......If any one of you run out of something or some to pray for just add my name and pray for me. I need all the prayers I can get for about anything your can think of. LOL! God bless you and yours.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
My knees are shot,so to answer your question no.I believe God knows I'm his humble servant.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©