INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her  (Read 18414 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
What a trooper like Lucca is --- and her parents.

Continued prayers for all to end well for this li'l tigress.  

Lord, In your Mercy....
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
prayers sent

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »
May she continue to fight, fight, fight!!!!!  Prayers sent on high to her, provide her the strength to keep that fire burning inside of her!!!
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
still praying  :pray:    :pray:

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Lucca started her 6th round of chemo yesterday. This chemo caused her a lot of pain last time so prayers are appreciated. Thanks prayer warriors!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Just got my internet back after 4 days... we won't go there...love when you only have one ISP choice!

Now...important stuff:  Prayers for Lucca to not have the level of pain...how confused that poor baby must be to have to go thru all this... but then she's so young, she may not know much else given her condition.

Lord, hear our prayers and spare this child and heal her. Thank you, Lord, Amen!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JMG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »
Thoughts and prayers from Pennsylvania,,,,God Bless!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
Here's a recent update from Lucca's mom. Some good news but still a long road.
Lucca has had some tough and irritable moments. Monday night was long with little sleep. Yesterday had some good moments but she struggled a lot. She was just uncomfortable and didn't feel good. Last night she did ok but unfortunately between loud things happening outside the room and an IV pump that kept beeping I didn't get much sleep again. Lucca has also been an early riser this week waking up at 6:30 and 7 am. She hasn't vomited at all yet. She also has kept an appetite so those things are good. She is just fussy but who wouldn't be. I did get word on the biopsy pathology and the two leasions that had samples taken from them came back negative. So that's great. There are many more tiny ones that the surgeons could not get to because it was causing too much bleeding but that is great news. Dr. Morrison said that there is some debate right now between Lucca's Chicago team whether or not it will be in Lucca's best interest to radiate her liver during the transplant time. The doctors are concerned that it may cause too much trauma at this time to her liver. The chemo she will receive damages the liver and she has a lot going on yet in her liver. So this will probably not be decided right away but it is something that is on the table and being discussed. She would still receive radiation it would just happen at a later date. Until then we will finish this round up and go from there. Thank you for keeping Lucca in your thoughts and prayers.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Only God could keep those parents sane and that child going! Just reading all that makes me want to take a nap! Gracious!

Can anyone reading that imagine all that happening to THEM, or to be the parent of a small child going thru that???!!! I cannot even begin to relate to all that!  :(

There is that thread of hope in there amidst all the trial and suffering that is so good the parents can see and illuminate to focus on.

They walk in faith, obviously!

Prayers continue for Lucca and the parents and medical team!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Thank you prayer warriors! Lucca's 6th round of chemo has gone amazingly well. No vomiting or diarrhea. Results are a happy baby.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
That picture and news just made my day!   :clapper:    :pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
Echo the "Dog's" sentiments!!!

What a beautiful child...and to smile thru all that she's endured!!!

I hope our prayers have helped, but I'd have to say that my money is on those incredibly faithful parents and their faith walk!

An amazing story of faith in the face of unending adversity! I've been privileged and learned from them and their trails!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
That pic has me in tears. Such triumph for such a little one!
Prayers of joy and thanks, as well as continued progress!
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »
Prayers of thanks for her progress and for continued healing!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »
beautiful god bless them all  :pray:    :pray:

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »
Lucca has been through a lot and has toughed it out but now she has to start her stem cell transplant. Here's her mom's update.
'It will be hard. Lucca will undergo four days of high doses of chemotherapy. Two of the medicines will be new the other two she has had before. She will be very sick by day 7 or so once the medicines have taken over and killed all of her cells. She may need to be intabated if the mucucitis gets too bad. She will struggle, there is no doubt. She will have fevers and be on antibiotics and may need another feeding tube. But if she can be strong enough she will be ok. If she can't and it gets the best of her we will lose her, and that is a reality. Not me feeling sorry for myself. I have accepted this. And I really think that all of you who are close to me should too. This is real. And I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but I don't want the reality of the seriousness of what is taking place to be dismissed. And I know all of you understand but I just don't feel comfortable dismissing the fact that she could die. '

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Amazing parents! Said it before and it still rips me to read such things, but they are indeed amazing in their walk of faith. Reality is FAITH.  Accepting what is that one cannot control, and doing so with reverence and acceptance takes a special level of Faith in God.

Just because Lucca toughed thru the other stuff doesn't mean, as her mother says, that she will come thru this.

Lucca will be fine either way...with loving parents here or her Father in Heaven--- but my heart goes out to these courageous parents.

Lord, in Your awesome Mercy, if it be your will, spare this child that she may witness to your Love. Amen.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
:pray:  Amen
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
well said doc prayers sent from R.I.  :pray:    :pray:   :pray:amen

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
God please help Little Lucca get through this next stage of traetment...I pray you give Lucca the strength to hold on and fight this terrible battle...Please help this little one Father God as I and many others feel she's part of our Tradgang family as we pray and wait to hear for good results...We pray in Jesus name you will heal her warn out little body...
 God bless you little Lucca we love you!
                          Keefers <><

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©