INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Could use a few extra prayers  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Could use a few extra prayers
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
Benson went and shared that a couple weeks ago, I had some unsettling news: Job eliminated.

Unemployment determination came in but way less than I thought... bummer. Still waiting to find out what early retirement might hold...

Went up Central state to visit an elderly ex neighor, spend a few days and get to rifle hunt with some dear friends...haven't done that in years! No sightings but enjoyed the time out and the cold weather with friends.

Left the small town Sunday to go home and 2 miles from the house, some dude turns left, I see him way off do it, he then nearly stops as I approach the entrance (Yield) lane to go the same direction so I slow way down...then he signals right, pull off the shoulder and I slowly ease by and without looking, he just accelerates, turns hard left to make a U-turn to go back the way he came in!

Mine was driveable but more damage than I thought...he's toasted his little Hundai. Cops won't assign fault... and the guy kept trying to weasel---but one cop kept pointing out if he wasn't off to the side, how did my F150 not hit the sign at the end of the merge median, etc.

Cop says the insurance now assigns "fault" in PA and he wasn't arresting anyone since there was no obvious "fault".

This guy and his wife get a ride home with the cop sgt and my truck was driveable so I left to go home.

Got a sick feeling this isn't going to come out the way it happened! I have to call my insurance this AM.

I just feel over-whelmed and sick.  No job, other things going on, now this accident... I just feel like I fell in a blender on puree!  :(

There are a few personal struggles the Lord and I keep kicking around, but I'm a stubborn and willful old Dutchman and don't seem to let go of what needs gone.  Funny how the things that we hold onto most deep inside are those that often bring us little...and yet...  :(

So prayers this busy time of year (for most of you,)are welcomed.

Thank you all.  Love you guys!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Could use a few extra prayers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
You got'em Doc.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Doc,

If it ain't one thing it's another........huh ??? All you can really do is talk to your insurance company and tell them the truth. Even if there wasn't any "fault" determined by the police that investigated the mishap, it would seem to me that there should be some kind of a "report". Sadly, if it was determined to be a "no fault" accident then your two insurance companies will end up fighting it out. Worse case scenario, you both end up having the SAME dang insurance company and you both end up being held accountable and it ends up costing you more for your insurance.

Best case scenario.........the insurance companies end up fighting it out as to WHO was responsible. That is why I think that there has to be some kind of "official" report that was documented by the investigating officers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens after you talk to your insurance company.

I'll keep you in my prayers and hopefully it ends up being a decision in your favor. I can also relate on the "job" situation. We have been barely getting by with my unemployment checks and my wife's job in keeping the bills paid. The unfortunate thing is that eventually the unemployment compensation runs out. I don't know WHERE all the jobs they say are being created are, but they sure aren't within an hours drive of where I live.

Times are tough.........everywhere and it seems that there isn't any job security anymore. We are ALL expendable.........and replaceable. What's a fella to do.........but keep praying and have the faith that the good Lord has a plan in the works for us all. Who are we to question his knowledge of what is truly in our best interest ??? We don't have to "like" it.........just be able to accept it as something that will work out, just as it is supposed to.

Prayers sent........brother.   :pray:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Prayers up for you, Doc!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Dang Doc this sucks. Prayers for God's best and comfort for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
Thanks, Gents.

I made the insurance claim call... went thru and had written down all the details...gal supposedly wrote it down.

I'll get a call from their claim person...probably go thru it all over again.

I have taken 3 pics, but should have taken way more!  :(  

Cops have a report... and I gave the # so my insurance will call and get the police report.

Now it's just fate and what some adjuster thinks and how buddy-buddy he is with the other guy's insurance who gets hit with the lion's share.

I'd reported a very slight brush on a car in a parking lot at Dad's nursing home, and rates went up...I was off by 2 mos from 3 yrs and "first accident forgiveness" with this company... now this.

24 hrs, the "claim person" will call me.

I'm just sad...took the starch out and sitting waiting in order to not miss that call.  There is some vibration in my truck, wheel has the bead area peeled a bit... could be undercarriage damage and with relatively new tires, I want to get it aligned and a new wheel before it wears out my tires!  :(

Anyway, Don, I hear you on the UC stuff...but there are so many bloody extensions now days, I hope you can get in on that! Me?-- it's not enough living alone to make it... not paying Cobra, all the other stuff... and well... just a "wait and see" what happens.

Auto insurance could be huge if this goes wrong.

Thanks for the prayers... when it rains, it pours!  :)   Now my "gut" feels like my hamstring did when it tore!  :)  

Might loose weight cause I don't feel like eating much...  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
Prayers from here...
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
Prayers sent David.  I feel you pain, as I have been there, believe me.  Things always seem to have a way of working out, so put your trust in him that it will this time as well

Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
:pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 04:45:00 AM »
Well Doc it is our time to lift you up. It is easy to see where a fellow could be distracted from seeing clearly with all the things you have going on in your life. So while you are somewhat distracted we will stand in the gap for you in prayer.

Father you never fail to meet our needs. So today I ask that you show yourself mighty in my brother Doc's life. You make this all work out in his favor and give him a peace in his heart and mind that can only be explained by giving you all the thanks and glory. Carry him thru this till he is strong enought to walk again on him own. Father hear this prayer and come to his rescue today even now. Give him joy unspeakable when he opens his eyes this morning. It is in your Holy name I ask this.......Amen.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
Amen to Rookie@51's prayer
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Doc, sorry about your situation.  You know we are pulling for you.  Prayers being offered from the 'Gap'.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
Prayers from KS Doc
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
You are in our prayers too Doc!
Barry

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by stringstretcher:
Prayers sent David.  I feel you pain, as I have been there, believe me.  Things always seem to have a way of working out, so put your trust in him that it will this time as well

Charlie

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
You guys bring a tear to an old fart's eye!

Thank you for bouying me up and lifting me up in prayer.

Accident reports are in, adjusters have taken sworn statements--now to await the "outcome".

Lord, in your Mercy....

Tween Cobra and all the rest, things are going to get awfully tight... Just a wee bit spooked when it comes down to no "other's" income, but then nobody else to be responsible for either.  :)

Thanks again for the prayers and encouragement!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
Prayers for you Doc. Wherever this trail takes you Jesus is already there at the end. God Bless.  Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 03:08:00 AM »
Dave our prayers are with you,your a stronger person than you let on,don't let the setbacks get you down you will recover and move on.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
You're so right Larry in so many ways... but not by MY strength, but His!

I've said for a goodly while that I was so very, very tired... and then I get bummed because I'm not up and "at em" since the layoff.

I'm trying to get several good things done daily and yet find that needed rest.

The truck incident and insurance hassles have added to the downsturn, as has a bit of a cold.

Once I'm done feeling sorry for myself, all will start to move ahead. He is just waiting for me to defer to His direction...

Thank you all!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
Prayers for the ability to accept God's rest, peace, wisdom, and strength.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©