INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Cancer update (9/21/11)  (Read 2006 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cancer update (9/21/11)
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Met with the oncologist Monday. He wants me to rest up for a couple of weeks then we will look at doing only one of the chemos that I had before because it was too much for my body to take them both. We are also looking into a chemo that is approved in England and is being studied here. It supposedly works well on this type of cancer. The oncologist and the surgeon reviewed the ct scan and the surgeon said that she couldn't take out the last portion of cancer during the original surgury because I'd been in surgery for 5 hours and had lost a lot of blood by that time. It wouldn't have been safe to take out what was left because of the amount of colon that would have needed to be removed. They both believe that the tumor is stable now and may not start growing again for quite a while. The surgeon said if it did she could go in and remove it then. So I'm resting up and getting built up to continue the chemo to keep kicking the cancer's butt. The chemo will be done outpatient now which will be better for us. Continued thanks for the prayers!
g
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cancer update (9/21/11)
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
Thank you, Lord, for being with our Friend, Galen.

Thank you for your power in beating down this devilish ailment.

We pray for your continued mercy on Galen that by Your stripes, he might be fully healed and rid of this noxious pest!  

Your Galliant warrior Galen, will continue his love and his fight in your name for your kingdom, regardless, but we'd like to keep him around a goodly while, if it be your Will.

Thank you, Lord. Amen.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©