INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for Pop  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for Pop
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
Been a while since I asked for prayers for my Pop.

He's been in a nursing home for 2 yrs after a mild stroke, but kept slipping. Once you're not making progress to "get out" Medicare won't pay so we've gone thru almost $200,000 of his savings in 18 mos.  Good thing Mom is gone and didn't need the $$.

He turned 90 Sunday. Had a small gathering as he's been pretty much asleep most of the time I visit, but he was awake and enjoyed us reading his cards to him, singing Happy B'day and feeding him 'pureed' cake and thickened ice cream. (yuk)

Then Monday, he crashed with heavy sweats and unable to eat or swallow. Tuesday ok, but had blood in his stool.

He can do nothing for himself, and while I will miss visiting him daily, even without much interaction, I hate to see him linger and suffer.

Prayers requested for strength for me to accept God's will and for God's Mercy to be on Titus, my Dad, that his suffering may not last longer than his desire to continue and that God's peace be on him.

Thanks...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for Pop
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
Dave,
You got 'em, sorry to hear "Tite" has taken a turn for the worse.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Amen Dave prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
Thanks, Guys.

Dad's headed toward "perfect healing". His brother, battling bone cancer 30 yrs ago, told me, "Dave, even death is God's perfect healing".
His death was very painful near the end, but hopefully, he never lost that focus.

Hard to think in those terms till you watch a loved one live a shell of existence without ability to do for self or even interact.  Then one truly understands the power of those words!

NOw the hard part: living that fine attitude!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Prayers sent David.  I have seen and been through the suffering, and even though we know in our hearts what is best, it is always hard to let go.  May he find his peace soon my friend.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Prayers from here for both you and Dad..

You have hit it on the head..

Knowing he is going to be healed by the hand of God, but living with it....

I pray for you for this peace of heart and mind...

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »
More prayers sent for both your dad and you.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
Prayers for the both of you Doc. God Bless
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
David,

Prayers sent for both your Pop and yourself. I've been where you are with my Grandmother, back in 1983. Bless YOUR heart for being the son that everyone hopes and prays that they could have in those final years.

May God lay his loving hands on your Pop and remove his pain and suffering and give you the strength and wisdom to handle what you put into HIS hands.

Thy will be done......  :pray:    :pray:    :pray:  

Winterhawk1960

P.S. If you ever need to talk, you know how to get ahold of me.......anytime brother.
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Thanks, Guys! Took this evening off a nd went in mid afternoon. Boy.."dayshift" is a sorry mess!

Stuff not done that is to be done daily...went to report it to the Dir of Nursing but she was out "donating blood". Grrrrr!

Dad was a bit more perky. They cut out the wafarin blood thinner for good... we'll see how that works.  :(  

He could outlast ME! Had a chance to get with a dear friend's widow and her grown kids/grandkid and have dinner. I forgot that people actually have a social life in the evenings!   :eek:  

I liked it.  Thank you for your prayers for Pop and for me!

In God's own time...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
Father God, I lift up Dave and Titus to you tonight.  I thank you for Dave's example of how a son should love, respect, and care for his father.  He is a devoted son, and I ask your strength be upon him to stand firm in your will for his dad.  Please give Titus your mercy, Lord, as your perfect healing comes in your perfect time. We wait on you, Lord, and in you we place our trust.  Amen
CoilSpring

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Dave,

May god give you Strength and Wisdom.

Sounds like your old man has it but cannot relay it.

You have been very Strong, Most son's would have given up Long ago, sounds like you get your strength from Titus.

Until you reach a happy place, you and your father will get continued prayers from me.

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
Dave,

Sometimes its hard to see dignity in suffering.  But your devotion to your father brings a quiet dignity to his life.  Your father may not be able to say it, but I am sure he is grateful and proud that you are a good son.  May we find strength in your example, and may you find strength in our prayers.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
I am praying for you and your dad Dave. May the lord look after you both.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
Doc,
     Prayers of hope and comfort sent to you and your father.
             James
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
Thanks, Guys!!!

Last evening, my Dad had something on his mind... can't even hold his arms up...tried to talk but couldn't communicate with us!

When my mom was dying 8 yrs ago, she had one afternoon where she could barely mumble, but then passed. Dad I presume, will hang in there and it is so hard to want to meet their needs but they can't communicate what is bothering them or they want...

About breaks my heart!

Hate this for him more than me... When he stands before Christ, he will know all that is in my heart to offset whatever frustration might be there now...but until then, his mind is clear, but his body won't cooperate!

Lord in your Mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
Doc,
 I am praying right now for both of you...I am sorry I haven't been over here to check on you lately or others..Please forgive me for letting the world get in the way...I saw this post and just had to read to see how "POP" and of coarse you are doing and as I read I was reminded of when my Mom went Home and I pray that you are beside your Dad to say So long and to see you again! You have a good heart Dave and a good son you are to your Dad just by visiting and praying with him has got to make him proud inside of how you have become...I'm proud to be a friend of yours here on Tradgang and when I see a prayer need I always know you are always at the alter praying for all of us...God Bless you brother and I'll one day get to meet ya...Keefers <><

Offline monsterchelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
Doc,

a prayer said for your dad & you.

Peace be with you
" Out of a mans heart, The issues of life flow"

Black Widow PSR-V
               47# @ 27
              Howard Hill Montana
               50# @ 27

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
About breaks my heart!

Hate this for him more than me... When he stands before Christ, he will know all that is in my heart to offset whatever frustration might be there now...but until then, his mind is clear, but his body won't cooperate!

I can't imagine,
prayer for ya both ole pal!!
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
Anyone who has had elderly parent goes thru this... If it weren't painful, we'd have no feelings!

Thanks for the support folks.  Seems that this is 100% of my focus these days vs. finding work at 64!  :(

Just can't relocate at this time and leave him to linger all alone...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©