INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my Dad and me (update p2)  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my Dad and me (update p2)
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
They got the stick, but I ain't beat yet. Neighbor lady I don't talk to often has the # for the county Ombudsman assigned to Nursing Homes...so I can leverage that if need be.

Just trying to let them take lead to see what they might do that is the right thing, given they know I'm involved!

Thanks all...keep the prayers for Dad especially.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Doc,

Hang in there!  You can be their worst nightmare if they want you to be.  And without compromising your Christian morals.  

Go up the ladder like you suggested. But as a last ditch effort all you have to do is drop the name of the local TV station and their investigative reporter's name.  And how interested they would be in all that you have seen and been through.  

If you aren't all ready you should start documenting everything you see: time, date, and the nature of the problem.  Some pictures wouldn't hurt either, but harder to do unnoticed.  I am not recommending a lawsuit or that you even threaten one.  Though once you have documented a lot of stuff it wouldn't be a bad idea to let them know.  

Praying for you!

Chip
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Doc, keep on em!  The only way to insure that your Dad is getting any treatment, let alone quality treatment, is to ride them hard.  I went thru this with both my parents, and the health care system, especially for older folks, is cold indeed.  God bless you and yours brother!
Barry

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
Doc back in the 70's my grandmother was in a nursing home,extremely bad care,I watch my Father pick up an orderely by the by neck and lift him off the ground.He was so upset at the way his mother was being treated I thought he might kill him,bottom line is you pay the bills or your father does he deserves the care he's paying for.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Prayers from here...

PM sent

Later.....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
Well, the die is cast.

They rallied their evidentiary resources, got the doc on their side, got Therapy to say the care givers are at risk of injury leaning over.

I get an email to my work account long after I left, telling me last night. Sayig they'd like to try an air bed mattress they have.

I told the honcho last Fri that we did that and it was unsatisfactory for Dad...but I know she didn't bother to go check the records.

I emailed back bright and early asking for a call...that was 7:30AM and it's now noon, no call!

I'm going to see about buying a single bed knock off tempurpedic style mattress for Dad if they'll allow it... It's only under $300 and pay with what money they won't get outa him as he's nearing the end of his resources, so will have to go on Med Assistance and then the bed will be an issue ina  double room cause they wont let him have the single room anymore.

I'm leaving for an out-of-state hunt soon and this delay in calling back...they're going to try to pressure me and force my hand to move that bed outa the home by myself...and not have time to get the other mattress to them..without screwing up the last few days of planning... but that is catastrophic fantasizing on my part!

I loathe this situation.  With God's calming influence on my ire, I hope to negotiate an equitable resolution for all without jeapordizing my time left to get my stuff done.

All of a sudden!  :(  GAWD...

Seems the harder I push for what's right, the more punishment gets dolled out on dad!  :(
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Good News: On paper (phone actually) we reached an accord! (thank you, Jesus).

They found a hospital twin bed that is a long version (dad's still fairly tall).

I'm buying (with his money) a knock off tempur pedic long twin mattress.  I figure they're getting all his money so if they don't want to buy it with their money to own it, then I'll buy it with his before they get it all and then we'll own it! Only $300!

While I'm away next week, they will go pick up the mattress and set it up for Dad

They will store my dad's personal $4K tempur pedic double mattress, adjustable bed frame and it's access till I get back.

They claim they will then load it into one of their trucks and haul it 4 blocks to dad's storage when I get back.

I sent an immediate email outlining all the Dir of NUrsing's promise and agreements.

Then I brought up that they're saying dad's too tired from chewing so they put him on a slurry diet (yuk)... Dad agreed to try cause he's choking more and more after swallowing.

So I asked, if that he is too tired from chewing food, why are they hoyer lifting him 4 times (2 round trips) in and out of bed to this jazzed up wheel chair they just dug up, to simply send him to some "assisted feeding" dining area???  It is exhausting him to the point where he can't function.

He's so exhausted, he slept thru the nurse changing him and bathing him while I sat there talking to her!

The Doc and I chatted on that one. Doc wrote an order for only ONE such transport per day... turns out the one male aide didn't want to have to feed my dad in the evening so woudl slam him into the hoyer lift and send him off for evenign meal too!

Glad I caught that one!

So hopefully, this is going to work out!

Keep Pop in prayers. I'm worried what will happen while I'm away 6 days, but it's in God's hands!

They know now to not triffle with me...I'm reasonable, but as I told the D.o.N....when you let the bear outa the closet, he doesn't go back too easily!

Thanks for the support, prayers and suggestions.

you folks are my rock along with Jesus!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Praise the Lord Doc!!  Thanks for the update! Keep on them
Barry

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
A little ray of sun can break through to become a sunny day. Here's to hoping for the best.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
Keep after 'em Doc !!! They should know by now that your not gonna lay down and roll over. Your not being unreasonable and they know it. I'll keep on praying for the best for both your Dad and you.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
Prayers sent for your Dad's comfort and peace while you are away.
When the moment of truth arrives, the time for preparation has passed

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
glad it's working out,you and your Dad will be in my prayers.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Prayers for God's protection for your dad while your gone and always.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
So glad to hear things are at least seeming to look more reasonable in the solutions are, buddy. hang in there and blessings for your Dad.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
Thanks, all.

Funny how the "spirit" nudges us. Just stumbled onto how they were taking him to this "assisted dining" 2x/day not once...and he was so wrung out he couldn't communicate.

Humm...so changing diet to slurry cause he gets tired chewing, but the hoyer lifting slams him into exhaustion, but they're doing THAT 2X/day to eat slurry?

One of the aides I like ratted out her co-worker who somehow got assigned to Dad and he was shooting all his patients to this meal place regardless of effect on them so he didn't have to feed them!

At least now the Doc is on my side on that one! Orders to only go once mid-day! Is there an end to the insanity of what these "workers" will do who are there just cause it's a job.

Such contrast from those who pour themselves into care-giving and it's a profession!

:(

Thanks for the prayers for Pop.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
UPDATE:

Bought Dad a single (twin) long tempur pedic knock off mattress to match a long frame/adustable bed they have... comes Thurs.

He's been weak all week! One aid was shoving him off to a feeding station 2x a day, not one and tired dad badly. Doc stepped in for us and stopped that! I'm leaving very early tomorrow morning to go out-of-state till next Tues.  

Please pray that the Lord keeps him and if God decides it's time Dad is called home while I'm away, that he go peacefully in his sleep, without fuss or fear.

Lord in your mercy.

Thanks all!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
Try to have a good time Doc. We will keep praying.   :pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Amen Doc
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 05:15:00 AM »
We got this covered in prayer Doc. You need to go and have a good time while you are away. Whatever is going to happen will happen and God has your back too.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 06:19:00 AM »
Amen Doc.
Barry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©