INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bernie back in Hospital  (Read 4358 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bernie back in Hospital
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Bernie,

Now there's a question for the ages!  :)

I hate this for you, buddy, but so grateful to Him that you're able to fight it this way and keep outa the hoosgal.

Now...if you'd just quit drinking outa mud puddles, Bernie... we might avoid this in the future, ok?  :rolleyes:    :knothead:    :jumper:  

Prayers that this round will kill it deader'n a salt mackeral.

Lord in your mercy...

Keep the Son in your eyes, B!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2012, 08:56:00 AM »
Hmmmm - I wonder why they don't pay me as much as they do them, or at least half. Heck I'm not greedy - [Big Grin]
Man how many bows could you buy.    :biglaugh:
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Lifting you up in prayer brother Bernie...  :pray:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 05:41:00 AM »
Thanks, all. I just never could stay away from those "pud muddles" - LOL

Oh, ya know what the docs tell me about reoccurring UTIs the other day before checking out??? They can produce symptoms like dementia - it isn't dementia but acts like it sometimes - Boy am i in deep doo-doo! Got CRS, big time, already - LOL
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
Bernie, it's good to see that you still have your great sense of humor.  Someone said laughter is the best medicine.  Keep it up!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Glad they shared that with you, B!

I worked for a Non-profit that did Guardianship ...  one of the Guardian (nurse) told me as my folks aged, if they suddenly acted goofier (than normal) to have a UTI culture test done...NOT a urinalysis...a culture test...and that 90% of those initially diagnosed with dementia onset are really suffering from UTI's.

I shared this with many my age with older parents who used it wisely... and saved their parent(s) untold grief when it was a treatable infection.

So there ya go, Bernie...forewarned is foretold so you now have an excuse for any given day's totally bizarre behavior.

I will pray for Rose!    :biglaugh:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
LOL- I heard THAT! It really is a good thing for them to warn us about though, could save some pretty big scares - for many folks.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
We better be careful, Bernie...some of the jaspers might start to think I know sumpin and you really DO drink outa mud puddles...

Not since  ya were an active duty Marine, huh, Mini-Grunt?  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Checking in to see how our friend is doing????

Hope you're well Bernie.

Bud
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »
Bud,

Bernie shared this with me:

Today, marks the end of my second bout of IV antibiotics through the PIc - then they'll "jerk" it out of my arm (again). Like pulling the drawstring out of your sweat pants - LOL. Tomorrow I go on oral antibiotics - 2 per day for 6 weeks.
So far so good, this time.

Oh, and I should be able to get back to shooting my bow again (probably 35#er again).

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
Prayers to you Bernie.

Thanks Doc!

Bud
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
Thanks for the update. Prayers for continued good results and healing.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
I believe he's to be on Low-dose antibiotics for the rest of his days as a prophylactic?

Better that than what he's been thru several times... now if he'd just quit letting the dogs lick out of his Marine Coffee mug!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Update:
So far so good, folks. The Dr. also changed my BP meds a little (to get me off one of my two old ones that is also a beta blocker type, I've been on for years, and to bring my heart beat/pulse up a little more as it's always been low). I do seem to be having some small amount of dizziness going on that most likely is from the change to the oral antibiotics, or the new BP pills. A little ea
rly to tell. but I take my vitals every day and the Dr. checks with me (by phone) weekly, and the visiting nurses are still coming by once a week too. I can't complain (from what it was) so far - I just wish I'd get back to a real norm. Then I guess most all "older folk" have those feelings - LOL.

I am thinking today that I will call the Dr. tomorrow about the dizziness. I think the new BP medicine is taking my upper BP number TOO low and causing the dizziness. We'll see.

Got the next door neighbor's son (not a kid) mowing the lawn and trimming edges for us now. Tim can pick up a little extra pocket money, and I'm giving him a lot of stuff I don't use anymore that he enjoys. He also is going to go up on the roof and blow out the gutters, that I was going to do just before I got sick. I wouldn't dare get on the roof just yet. So that all takes a lot of worry off our minds. Says he'll do anything we need done. I gave him a couple hand-held Mp3 players (loaded with music he likes), some misc. camping gear, a slug of fishing gear, etc. - plus he can buy assesories he needs for his boat that he lives on - he's in hog heaven, and our yard looks more like normal these days. Good deal for all.

I'm rambling - LOL - just wanted everyone to know I'm still kicking.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
I know everyone appreciates your updates, Bernie.

Get them meds straightened out... some don't play well with others and docs don't always review what other docs give you to see all is copacetic.

Better to call early then throw your system in a tizzy!

Keep us posted, Mini-Grunt.  

Keep the Son in your eyes, bro.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
Glad to see you posting up on your update Bernie.  I think of you each day and wish the best for you.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
Thanks to all who check in, the encouragement, and prayers. I talked to the Dr. yesterday and we are dropping the new BP med and going back to half the old one (for now) starting today. We'll see if we can hit a happy medium - LOL (I sure hope so - we all know I'm dizzy enough without meds making me more so).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by ber643:
We'll see if we can hit a happy medium - LOL  
Bernie, Bernie, Bernie...you do know a "happy medium" is one of them fortune tellers on pot, don't you???

and why would you ever want to HIT one of those poor mis-guided souls anyway...tsk, tsk   :saywhat:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »
As a kid I started out with white hair (no fooling), by the time I got into 7th grde it was almost black, then when I joined the MC at 17 it was back to brown. Snuck right by blond without stopping somehow. (Now it's kinda salt and pepper, if I let it grow out - LOL)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
Well, then, the "dizz" aint cause yer a "dizzy blonde".

any better since the med change??? Might take a few huh???  :)

thanks for enjoying the joke!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©