INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my brother  (Read 1274 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for my brother
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Prayers for Doc Nock as he's going through tough times. God's best.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my brother
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:   For peace of mind Doc, put it his hands and reflect on better times.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Galen,

You li'l stinker...I came here once and thought, "Nah...not yet".

Galen is in my personal network that got the news that didn't surprise me. The erstwhile company I worked for 2.5 yrs gave me notice that due to sagging sales, they're pulling my slot!

I put in 45 hrs on the ground there each week. Another 10 driving from my town to work and back. $100/week in gas...

I'm tired at nearly 64. No retirement there or anywhere... worked in social service a lot of years so there is no retirement.   :)

Lots to figure out: see what unemployment has to offer, found out my Cobra insurance costs and then see what SS might have to offer for early retirement and how much I can earn.

Then off to the local "P-time" market that exists locally to see what they might have for a chap like me...

Then sit down and put pencil to paper first of the year with all the information and see which way to go.

Once my Dad passes, there is nothing to hold me here so I might be knocking on some doors to find out what COL is in varied areas as I consider some relocation.

Country boy will survive. Been here and done this before...

PS: Tell your kids to invest in tech training, not college, it really isn't that marketable today to have a couple college degrees.  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
God bless you Doc...you are in our prayers.
Barry

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Sorry to hear this Doc. My job sucks, and the people I work with.....well, better leave that unsaid, but it's better than no job.

If there's anything I can do don't hesitate to give a shout-out. If you need to talk, even if it's just to vent, just pick up the phone. I'll PM my number to you.

God Bless, and Prayers for better times Brother.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »
Doc, sorry to hear about this.  It's not fun, but I know you can handle it, you've been there.  Keep your mind busy on the positve.  We're here for you.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
God always has a plan in the works for a person like YOU.........Doc. In due time......all will be revealed.

:pray:    :pray:    :pray:  

But.......in the mean time I'll keep you in my prayers for guidance and direction. Having rode this "horse" before......I can relate. The older I get, the more important "security" is to me and unfortunately there just isn't much of it out there in todays world.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »
Doc I pray each night for my Trad Gang Family,hope everything works out for you.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
Doc, prayers sent....my job of thirty years is really shakey now, and like yourself, with four buyouts and owner changes , we have no retirement.....definately tell the kids to go into nursing or a good tech field.....I know many right now with up to a masters degree and cannot buy a job.....sad times, and some days I feel like giving up, but God has a plan if we will keep the faith.....
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
Thanks, Folks!

There are more critical needs here among our Gang needing prayers and Lord knows I'm not alone in being jobless.

Next to last day, today. The reality is starting to weigh in... Amazing how cavalier one can be about news they expect right up to REALITY time!

:rolleyes:    :confused:  

Time to put the Faith to test and live it not preach it.  :)

Thanks for the prayers. Lots to deal with, but He doesn't give more than we and He can handle!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »
Best of luck to you my fiend.  I know you have the strength through him to endure and survive this.  Hang tough, as you always do.  Prayers sent.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Best of Luck Doc!  Look for jobs in good hunting areas   ;)
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
The Lord be with you Doc
Barry