INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her  (Read 18417 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the prayers everyone. Here's an update from today.

Lucca's second surgery was successful. We went back to the OR about 10:30 am and she went back to surgery about 11:30 am. Her surgery was about an hour. The surgeon said she dis very well and he was glad he removed the line. He said it was as he had expected it to be so he was glad he sewed it up. When she came out she was a little groggy but mostly hungry. She ate 6 oz of pedialyte and once back in our room 5 oz of formula. That is a lot for her. Then she was happy. She looks good. I think she looks tired and her eyes look puffy to me but if i had been through what she has im sure i would look a lot worse. Her leg is swollen nd i just need to keep am eye on it. The surgeon would like for me to bring her back in two weeks to look at it. But once he realized where we lived he said he would see what he could do so that is to be determined. I never really said how well her harvest went yesterday but it was very successful. They were able to get enough cells for six transplants. So hopefully way more than we will ever need.

I dont really know much about what happens next. What i do know is she starts round four of chemo on monday. I also know the transplant will not happen for awhile. I believe the dr. Said it takes place six to seven months in. That wouls be about June for us. That will take place in chicago amd recovery time is about 6-8 week in hospital.

But today Lucca is ok and on the mend amd we are headed home ! Thank you for your prayers and good vibes. They help a lot. Big hugs to all of you!  
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Phrogdrvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
Praise God.  He is the Great Physician.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
Thank you, Lord...for what good news lies within all this...but it sure sounds overwhelming!

What that tiny child is going thru and the heart ache of her parents... gracious!

Continued prayers for the chemo and all to go well and all the rest of whatever is planned to being this baby girl to full restoration...

Lord in your mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Mooreski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
New to this site, but I can at least offer prayers. You don't have to be a "Pro" at that for God to hear.
Prayers for God to take this child in his hands and completely heal from head to toe. AMEN
"You can't build a reputation on what you are GOING to do." - Henry Ford

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
:pray:  still praying

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »
Like Zarch, we're still at work on this one!
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline mtnman1945

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
May the Lord Jesus in his wisdom grant our prayers for this child. In his name AHMEN
Surrender is not a Ranger word.

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2013, 01:25:00 AM »
May Lucca's suffering earn her a special place in God's heart, such that He will comfort her and heal her.  May all those who care for her, her parent and grandparents, her doctors and nurses be blessed for their care of God's little disciple.  May God grant the prayers of all those praying for Lucca.  Amen!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:00 AM »
Wow, sounds like she is quite the little trooper! Continued prayers for healing and that all will feel and know that God is close to them. That they are in the hollow of his hand.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
Lucca is finishing her 4th round of chemo today then they have to run fluids through her to clear out her kidneys. She had a lot of trouble with diarrhea this time but as you can see she's hanging in there. Thank you prayer warriors!

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
What a smile! What more proof do we need that God takes care of infants and ..... this child, facing horrific stuff, doesn't even comprehend it, but just trusts in those she depends on and is comforted by the medical staff, parents...and Our Father!

May His will be for her to be victorious and spread His love the rest of her life!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
shes beautiful  :pray:  glad to hear

Offline LouCompton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2013, 12:57:00 AM »
What a beautiful baby! Praise God for answered prayers and know that she will be in my prayers tonight.
Don't sit around and let things happen to you. Instead get busy and start making things happen FOR you. Get involved!

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2013, 01:51:00 AM »
still praying  :pray:  zarch

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
Latest on Lucca is she is having a tough go so keep the prayers coming.    
Poor Lucca....she is really struggling. She is very uncomfortable. Around midnight she started running a fever. The dr. came in to examine and they drew a blood culture and started her on antibiotics. Unfortunately nothing seems to be making her better at this point. The X-ray yesterday didn't show anything abnormal. The only thing we do know for sure is she does not have the bacteria infection they refer to as c-diff. Which is good. The blood culture takes 24 hours to grow, so we won't have answer about that till probably tomorrow. Dr Hertling (the other oncology dr) talked to me about possibly doing other imaging (an ultrasound or ct). To see if they can pin point the problem. She spoke of possibly putting her on a morphine drip but she is a little uneasy about doing that when they really don't know what is wrong with her, yet at the same time she wants her to be comfortable. So we will see what they decide. I feel so bad for her it's terrible. I can't set her down at all. She just cries and screams. So I hold her till I'm about to pee my pants and then I lay her down while she screams it out. I had to do the same this morning while I quick got dressed and brushed my teeth. I feel bad but I have to brush my teeth. I am sure if our favorite nurse has time today she will come by and hold her for me while I take a little break and eat something. Lucca is comfortable with her so that helps. She knows her. Hopefully we can find out soon what is wrong and make her better. I will keep you all posted.  

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
:pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
please watch over this little girl and family   :pray:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
That poor, poor child makes my heart ache...but the real ripper is those poor parents...to see her struggle and suffer like this must rip their hearts out!!

Whatever is God's will is what will happen... our job is to pray for healing "according to His Will" and for peace for the baby and strength for the parents to trust implicitly in Him.

Lord in your mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
No doing well :-(
"The CT provided some answers. Around 2:00 am we woke to change Lucca and her nurse had just administered an antibiotic. Verlin had been holding her (he was still here waiting for results). When I picked her up he noticed drops and a puddle on the floor. He went for the nurse and they came in. It looked like maybe her central line was backing up and blood was pouring out of the line. They quick clamped everything and looked for the problem but couldn't find anything. They decided it must have been bad tubing with the antibiotic. They switched everything out and it seemed to work fine, no blood. That was definitely scarey for a minute. The doctor came in after all of that to tell us what the CT showed. Her head was fine. But her intestines showed some colitis and inflammation. They decided to put her on another antibiotic and morphine for pain. It helped her sleep and rest for the night. Her blood cultures all came back negative. They are still waiting for a nasal swab to come back. That was just checking for any other viruses. She is still uncomfortable and in pain. She wants to be held and cuddled. Her white blood cell count is still zero. And she is still not eating. If she continues not eating on Monday they will give her different fluids with fats, and other nutrients. I do not foresee us leaving her any time soon. She just isn't making great progress. This was the first CT since the original one that took place at Riley. So of course everyone is curious about the tumor. Her is what we know. It is smaller. It does still invade the liver but it appears to be less. And there is something around the adrenal gland in a lymph nod. What we don't know is how much it has shrank and if the spot with the lymph nod is new or has been there. We don't know these things because Memorial doesnt have a copy of the original scan. So they are requesting that from Riley. Once they can compare images they should have a better idea of what's what. I feel like I have a copy so I'm going to have Verlin look and see if he can find it and bring it up. Obviously I am very curious. Hopefully we will know more soon and this baby will be better. It is only 10 days till we have to be back her for round five  :( "

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
That isn't the most encouraging thing I've read, but with God's help, anything is possible.  

I'm sure these parents know the % of risk involved and are as emotionally prepared as one can be about possibilities.

Prayers continue... somewhat heavy-hearted for the current news, but hope springs eternal and God has the final say!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©