INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for Pop  (Read 4959 times)

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for Pop
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
Doc, I think maybe the Good Lord is giving you this time away from work so your focus can be with your dad. It may be His gift to you, for the moment. Many times I miss the gifts given me, seeing them as struggles or trials, but later on see them as a blessing. I've much to learn, here.  

May He bless and strengthen you both in this moment, together. He definitely has a plan for your future, too, Doc. You have MUCH to offer at 64...Take care, Brother.
CoilSpring

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Praying for you and your dad Doc. Thanks for the updates.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 02:45:00 AM »
Continued daily prayers Brother for both you and Dad.

IN HIS SERVICE
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »
Lifting your Dad and you up in prayer Doc! God Bless you brother! Keefers <><

Offline Wyoming Artifact

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
Doc. I am kind of new here but am blessed to be able to pray with you all. What comfort you are for your dad and what comfort in the hope of what is to come!

Tim <><
Be Joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
:campfire:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Prayers for you and your dad  Dave

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
Dave, I have walked this trail and there is no joy on it. Just relief when your loved one is taken to the home to which we all aspire. Know my family holds you both up in prayer.
Stay Strong.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
Thanks, all.

To add to the joy of it all, I'm terribly allergic to cats and dogs (one of the true heartbreaks of my life!). I've tried everything but of that which is available, I use that to survive normal seasonal stuff...

So...this fine nursing home goes and decides to be "hip" like some other "homes" around and gets a "therapy dog".

Dunno what this thing is, but it's HUGE at 10 mos, long white hair and looks like a white Newfoundland!

It now lives there full time. I wear a surgical mask to even spend my hour with my Dad and come home to tons of reactions... the place is carpeted and now the carpet is carpeted with long white hair...

Love animals, but these residents are half out of their minds and few have visitors so who knows if some of THEM have allergies to animals?

Oh, well...when dad passes then I will never have to set foot in that particular place again!

Jed, you're so right. I don't pray for healing. Dad's well past that, but for his peaceful passing...in God's time, not mine though.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
It is that time of year. Spirit has been dumping clumps of undercoat. You couldn't ride in my truck from the tent to the loo right now! Looks like she is almost done with her "moult".

I hope things get better for you soon.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline motormouth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
Doc,
Its hard to accept that your parent, specially your pop is goin downhill. My pop and i are close, and when that day comes, where he starts slippin, i dunno what i'd do.

I do know how strong you are. ever since i met ya, as a young pup at B'More, you have showed me the right path when all i can do is stumble, you have talked straight with me when i need it, you have comforted me when i needed it an you have shown me this "tough love" they talk bout. heck, if it wasn't for you, Killie, Mockingbird, Applepie and some others, i may not have turned out as well as i did. You guys are family. yeah, ive got a purdy good on already, but you guys are different, you guys are my Family, connected thru the bow. which means that whatever happens, Doc, we got your back. I'm always here for ya, day or night, as you have been for me. Keep the faith brother, because the good lord has a HUGE plan for your pops...and an even bigger one for you brother.

In the words of the Famous Doc Noc,  :)
"Keep the Son in your eyes"
"It's not dyin i'm talkin bout...It's livin." -Capt. Gus McCrae

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »
Amen, Motormouth. Doc has always been there for me no matter what the problem was, now we are all there for him. Prayers continue for Doc and his Father.  
Brother Dave you are MY ROCK.
IN SHIS SERVICE
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
I had to take a day after reading Matt's note. I did send ole MMouth an email---  Broke right down and bawled reading his words...

I've worried about that boy cause he posts up challenges of his own, then disappears!  :(

David, you always point out my contribuitons, but you seem to discount what you're presence in my world has meant as well.

Many here on gang, present and those who've moved onto other things, have held my head above the torrents many times in the past bunch of years and tribulations.

Just paying it forward in my own feeble attempt to do whatever possible.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
Doc
The people on this forum are wonderful. They have helped me thru some bad times in my life. Continue prayers for you and your Dad. My our LORD give you peace and comfort in these stressful times.
IN HIS SERVICE
Brother Dave

Offline motormouth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
We're all here for ya, Doc. Well Said, Bear.
Doc, I know im not the best at follow-up. In fact, Im horrible at it  :)  but im here for ya no matter what. I know you have impacted alot of lives.

I spoke to the sister yesterday, we had a family dinner last night, and she wanted me to give you her best. My pops also. Him and i shot yesterday and while i have gotten ten times better, i still cant get him. i fear this is permanent  :)

Prayers always sent your way. If you need anything, you know how to get me.

"Keep the son in your eyes"  :)
"It's not dyin i'm talkin bout...It's livin." -Capt. Gus McCrae

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
Doc,

If you ever need to talk, vent or be heard,

Let me know, I will listen!

Matt, good to see you back!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
WE're of one mind, David, regarding those who have stood in the gap for us.

Matt,
Yes, you ARE horrible at following up after asking for prayer!  :)  But we /I still luvz ya li'l brother.  Thanks for sharing young Lass's comments and your pop's! Back at you all for sure!

You do have a good family. Now you need to learn to take your place in the Sun, under the SON as a rightful son in that family and embrace adn rely. Perfection is for the misguided! Only exists in the next life!

Charlie,
Thank you.  Been reading on Biblical "joy" and realize it is NOT about being happy or frolicking without concerns...it's ALL about that inner peace knowing God's got our backs!

There are so many things I am feeling totally ovewhelmed about...no idea what to do or how, but am just "letting go and letting God."

Trick is knowing what demands OUR attention in all that and when we're in "avoidance" vs. waiting in Faith/Trust.

Therein lies the quandry of the Universe I suppose!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Doc, You and Pop are never far from my prayers.I have only one parent left an that is my Mom. I know that someday I will have to say goodbye to her if the Lord don't take me first. It won't be a good day for me but it is the cycle of life that has been ordained for us by our creator and Father. Just as I know the eternal state of my Mother you also have the comfort to know the same thing for Pop's. SO we wait and we pray and we ask for that peace that passes all understanding that only comes from our heavenly Father. You are being covered in prayers from all over the world. Stand strong my brother and know we have your back. Father in you........Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
prayers from Louisiana way...marco
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
Prayers for your Pop and you Doc. God Bless you both.    :pray:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©