INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her  (Read 18416 times)

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2013, 01:41:00 AM »
prayer sent

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Prayers sent for a full recovery.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Beautiful!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
still praying  :pray:

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:00 AM »
Still praying for a cure!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
Need more prayers especially for mom & dad. Got this today from Lucca's mom.

Lucca is doing well. The home care nurse came out on Thursday to draw blood. Memorial always calls me to tell me the results. They told me her counts are on the rise and they feel that if they are good on Monday when we go to our appointment they will admit her and she will receive her third round of chemo as scheduled. I am a little disappointed. I was hoping that I could put this one off a little longer. We haven't even been home a week from the hospital and I dread going. And I don't want her to have this round. It is more potent. It will damage her hearing and I am not ready. Everything till this has been not so bad but I have this bad gut feeling that everything after this will be intense, more stressful, and so hard. I don't want to do it. I wish I could book us a flight to Hawaii and take our chances. It's stupid I know. I just don't want to do this. I hate it. I have a relatively happy baby right now and I am not confidant that it will continue. And I don't want her to have hearing aids and microphones for her teachers to talk in to so she can hear them. And maybe we will luck out and none of that will happen but I am not confidant and it's scary.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
Such torment for those parents.  A child that young cannot fathom, but by God's own understanding and peace, what is truly going on, but at that age, they have Extra Sensory Power and have to feel the tension in their parents.

Prayers will continue for this wee one as she begins more chemo... I can truly understand that mother's fear, even never having been there.  Whether to enjoy the child and let God drive the bus, or succumb to modern medicine and all it can do... and risk the side effects.

May God grant these parents peace of mind, a sense of calm and discernment without later guilt or qualms for whatever choice is made.  

His Will will be done with Elizabeth, but the parents are the ones who will feel the weight of what decision is made.

Lord, in Your Mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
God bless and keep this little one and her family.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »
I pray that treatment will be successful.  I pray that Lucca will have a long and happy life.  I pray that God grants us the courage and strength to accept His will.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
May a feeling of awe and peace settle upon Lucca's Mom and Dad. And, as others have said, may they be filled, absolutely filled , with God's strength and courage.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
We can only pray for guidance and understanding,hope and pray can relieve our burdens for awhile but ultimately it's in Gods hands,I pray for the best for the parents and the child.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
Amen, Larry...AMEN!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
Can't say it any better than Larry (Grinch) did.
We are all praying for this little doll and her family.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Lucca and family are going through another tough one.

The day started with little sleep. Once arriving here Lucca received a blood transfusion and a platelet transfusion. Her vitals were also being monitored closely because of the transfusions. After midnight she wasn't allowed to eat. Around 3:00 she had a crying fit and was hungry. It lasted about a half hour or so. Finally she settled down but she had to be held by me all night. Verlin and I tried to switch once but she got really upset. So he tried to sleep while I held her in the chair. About 5:30 am I couldn't take it anymore and asked if we could try to switch again. Thankfully she let it happen. Laying down felt so good. At 7:15 am they let us know she was headed for pre-op. she was awake and happy. I was surprised since she hadn't eaten but I was thankful. Once down in pre-op she fell apart. It got kind of crazy. We still didn't know the plan and hadn't seen anyone. The surgeon came to see us and explained the procedure. They planned to put a catheter in her groin. He discussed the risks and then said they would get started soon. The poor baby was screaming through everything so it was hard to have much of a conversation with him. Then anesthesia came explaining their part. The surgeon returned to say they needed to wait for her platelet count to come back and it may be an hour. Seriously an hour is a really long time when your baby is starving and can't eat. We waited and they had told us the harvest team would be in to discuss things with us but they never came. Then the anesthesia team came in and took her away. It was a little unsettleing. Sending your baby off when you don't even know the plan.....like how long the surgery is, will she be harvested for sure, where do we wait??? That was stressful and upsetting. Communication was definitely lost today and this whole weekend really. She made it through surgery successfully but her vein was torn by the catheter and they had to repair it. My understanding is this catheter is large, like as big as her vein, and it is in the largest vein running through her leg. The surgeon ( who has been awesome ) said she is little and that is why it happened. He repaired the damage but decided he wants to be the one to take it out. He feels like there are too many risks not to do it in the OR under a surgeons care. So that means tomorrow morning she will go back to surgery to have it removed. I pray there are no complications but I worry that because it has already been torn they may run into problems. We also have had some problems with it bleeding for us. It was saturated and seeping earlier. It seems to be fine for now but they are watching it closely. It is obviously painful for her too. She cried and cried for awhile and she is sensitive to the touch.  :(  She will be receiving two transfusions tonight one for blood and one for platlets. So that will mean another all nighter for Verlin and I. The same thing happened last night and I am pretty sure we each got two or three hours of sleep if we were lucky. We have the Ronald McDonald room and used it to shower. Thank goodness for that because in ICU it's a community bathroom....gross! We don't feel comfortable leaving each other alone with her for a night. She just needs too much and it's too hard for one person. We will be exhausted when we return home but this is what she needs and that's what is most important to us. We pray tomorrows surgery goes well and we are able to go home and get this baby and ourselves some rest.    
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2013, 01:36:00 AM »

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
Dear Lord....those poor parents! Please, Lord, strengthen and let them feel your presence. We know, Lord, that you have the baby held in your loving arms, but hold these parents as well. Thy will not our will, but healing is fervently sought for the child.Amen

Lord in your Mercy... hear our prayers.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Our children are the most important thing in our lives,Their struggles are ours and we can't help but feel helpless.Have Faith,continue to believe and spend as much time giving her comfort and hope,I'm praying for a bright and long future for Lucca,God Bless Larry.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
:pray:  Amen
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©