INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Cancer update (9/21/11)  (Read 2008 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Cancer update (9/21/11)
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
HI all
I got out from the hospital A week ago Saturday felt pretty good till Tuesday morning. I'd had a shot to boost my immune system that was to build up my white count. When my body tried to comply the rest of the weakened system collapsed. So had to go to the ER Saturday at 11 am and finally got admitted to the main hospital at 3 am Sunday am. My room had major electrical and plumbing boxes in the ceiling so I haven't wifi or good cell coverage. Yesterday afternoon they gave me a new room and my strength is coming back. Anyway my red cell blood count went way down and had severe chest pain like the worst heartburn you ever had. I lost count but I think this is the 5th or 6th blood transfusion I've had since Saturday. I also had a bag of platelets as well several bags of antibiotics. The finally found the source of the chest pain which was what's call a thrush. They've been treating me for that so I can drink water again. Now that  they are able find out what was causing everything I've been feeling better. They had me do another CT scan to check for internal bleeding to see why I need so much blood. Hopefully they'll get that resolved soon. At least the pain is manageable now.
Thanks for your prayers
galen
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cancer update (9/21/11)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Lord please stand with this brother in this time of need. Father thank you for allowing him to share this news with us here and me most of all as it shows me how selfish I am in my day to day affairs. Lord you must be ashame of me and my little pity parties when things don't go the way I think they should. Thanks for giving this brother the strength to share so as to remind me that I have nothing to whine about or be mad about and also to remind me that when I am feeling sorry for myself that I could be lifting up others who have greater needs than the ones I'm whining about. Thank you for your love and grace and thank you for the healing we have wittnessed in Galen's life. Father continue to hold him close and continue to lift him up to his normal self. Be with his family as they stand with him as well. It is in your name I ask these things.......Amen. Thanks for sharing this here as it has lifted me out of the fog that has been surrounding me today.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Prayers up for you and hopefully they can find the problem and solve it quickly.  Best wishes.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
Keep us posted, Galen, now that you've a room with wiifi ability again.

Prayers for a rebound that would put Koby Briant to shame!

Keep the Son in your eyes
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Prayers from KS!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
prayers from N.C.
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
Prayers sent.

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
You're in my prayers.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
Prayers from here!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
STILL in the hospital. They can't figure out where all of the potassium is going. The labs say I'm still way too low and now they think the have to give me 2 more units of blood. They've done ct scans looking for internal bleeding and have found nothing. Neither my urine or faeces show any blood. So I'm doubting their lab results. They did a needle blood draw instead of out of my port to see what the results of that are. Right now it looks like another day in the hospital and this is getting old. Tomorrow will be 7 days.
Thanks
galen
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Prayers sent!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
They found out that last night's set of labs were messed up. The blood draw they did this AM showed everything normal so they will do another blood draw to confirm the last one. Thanks for the prayers.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
Galen,

Good Luck, Hope you can go home and feel better!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Prayers continue, Brother Galen! You'll be home soon enough driving Maxine whacky...  :)

All the goof ups that hospital did from the ER routine throughout your stay.... they need to see about more training!

Give em my name...did OD in a hospital for a few years. I can set em straight!  :)

Get on home. Your dog misses you!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline eddings220

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
Prayers continuing from here. May God grant you renewed health and strength.
"Respect & Integrity" - Two things that will get you a long way with God and with men.  Mark Eddings

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
Hospitals aren't perfect a fact that you can witness,but they are trying to help,glad the test results were in your favor,keep the faith.Larry
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Keep swallowing them Potasium pills, Galen!

You'll be back doing a jig in the back yard in no time...

Prayers continue!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Dr said approx 5-10% reduction in tumor size which for lyposarcoma is good since chemo doesn't have a big effect on it. Dr says I need a break and tests to see how we will proceed. Thank God for answered prayers and for your prayers.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
Good news BenBow.   Hang in there.  Prayers go up daily for your full recovery my friend.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Right Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
Prayers sent!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©