INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for another of our own  (Read 3023 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for another of our own
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
Thanks everyone.  After just 3 days on the new meds, I can already see an improvement in my eyes not jumping and the dizziness sensation is all but gone.  To early to tell if this will be permanent because I have to keep trying different doses every three days until I get to where it does not work, and then back down.  Lot's of trial and error, but I am feeling better each day so far.  A long road to go yet, but maybe, just maybe they might have found something that is going to work for me and get  me back out doing some things.

Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
Great news Charlie!!
Barry

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
Great New Year News, Charlie!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Prayers sent!

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
Continued prayers from here....
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 12:51:00 AM »
Prayers Charlie!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
Great new Charlie! Still praying for you bud!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
Thanks again everyone.  I had another MRI in January, have another hearing test this coming monday, and then go back for all the results on Feb 22nd.  This last medicine that I was put on, has done more for me than anything they have tried so far.  Still not like I use to be or want to be, but I can do more things now, so that is a blessing.  Thanks for all the support and prayers.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing that upbeat note, Charlie.

Must seems like a breath of fresh air to be able to get out and about.

Prayers continue for more improvement, good medical reports and expanding abilities!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
More prayers sent for God's best. Glad you're seeing some relief.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 06:49:00 AM »
It is back to the doctors again this morning for the third time this month.  Will get the results of my MRI, ENG, and medicines.  Just have to wait and see what he says now.  Will post up the results later today.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline petertschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
prayers sent
TwoTracks Ambush 49#@28"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
Prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
Continued prayers sent.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
All the results came back in my favor and the Dr is pleased with the accomplishments I have made over the last month.  He wants to continue on just like I am doing for the next 6 months.  If at any time I feel that things can be better, we can try some different medications and go from there.  No more injections, because the ear is dead enough to be beyond functional, so he feels.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Prayers for continued progress and healing

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
I'm happy to read what sounds "positive" but that part of the "ear being dead functionally" has always just made my gut do flips, Charlie!

I'm pleased for you to be where you are... happy there are still stones to turn if things need be...

Prayers continue for improvement, according to His will.

Been neat to read of your activities and fun you're back having doing your beloved primitive stuff!

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Right Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
Prayers to keep you strong and healing fast.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
Thought I would jump in here and let every one know that I thank you very much for all your prayers and support during this trying and daunting time

Update 4/10/2012
I finally got my medicine regulated to where it is doing me the most good.  I still have some movement in the eyes and the jumping, but nothing that keeps me from doing things like it use to.  So far nothing I can not deal or live with.

I have been blessed that I can again enjoy some of my passions and not pay for it later.

For the first time in over 4 years, I am going to take a nice road trip to the Tenn Classic in a few weeks.  Should be interesting on that long of a drive, since I have not driven over 1 to 1/2 hours in over 4 years.  Wish me luck, and thanks again for all the support.  You sure helped me get through a very very trying time in my life, and for that, I thank you so very very much.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
Charlie,

You remind me of the movie/play "My Fair Lady"...where the guy teaches the flower girl, a commoner to speak proper English... and the professor takes all the credit.

We've merely been the petitioners in your behalf. You had to gut out the hard road... and you kept an amazing faith in the journey and helped teach us all about persevering and truly, "Keeping the Son in your eyes!"

To Him goes all the Glory and to you for your long trial of walking in Faith!

May your Tenn Classic be a wonderful experience and all that you hope for...

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©