INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her  (Read 18372 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
Amen, Charlie...

It is amazing what the human body, even one that small, can endure when God wills it to be.

Lord in your Mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Dear Lord please help this child    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
I have been following this very closely and have had Lucca and her family in my constant thoughts Prayers. I ask God publicly to please ease this beautiful child's pain and to give the family that beautiful smile that Lucca so graciously needs and wants to share.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
prayers sent for lucca and family  :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
Its been four days. Hopefully that treatment is over and she is on the road to recovery. I'm praying hard. God Bless.    :pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Here's the last update. Can't imagine how hard this is on the parents.
"Lucca is still struggling. Her belly is measuring 54 1/2 cm in diameter. That's the biggest it has ever been. She is in so much pain and is having a very difficult time breathing. Last night was awful. She could not get comfortable to sleep and her pain couldn't be managed. Her heart rate was rising and her blood pressure was low. It's really frustrating. They gave her lasix to try to get her to pee out the extra fluid but its not working that well. She is swollen all over and pale and gray. I think she is even turning a bit yellow. They just did an ultrasound. As much as I want it to show nothing I want it to show something so we can fix it. I hate seeing her suffer and not being able to do anything. And no one is sleeping. I know she is exhausted. The all nighters are killing everyone.

We have not had any bloody stool since yesterday. They have changed to a blackish green. I don't know if that's good or bad. They tell me her white blood cell count is still rising. It's not 1 yet but .09 or something. They continue to reassure me it will get better but it may get worse before it gets better. It just is really hard on everyone. I can't imagine her having to be in more pain. They talked yesterday about putting her on methadone. I immediately thought wow that's pretty hardcore. At this point I'm up for anything though just for her to be able to have some relief.
Verlin and I are completely exhausted. We have been up most of every night since we arrived in the ICU a week ago. It's been really hard. The little girl next door passed away yesterday.  :(  It was really sad to watch. When I returned from taking a shower her family was outside the hospital crying and outside her room crying. I wanted to start crying too. I can't completely understand how they feel but I think I have an idea. "
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
lord please hear our prayers for this little please ease the pain for this little girl and hurt for these poor parents i cant even imagine in gods name amen    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:  amen prayers from rhode island

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
My heart aches with these parents...

Lord, In YOUR awesome Mercy...hear our prayers.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
Lucca is doing better praise God! Her white count is near normal. She still has a tough go but your prayers are working.

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
God bless her!
I will keep her and her family in my daily prayers.
Such a beautiful ANGEL!

......Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
So precious.  Continued prayers for all healing.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:   Praise be to GOD!
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
Here's mom's update. I can't thank all of you enough. God's blessings to you all.
"What a difference a day can make. Lucca is doing a lot better. They were able to wean her off the sedative which meant we were able to move back to the sixth floor. We have our old room again and we have a bathroom!  :)  The room is way bigger and more comfortable and no community bathroom is great. It's like I went from being at camp to being in a hotel. Her belly pain seems to have gotten much better. She isn't nearly as sensitive. She sat up today a few times and played with toys. By this evening I got a smile. It was so nice to see. They wanted me to start feeding her pedialyte so I tried this evening and she drank 3 ounces. She held onto her bottle for a long time. I think she missed it. The doctors were so excited to see her progress. There are still some areas of concern. Her belly and her heart rate. They feel her belly may take time to go down. Her heart rate has been high all day. They feel it could be withdrawal from her pain meds. So we will have to wait and see. But all in all she is doing great. I couldn't ask for more. To see her smile today meant so much. It means she really feels better. Our goals now are weaning off of pain meds and being off antibiotics. The stem cell transplant team told me today that by Monday they should have a really good idea of how much longer she will have to stay in patient. I asked if it may be a couple weeks and they thought that was way too long. After we are discharged we will be at the Ronald McDonald house for 1-2 weeks depending on how she is doing and how her blood levels are. I don't know many specifics in terms of when radiation will start, what Lucca will be allowed to do, or time frames but I am sure that will all be clear over the next week. But for today she has made incredible progress and that makes me very happy. I love this baby so much and I am so glad to not see her in such agony. Yay for her today!"

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: June 13, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
Fantastic!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
Touching beyond words!

Thank you, Lord!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: June 13, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »
And again I weep with JOY! God is GOOD all the time. Lord thank you for this report. You are AWESOME and in power.  Thank you for that and never let us forget it.
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
Thank you LORD   :thumbsup:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Such a beautiful baby. My prayers go out to the child and her family. Thanks for the update. God is good!    :pray:
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
thats great glad to hear prayers sent   :pray:    :pray:    :pray:  for lucca and family

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©