INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for our Grandchildren......Please  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for our Grandchildren......Please
« on: September 18, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Tomorrow our daughter and the father of our two grandchildren have a custody hearing in front of a Family Court judge. PLEASE pray that the lawyers and the judge does what is in the childrens best interest. We have been involved in these two children's lives since the moment that they were born. I have been praying that the Lords will.....be done and that they have a chance at a safe, secure and healthy childhood. Those of you that know me........know that this isn't the "first time" that I have been concerned about an outcome that I have absolutely control over. PLEASE remember them in your prayers. I will post the outcome whenever I find out what it is. God, please be with them and watch over them to keep them safe, secure and happy. Thy will be done........Amen

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for our Grandchildren......Please
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Don, you are never far from my prayers. I lift you dailey for protection and guidance. I pray that this will work out the way you want it to. Lord knows this problem and His will is going to be done. Father PLEASE do for these kids what would be best for them. Don I will cover ya'll in prayer tonight and tomorrow and wait to see how this all turns out. I expect a good return on our prayers.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
Thanks Dusty......I have had a LOT on the table lately and haven't been online much. Life can get a bit "overwhelming" at times.....and it has ALWAYS been at these times that the Good Lord has carried me through. I have faith that he will do so this time too.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
Children are God's future.

He will not fail. His answer will sometimes not be ours in the moment, but Faith is trusting what we cannot see nor understand.

Lord in your Mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
Prayers for the children's best.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:22:00 AM »
Prayers sent for the children's best and for you family's healing.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Prayers for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
prayers sent for the chilren and for you....
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
Well.....the outcome is that there will be a final hearing in March of 2012. She went without a lawyer and found out that we paid for the father's lawyer. It wasn't a pretty site when she came here to get her things. She left and took the kids to my wife's sisters house. She is telling the world that we are trying to take the kids from her......which isn't true. We just want both her and the father to grow up and be the parents that any child deserves.

Her plans are to leave the state with them and keep them away from us, but she can't do anything until after the final hearing. To say she was mad would be an understatement. When she came here to get her things, I was next door at my parents house with the children and my wife and my Dad came over to make sure she didn't take things that wasn't hers. She took a "swing" at my wife, and the outcome of that wasn't a good thing. I would say that she won't do that again. This is gonna get "ugly".....before all is said and done. We have so much evidence that we have accumulated over the years and I will do EVERYTHING within my power to prevent her from taking those two kids out of state. To her they are just a posession.....which is sad in many ways. She only wants them for the free "assistance" she gets for them and to use them as something to hold above our heads. I'm not gonna air "dirty laundry".......but PLEASE keep us all in your prayers. This is very hard on my wife and I as well as the rest of my immediate family. The father currently has weekend visitation rights and we took her to court four years ago and have every other Sunday for us in an existing court order. She needs to have her eyes opened and realize what she has, and still is putting those kids through.

PLEASE.......continue praying for us to have the strength to get through this and for the outcome to be the BEST for the children.

Thy will be done........

Winterhawk1960

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
Amen prayers continue
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
Don your family is in my prayers

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Don,

You've shared things in the past so I can fill in some of the blanks...

Again I encourage you to realize that while adult age, she is but a tempermental child, for whatever her causes adn reasons but reason and caring may not be enough.

Rest well in the knowledge you've left no stone unturned in all you've tried to do and how you continue to strive to seek God's Will in all you do with this dreadful situation.

Only She and God can fix HER.  Your focus in appropriately on the kids, not her happiness. She's focused on that 200% so needs no help.

Be Strong. Cloak yourself in His armour and continue to run and find the wind beneath your wings!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
Continued prayers for all involved, especially those children.  So precious and vulnerable, they deserve love and happiness.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Prayers sent for the best for them.

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
God bless you folks and keep you...
Barry

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
Don I will be praying for you and all involved,esp the kids and your daughter.Even prodigals can change and thats what God must do in your daughters  life.I know you've been through the ringer and learning to give your kids to God is what you must do every time something pops up.I have been in a similar situation with my son with his ex wife trying to turn his 2 sons aganist him by lies and even lying in court.Your faith will be tried extremely but never doubt that God is not concerned and working out His plan.When you are in prayer it will not just get you through but your grandkids are protected.My eldest grandson has already changed from believing the lies and the younger is still in the waiting.Thats why I can't quit praying nor you either.It works.God knows all about it.God is teaching you many things right now so be especially attentive to His voice.Don't let the anger win out over you.I know it's hard but keep giving her to God.He will deal with her.Hope this encouraged you.D.
see

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
Dwight,

That right there is the most dead-on advice I've ever seen shared in such a straight up way!

I know Don heeds all that but it's always good to read... and it touched me right now as well, so thanks for your insights to Don, but it serves all who read!

Keep the Son in your eyes! Good fortune to your grandkids as well... Truth is just a matter of TIME!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Dwight,

Thank-You for the sound advice. I have and will continue to P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens). I know and believe that the Good Lord is, and will continue to watch over them and give us the guidance necessary to get through this. Without the faith and hope.........we'd be lost in times like these.

Winterhawk1960

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
Bringing this back to the top. The "supposed" final hearing is this coming Friday - March 2nd 2012.

PLEASE.......keep our Grandchildren and us in your prayers. I have long ago realized that this is truly in God's hands and HE knows what's truly best for them.

Thank-YOU all.........in advance.

:pray:    :pray:    :pray:  

Winterhawk1960

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Amen and praying that evil be blocked and God's will to prevail.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©