INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her  (Read 18373 times)

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
We lost our boy this year, just a day shy of two.  We're praying that you don't experience it-that she has a long, long and happy life ahead of her-and that you're there for as long as God wants you there.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Ed, Sorry to read of your loss...and yes, God's Will, but we still pray that it may be for Lucca to get thru this and recover, but even her Mamma recognizes that God's will might be different.

Prayers for peace for Lucca's family as they watch their child struggle and for you, Ed, and your family as you continue to heal!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
Galen it aint right God bless her and   :pray:  for the family
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »
God Bless Lucca and heal her. Praying for her and her parents.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
Prayers of comfort for you and family halfseminole.
Lucca is going through the side effects of the heavy chemo she received. They will soon start the infusion of the stem cells they previously harvested from her. They will be in the hospital for 3-5 more weeks as they watch for any negitive reactions and to be sure she is healthy enough to leave. Half way there on this tough leg. Praise God and thank you prayer warriors!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: May 27, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Yes, we're told to Praise Him for even our trials! Lucca's family has plenty then to praise...

I'm still overwhelmed what it must take for parents to watch such a wee one go thru all this, knowing it may still not work...

Prayers for full healing and total restoration for the wee one to be a 'Chosen One' to follow His lead for her life
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Update from Lucca's mom
"Today was a little tough for Lucca. She had more vomiting and was exhausted. She slept on and off all day. She is miserable. The morphine drip helps manage her pain so she isn't whimpering or anything you can just tell when you look at her, there are no Lucca smiles right now. Her eyes look sad and tired. She vomitted a bright green color today. The nurse said it was probably stomach lining or stomach stuff. The chemo and mucositis break down the lining in your stomach. You could tell it was painful for her. it wasn't a lot but it was uncomfortable for her. Not that vomiting is ever a pleasant experience. We just spent the day holding her and trying to make her feel comfortable."
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: May 28, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
My gracious... how will that li'l child ever come to understand all that she is going thru...?

Faith that God helps those who are so small live by trust and not question like we older ones often do...

Prayers that this horrific treatment regimen will run it's course, do it's desired work and Lucca can come thru this whole, well, and smiling once again.

Prayers for these courageous parents!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
Lucca is a tremendous fighter.  I pray she feels better.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Shortlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: May 28, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Our Father in Heaven, thank you for your love for us. I praise you for all things. We know Jesus loves little children and told us to have such faith as them. Please heal this precious child. We know she will be healed in Your way and Your time. Please be with her family during this trying time and comfort them through Your Holy Spirit. We remember your promises and ask for You to heal her body. All praise and glory and honor to You, Lord. In the matchless name of Jesus, Amen.
Ask me about the Professional Bowhunters Society.
Bobby Parrott

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
I'm still here praying for this baby and family. I shared this today with my wife and she was in tears. SO we will be lifting you all up x 2.
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: May 29, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
It's really getting tough, prayers please.
"Last night and today have been very difficult for Lucca. She has been running high fevers. Her heart rate was accelerated, she has blisters/sores on her lip and inside her mouth (mucacitis), she drools and just can't seem to get comfortable. Last night and today she would just tremble and shake as I held her. It's awful. I didn't sleep at all. I was really worried about her. She also looked as if she was turning blue and purple on her hands and her face looked really pale almost gray. When the transplant team arrived I told them my concerns. They examined her closely and said this is pretty normal of what happens. They told me the mucacitis will get worse. She may drool blood and have more sores and blisters. It's a horrible side effect for sure. I'm not sure I can handle having her in so much pain, as if I have a choice. The stem cells that were given today went fine. She did not have a reaction at all. The nurse said this is the only transplant she has been in where the child didn't react. The smell is gross though. I have never been a fan of creamed corn and I surely won't be now. They upped her morphine so I hope that will help her feel better. And her heart rate has come down a lot which I am very glad about. I think it is really good Verlin and I are both here. I'm not sure I could keep doing this alone. I am not looking forward to him having to leave. I hope she is a lot better by next Wednesday."

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
Ohhh, Lord.  With Tears, I come to you publicly. Only you know the extent of those of the Faith of Lucca's parents and their endurance in times like this, but just reading this drives me to my knees... wondering how they watch their baby go thru all this is beyond my comprehension.  I guess that is how it was as you watched us torture and murder your Son so long ago...

Only thru Faith and Your Holy enduring love, can this family hold together and Lucca make it thru.

We ask in your Son's name, Lord, for healing for this child and peace for her parents in this great hour of need.  They have held strong in their faith, but now give them that peace that passes all understanding to continue to endure and Trust in your will and ways, Lord. Amen

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JMG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
Oh Lord,,hear our prayers for Lucca. Bless this child with your Devine Love Lord. Please help her as well as her family through this difficult time of their lives. Give Lucca as well as her parents strength through your enduring unyielding Love to make it through this storm. Amen Lord.

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
It's been a rough night and a ways to go. Thanks for the prayers. Lucca's mom is getting insights we all need to concider.
"I have to retitle these entries because I can't keep the days straight. So maybe this way I can keep things together because they write the date on a dry erase board in our room, so that should help. You know how they say before you die your life flashes before your eyes? well that kind of happens too when your child is in a life threatening situation. The difference is their life flashes before you and you think about all the things you should have done better. Like not being so concerned about your house being cleaned and instead you should have played with them more. Or how selfish it was that you complained that your hips and body hurt from holding them all night because they were sick because now you would sit forever just holding them. Or wishing they would just go to sleep because you are so tired and now it doesnt matter, you would give anything for that time back. And then you think that it can't end now because there hasn't been enough time for them or for you together. Or for life. And then everything gets slow like in the movies and on TV like it's not really happening. We had a really difficult night and day with Lucca. Everything that I had been worried about yesterday intensified today. Her heart rate was higher and wouldn't settle down, her blood pressure started to get really low, her fevers stayed high and would not break, and she was shaking and moaning. I started to notice her belly looking distended and hard. Verlin noticed her feet looking blue and purple. By 2 pm the doctors started to become concerned as well. Before I knew it we were in the ICU. They had about 10 people drawing blood, starting antibiotics, checking pulses, charting, you name name it. There as a swarm. They gave her a few boluses of fluid, more blood, and more platelets. She had X-Rays and an ultrasound. The good news is no fluid in her lungs or VOD ( the liver clotting that can be a side effect). The bad news is she definitely has an infection. So now she is stable. She still has high fevers, mucacitis, an elevated heart rate, and shakes from time to time. She also has a distended belly they believe is due to the mucacitis and the bowel being swollen. The intestine lining is most likely coming off which is swelling her belly and bowel. This should regress in a few days or so once her neutrophils ( white blood cells) start to return. Her blood pressure is stable. She is on two different medications to help regulate it for now. She needs to be monitored closely for awhile. The concern is the infection. There isn't much you can do. She is on a number of antibiotics and we just have to hope that is enough to support her till her counts return. The soonest we would see any nuetraphils would be the beginning of next week. So this is a really crucial time for her and a scarey time for us. For awhile today I wasn't sure what would happen. I didn't know if she was going to be ok. I'm still not sure. And I feel like if she isn't ok will I have done enough for her? Will I have spent enough time enjoying her? Will I remember her giggle and her voice? I'm scared its not going to work out like I want it too and I will be left empty wishing I had done more."

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Your love could not be more evident and we know you folks are doing everything possible. Praying for strength for you all. My heart goes out to you in facing such a crsis, day in and day out.
God's Peace to all who care for this family.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
I need to drink more water! Reading these, tears seem to just flow so easily...and that's not something that happens too often...

I just cannot imagine. I pray for Lucca's healing, of course, but that this anguish of "what if" and "did I do enough" for those anguished parents is soon replaced with a peace from God where they know they've pleased Him with their devotion to one of His own wee ones!

Lesson for us all. Guilt is a easy trap and wasted emotion.  We are human, and but for God's love and Grace, would seldom ever do anything RIGHT... His love is reflected in our Love for others.

Peace for them all. Healing for Lucca!  

Lord in your Mercy

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Prayers needed. Seems like the ICU team is slacking.
"Lucca still remains in a lot of pain. Her belly has enlarged more and is tender to the touch. They believe this is all a result of the mucacitis and her bowel is inflamed. She has drk circles under her eyes because she isn't able to rest or sleep much. She is pooping straight blood and has a yellow drool coming out of her mouth. They did try a new pain med called duloted ( sp?). We were a little nervous for them to use it because the last time she received it at Riley she stopped breathing but it seems to have helped a little. But it's not enough.

My biggest apprehension and worry at this point is her pain. She can't rest, she looks gray, and it just awful. I was up with literally all night. She just couldn't sleep because she was in so much pain. It's frustrating because the transplant team tells us her pain should be managed she shouldn't have any yet the ICU seems really slow in changing things or upping her medicines to make her comfortable. And we are all exhausted. I just want her to be able to rest. I'm sure they are tired of me complaining about her pain but it really bothers me. Especially when the transplant team tells me it should be managed. I know this for sure if there is nothing else wrong and this is all due to the mucacitis then well this stuff is really viscous, way worse than I realized and never seems to end. And I think this is day 6 so she has maybe 4 more days of agony till it starts to get better.  :(  "

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
Hang in there Lucca and Family.. I pray those 4 days are quickly behind you and rest and peace will come again.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©