INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: ShaftSlinger & LongArrow  (Read 1424 times)

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
ShaftSlinger & LongArrow
« on: October 11, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
You will have to bear with me as I try to work thur this..It maybe long and.. maybe my last..First...Tradgang means the world to both of us, thanks to everyone! As most of you know I lost my brother & best friend (ShaftSlinger)to cancer in Jan '11. It has affected me in ways no one will understand. Harold was 74...I'll be 60 next month. Sep 25, (funny how you seem to remember important dates), working outside I get faint/lightgs headed, so I took a break. Thing continue to get worst, fatigue, weakness, dizzle, pain in the chest. My brother Darrell and I was at the hunting camp 3 Oct, (our wives had a taken themselfs to LA for a week of gambling & the good life!) Darrell asked if I wanted to hog hunt tonight, I told him I'd rather not, just not feeling up to it. Well the next morning, I tell him he needs to take me to the nearest "Urgent Care"  unit. so 30 min later we arrive. We you say chest pain in hospital tha is worth a "hoot" watch out!! After 2 hours test, the doctor say he's sending me to "Big Hospital" where the "real doctors" work! Next thing you know in the red wagon going 80 MPH down the road! Let me tell you, when they pulled me out of wagon, I had 6 of the most beautful DOCTORS I've ever seem on top of me!! Where did the ladies come from!!  OK....After  2 days of test, ect,ect. Nothing wrong with my, It's as strong as a 18 year old! But good doctors keep looking... sent me down for an "Utral Sound" (Yea I told tehm I wasn't pregant) I'm not the smartest in the world, BUT I do know when,Bright RED, BLUE dots staring popping up on and an utltra sound, it may not be good. So next up is a CT scan of the stomach region. Yep those things take very good pictures! Yep...the cancer got me to! How bad? Like the Doc said...there is no good cancer...it goes from bad to badest, mine is the badest of all. He gave me 2 weeks to 12. Not many patients i my condition see 12 months. No operations, it cover the kindeys, stomach and pancres. He doing a very good job of making me comfy!! ANOTHER THING TO KEEP IN MIND, 2 years ago I was 100% cancer free, had a cancer physical, colon exam all the bells and whistles. In just 2 years, this thing could end my life today! SUPPORT St Judes!! Just keep us in your prayer. Having serverd 24 years in Army and several wars, my family is about as prepared for theis ans can be. You know the best part...here very soon, I'll be sitting the campfire with Mom & Dad, Harold (ShaftSling) Winford, SISSY and many many more family and friends.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ShaftSlinger & LongArrow
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
Very sorry to here this. I will pray for peace and comfort for you and your family. I like your sig line.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
I sit here with a heavy heart thinking what you must be going through.  My prayers go up for you.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
Prayers for your relationship with Jesus to be so secure you that and your family are at peace. Remember He paid the price for our entrance to heaven and our works help decorate our mansion. Prayers for comfort through this.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by BenBow:
Prayers for your relationship with Jesus to be so secure you that and your family are at peace. Remember He paid the price for our entrance to heaven and our works help decorate our mansion. Prayers for comfort through this.
Sometimes ole Galen just says it in a way that hits all points in one swing!

Indeed, my friend, Keep the Son in your eyes!

Peace...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
What can I say? Be strong and prepared,I'll pray for you and your family,we'll meet in the green praries.God Bless.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
longarrow, you've been through some rough times, but you got a handle on it, and are prepared to face it head on.  A tip of my hat goes out to you.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline Jan@Ace

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Rick - It's so hard to know what to say at a time like this. We just want you to know that we truly enjoyed spending time with you and Harold over the last several years when we would see you at the various shoots. May God give you comfort and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Bob & Jan

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
Praying for strength and peace. Your realistic approach shows both courage and faith worthy of His reward.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
You are in my prayers. I had the pleasure of knowing your brother through here. I still have the bow he made, and then refinished for me.
Your stance is amazing. God bless.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
You are with me in my Prayers !! Stay comfortable and may you have Peace knowing you will reunite with your brother and those who Hunt the Higher Grounds. May Peace be with you, God Bless
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
God speed Rickey. our hearts are heavy hearing this news but now know you are finally at peace with our Lord and reunited with your loved ones once again.Praying for your whole family for peace and comfort to all loved ones who lost a good and kind giving man this past Friday.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
God bless Be at peace

Offline Abear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
God Bless and prayers sent.

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
Praying for you Rickey.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
I will pray for you and you have to keep your head up and thoughts on the positive side. Either way you will find your path.God bless
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
May you find comfort in God. Praying now.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©