INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Words of Wisdom  (Read 968 times)

Offline motormouth

• Trad Bowhunter
Words of Wisdom
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
hey ya'll,

wrote this today when i had one of my brain waves. chose to ride it out and write. I realize that when i have these, whatever i write tends to have been botherin me for a bit, a topic or issue. this one turned out well and my sis suggested i share it. Hope it finds you well. and havent been to the doc yet but hopefully will have time this week.

-MM

How can a man change his entire existence? How can someone who has lived his life one way for so long, change? I’ve often wondered how those people who are successful do it. I look at them, with the ease of which they live and say “that should be me”. But it isn’t. I have a condition, The Human Condition of serving only myself. Selfishness is a poison. A Poison that affects everyone around you, those you hold close and those who barely touch you.

Yet the only cure for selfishness is within you. You have the power to change and try to right the wrongs this toxic existence has wrought. If one truly believes in their heart that they want to change and then make the effort to change, they will, thru God’s help. However, that choice has to come from you. Others can help you keep on that path, but choice to take up the journey and remain on your quest is yours and yours alone. It will be the hardest road you take.

Making the choice is 10% of changing. Taking that first step is 40% and maintaining the life style is 50%. You have to want to change, but you wish all you want. Unless you put forth the effort, your fight is futile. Actions speak louder than word and if you haven’t made the choice then your action have failed to back up the froth spewing from your mouth. Words are hollow unless backed by action. That is one of the hardest parts of changing, is acknowledging your failures and learn from them rather than wallow in self pity until someone else has to come pick you up. The problem is that they will hold you up for a while but become tired because you are dragging your feet, weighting them down. They eventually give up and leave you to wallow again, not because they don’t care, but because they were sinking the whole time while carrying you.  

You have the strength. You possess a power in you far greater then you can imagine. God’s grace, mercy, forgiveness, and strength is what is in your arsenal, should you choose to take up the quest. You have all the weapons you need. Now fight.
"It's not dyin i'm talkin bout...It's livin." -Capt. Gus McCrae

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Words of Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
Those last 2 sentences say it all, li'l brother!

And the closer you draw to God and walking in His will, the harder Satan will work to derail your efforts and knock you off the wagon.

A very wise man told me that once--and the power of those words come home to me constantly...

The upside is that when all hell breaks loose in your life, you can smile and know you must've gotten the devil nervous with how close you were walking with God!

Use that to renew your effort in the face of adversity and spit in the devil's face!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
Good stuff that I need to implement.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
VERY true !!!!!!!!!

Such wisdom......and written very well. I have NO willpower, but with God......ALL things are possible. He giveth.......and taketh away, all according to his will.

Keep on keepin' on......brother. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, breathing in and out........and ALL shall come to pass.

Thy will be done...........NOT mine   :pray:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
;)     :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline monsterchelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
Matt,

Thanks,  for posting this.
" Out of a mans heart, The issues of life flow"

Black Widow PSR-V
               47# @ 27
              Howard Hill Montana
               50# @ 27

Offline Kitos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
Heh, only if that power inside of you in the Holy Spirit. Cause man, the answer isnt inside of us, its outside of us. Because it takes a Holy (a set apart) God to do the work in us. Only Jesus can save us, only Jesus can set us free. Seeing as Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and apart from Him we can do nothing. So the answer isnt inside of us, because we're the problem. Since we're the problem we need Someone to come from the outside to step into our darkness and set us free. Praise God for Jesus.  :)
Jesus is everything! Without Him there is nothing! And the devil is very sneaky.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©