INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Pop passed  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pop passed
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Whew...funeral is finally set and arranged for Wednesday afternoon! Geeze, they run ya so ragged, you don't have time to grieve for a week or so I bet!  :(

next hurdle will be the finances and getting funds rolled around to pay his bills... hoo boy.

I do so appreciate everyone's caring sentiments.

I'd not find a shortcut thru the grief if I could find one...Dad deserves to be grieved.

He leaves a hole...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Doc,
 You will find right now it seems everything is a blurr but after all the arrangements are met and you are home alone you will have the time to grieve and we are here as your support group brother...I also wished we didn't live so far away so we can sit with you for awhile and talk..I found when my Mom passed that was the most comforting thing was having my friends stop by for a few hours...Try to get some rest and if ya need us here to chat with then chat away....While I'm here what was your favorite memory of Pop and you? Did you have a hunt or anything that really comes to mind that you will always cherrish? Have at it when you get a break  ! Praying every day for you...God Bless Dave...
                        Keefers <><

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Sounds like he went to be with the Lord, Prayers for the comfort for the family and praise Jesus for eternal life.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
"next hurdle will be the finances and getting funds rolled around to pay his bills... hoo boy."

That's the part I'm dreading. I dunno how long my dad will be cranking along, and my brain glazes over when it encounters finances, insurance, taxes, etc.

Be careful throwing out old magazines.   :eek:
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Buddy, my thoughts and prayers are with you...mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
Deepest condolences...prayers sent for strength and comfort.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
Praying for you brother!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
thanks again to all for prayers, posts and emails!

I've been well supported.  Won't prevent some sad moments, but tears are part of living --- and dying. I'd have it no other way.  :)

I gave Dad to God and said "Lord, when you're ready to take Dad home, I'm ready to let him go!"

That was months ago when things started going South big time...

All is at peace now... and after tomorrow's funeral, I can focus on dealing with all his "stuff" and moving on.

Thank you all again!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
David,

Sorry I didn't stop in sooner.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

I know you have a lot on your plate and as Keefer mentioned, when you get back to grieving, we are here for you.

When you are ready to be a little selfish for a change, let me know! You deserve it.

PM me if you need to talk in private, I can and will send my number.

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Kinda came to me this AM...this funeral day is like a final exam in college.

*Final in that it's my last parent
*Final in that I've prepared the best I can but don't really know what to expect
*Final in that when this exam is over, then I can get on to the business of grieving my Dad and saying good bye in my own time and way.

I like that. God provides the strength for all things to endure...He didn't promise we'd like it.

:)

This too shall pass...in about 5 hrs it will be all said and done. Amen.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
Stay Strong and God is with both of you.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
Dave,
I am sad for you and glad for Dad. Your great faith gives you a leg up in facing this, knowing your father is in Divine comfort.
Such events are like losing an anchor in one's life. I wish you peace.
Jed.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Thanks all.

Dad was given a proper send off...many attendees for the service at the retirement village where he and mom lived to which the nursing home is attached where he lived the past 2 years and died.

Met some of the Hospice people I didn't know who cared for dad during the day... saw many people I'd not seen who are older who went to Dad's home church.

Graveside was amazing...gentle rain and the military part with taps and folding the flag had me bawling... some just for our country and where she's headed and looking at all the old gents from all the branches honoring my father.

All in all, a joyous day with periods of predictable tears!

They gave you a just and fine send-off, Pop. Peace!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
God's best and warmest.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
Lost but never forgotten.

May he rest in peace, and your healing process go as best as possible.  

we are here for you if you need anything.... but you knew that....

:campfire:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 05:19:00 AM »
Doc,
 You have been in the valley for a few years now watching Pop and caring for him and I know you were getting worn down..Now take a deep breath and be still for awhile and soak in some of those good days remembering Pop and you will begin the climb back up to the hilltop...I am still praying for ya buddy...Keefers <><

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
Prayers for ya Doc, God Bless You & Yours.
Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
Prayers to you Doc...
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline motormouth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
Doc,
Words cannot express. I ache for you brother. i cried a little tonight when i prayed for your dad. and for you. you have been a good friend to me and if your dad is anything like you, i know he would have been a blast. prayers sent your way big brother. if there is anything i can do, let me know.

Brother in christ,
MM
"It's not dyin i'm talkin bout...It's livin." -Capt. Gus McCrae

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Thanks, All!

Thanks, Matt!

I'm at peace with it all.  I thank God that Dad is no longer suffering. I thank God that I am not there daily watching his decline, sitting by his side...him unable to stay awake, let alone converse when he was, just holding his hand and watching stupid TV which was his constant companion, asleep or awake.

I'm still finding peace realizing that I'm the last of our family around here.  Not frightened, but there is a change that happens in our cognitive view of life when our "buffer to immortality" (parents) are gone.  All of a sudden, there are not the "assumed" endless tomorrows to do, get it right, fix things in our life and 'get around to it'.

Not frightening. Just sobering.

I'd say I'm coping extremely well, but quickly add not by my own devices but thru God's grace and the love and prayer support of folks just like all of you here!

Thank you! If we are born, we will loose parents and other loved ones. Always be sure you share that love you have, regardless of momentary hurts or minor offenses, before you lay your head for the night. Tomorrow is never promised!

Tell them. Show them. Live like tomorrow you may be in heaven-- Or they may. Then there can not be regrets.

Do I wish I could have said more? Done more for Dad? Sure! But...I'm human and I will never get it right on this blue marble. Not completely.

Do the best you can... but don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today.  The "Present" is always a gift! Treat it as such.

Matt, my brother-of-another-mother, there is ONE thing you can do! Continue to fight hard that demon you've allowed to share your body and bring forth that impish, loveable, young snot who had the world by the tail (and still does but lost his focus for a moment) and grab life in the Big Sky by the horns and enjoy it with gusto... without the "miller time".  :)

Thank you all. I'm doing well with your prayers and support. Now lets get to praying off the needs of others.

Doc Nock is smiling now...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©