INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: combat wounded yesterday/ update 8/24 pg6  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: combat wounded yesterday/ update 8/24 pg6
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
As I continue to follow this thread I find myself thinking of all those who are not physically wounded but carry the wounds of war in their mind. You cannot experience combat without coming away wounded from the shear horror of seeing what it does to fellow human beings. Wounds that never heal no matter how much you think you have it together. I pray for these as well and the families who stand with them thru this daily. I know that sometimes it only takes a smell or a word to cast you back into a time that you would like to never go back to. This is another reality that we have to ask God to carry them/us thru. I am proud to know your son and those who have given us so much. I’m proud to know you and your family and even more proud to be asked to lift ya’ll up to our Heavenly Father…….Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
God bless them all....more prayers...mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Thank you to your son for his service and sacrifice.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
Your son is acourageous man.I pray he gets stronger.
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2011, 03:12:00 AM »
This hits to close to home,when I was in iraq we lost alot of great guys,some of those were just like your son and only lost mobility others weren't that lucky,I pray he makes a full recovery but I'm thankfull he's alive,I continue to pray for him.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline flyfisher76544

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2011, 04:16:00 AM »
Prayers sent!!!!
Common Sense, really isn't very common

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone who offered prayers and thoughts.

He is doing really well. Spending more time on his new legs everyday. From here on its a matter of muscle building and practice.  He is able to climb flights of stairs and drives my truck no problem. He uses a cane and scoots along pretty good and is fairly agile in them.

Rehab could last another year and I d say by that time it will be hard for a stranger to know when he's wearing jeans.

He makes jokes about it and seems to be adjusting mentally really well. We get to go home two weeks for xmas. He said he would not go home till he could walk and here we are 3 months post blast healed and walking.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
That is so good to hear Robert. I was just thinking about you and your son today. God Bless and Merry Christmas!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
Continued prayers for your son's recovery and future. Please tell him I appreciate his service and the terrible sacrifice he was forced to make by a cowardly enemy. I also appreciate the sacrifices you are making as a result of this tragedy but, I know as a father, you don't feel it is a sacrifice to care for your son. Our country owes your son and the rest of your family a debt that can never be fully repaid. God Bless you all.
When the moment of truth arrives, the time for preparation has passed

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
Wow...excellent! That is so neat to read! What a trooper he is.

Mr Honaker, you tell that son of yours he's an inspiration to us all...and how grateful we are for his Sacrifice!

I saw a poster bantered about the net recently of a soldier with ONE artifical leg back in the desert fighting again...amazing!

With folks like your son, and if we get back to faith in His Son, we can turn this country back around!

Prayers for continued strength, healing, agility and mental strength to do all things by the Will of God!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
Robert,your son is a hero and I am sure you are proud of him.My prayers go to your whole family.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
I pray for him and for a quick and successful recovery.I will also pray for you and your family.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
I'm so glad he's doing well.it's a long uphill road that with his attitude he'll make it;prayers for his continued sucsess.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Well I wanted to move this back to the top as a friend of mine just lost a son in that terrible place over there so that we can live and work and play and go about our everyday life. I was reminded once again of the great price that is being paid for us to have this site as well as all the other things we take for granted here in the country. Lord we need but to look around to see these people are everywhere. Not just the warriors but the support teams, families we call them, that walk around us every day. I hope that when you read this post today that you will stop long enough to tell that one whom you know that has been there and done that "Thank You" for your service. Even those who never wore a uniform but lost someone who did, have raised someone that did, or married someone that did, or buried someone that did, that you will not forget their sacrifice for what we call FREEDOM. I will and I promise to never forget them as long as I have breath. Again thank your son for his service and thank you for raising a son who was willing to do so.......Dusty
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »
Amen, Brother...AMEN!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
Thank You, Rookie for lifting this back out of memory.
Robert H, there are no words that are adequate for you or your brave son. You both seem indomitable in the face of challenge although I'm sure there are dark moments for you both.
Please accept the thanks of my family and my country, our country. We hold you up in prayer.
Amen.
Jed
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
I haven't checked this thread ina long time, but this evening I read it from start to finish. Brought a flood of memories. I had kinda forgotten what it felt like being there,  watching him thru his stages of recovery and struggles. How it felt to see him that way.

Hard to believe that it will be a year Sept 13.

I want to thank everyone again for your kind words and support. It matters very much.

He will be discharged from Walter Reed the end of Sept., the beginning of bow season here and he is ready to get in the woods.

He says this deer season should get him in even better shape. Plans on using trekking poles with his bow/rifle slung on his back while making his way to sits. I don't think its gonnbe a real problem after seeing how far he has come.

I know this is an old thread, but there were so many of you that kept up with us during the majority that I thought you would like to know where he was. Thanks again to all of you!

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
This thread means too much to be considered old,I'm extreamley proud of your son for getting through this,good luck this season.Larry
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
Awesome news! Good Luck this hunting season to you and your son!! God Bless
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2012, 11:04:00 PM »
Well I want to say thanks to you for giving us this update. It does not go too many days that I don't think about ya'll and have even to bring this back up and would forget. I too am proud to know you and your family and to have been privileged to pray for you all. Again thanks for the update.......Dusty
 By Tree's Custom Bows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©