INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her  (Read 18364 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lucca will start her Stem cell transplant & it could kill her
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at that type thing surfacing... they have totally bombed that child's whole system to stop the cancer and such...

God brought her this far...if she has to live with hearing impairment, and can be cancer free, I'm sure her parents will find ways to help her cope.

On the other hand...perhaps the Good Lord will see fit to allow her full recovery of all systems.

Lord, In your awesome Mercy... hear our prayers.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
Lucca met with her Drs and they described her progress as "Amazing,awesome, & remarkable"
He's watching over her and walking through it with her. May God richly bless all of you prayer warriors.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »
Good to see God's still showing Dr's that HE is in charge! Great news!

Better than GREAT!

Thanks for the updates, Galen...and the privilege to carry this dear child and family in prayers!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2013, 02:29:00 AM »
That is great to hear!  Prayers are offered for Lucca's continued recovery.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
That smile is a gift from above! Prayers continue for Lucca and those who love her.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: August 08, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
hey Brother Ben i am so happy for you and your family that little girl is a joy to see smiling after all she has been put through God Bless y'all. jeff   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :pray:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
Prayers continue for this dear, sweet child and the family/parents that have fought beside her so steadfast in faith!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
Prayers sent from SC
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Lucca starts the immunotherapy today it will still be hard but not like the chemo, stem cell transplant, or the radiation but it will be a week a month for 6 months. But mom is burned out from the stress so prayers for Mary are appreciated.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
Such a beautiful child--- and her Mom seems so radiant in the few pics you've shared...but that level of watchfulness and stress has to take a toll, even on such faithful ones as they!

Prayers continue for the wee one, Lucca, and for her Mother, Mary and father,--- that the Lord will hold them all close to his heart and carry them when needed.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Here's an update on Lucca.
"Immunotherapy is hard. Yesterday Lucca was in a lot of pain. It took all day do get her morphine dose to the right place where she could feel some relief. They tell me it's painful, a lot of kids complain that there bellies hurt and their legs and arms. She must have been hurting because she cried and whimpered most of the day and just seemed agitated. The beginning of the day was difficult because she felt good but she couldn't move around the way she wanted so she was incredibly frustrated. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I could not help her be happy. I asked the nurse what other moms with babies her age do and she said they put them in a crib. So we got a crib but its confining so its just really hard. Thankfully she sleeps a lot now that the morphine has kicked in. I can't really put her down too long. Sometimes long enough to go potty and other times not. So showering is out. I'm not sure how I will get one of those in. I'm just living for Friday when this is over. "

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: August 20, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
I cant commend mom enough. I wont say I know what you are going through because every case like this is a little different but I have been through a similar situation and can understand your feelings. I have a grand daughter that was very ill from the day she was born. Spent months upon months upon months in the Hospital with her.Drove her to other childrens hospitals looking for solutions because you hear they are a little better. St Luis, Houston, was going to be Boston next but she got to ill to travel that far and she couldn't fly so it was back to Denver. Showers and a little down time was usually 2 or 3 am.  You pray 24/7, harder than you have ever prayed before. Emotions run wild...extreme lows to being ecstatic over some little tidbit of good news. I want to encourage her to hang in there...nothing is guaranteed but I have good feelings about this little one and I know she has a very strong force of prayer warriors  working hard. I am proud of her! I cant tell you how many time I saw parents bring in their sick kids, drop them off and tell the staff to call when they are better. Hard to believe. I will keep praying...Please Lord. And please tell her if she ever needs to talk to somebody that may understand a little, I'm here....just pm me and I will give you my phone#
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: August 20, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
Wow...

MOre difficult times for that poor, poor child.  Will she ever know peace and childhood joy?

Only God knows but He's been with her through thick and thin and the only way parents can endure to this level is thru the Holy Spirit's presence and strength!

Mark, you sound like you've had a rough road too...

May God bless all families who struggle and devote themselves so incredibly to children with such major ailments...

Hard to understand that folks would drop a child and leave. We all cope differently I suspect...but that is so very sad!

Lord in your Mercy, hear our prayers

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
prayers sent for that beautiful little girl and also the parents   :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Lucca is still very much on my prayer list.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: August 28, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Lucca's first birthday today. Thanks prayer warriors for riding out this long rough journey for her and family      :campfire:  
Here's a new picture

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: August 28, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
First? You mean that child went thru all this in her first year of life on earth?!

Oh, my... I constantly am overwhelmed to think what she and this family/parents have been thru.

It's been a personal pleasure and humbling experience to keep these people lifted up in prayer! They are true believers!  And as such, a true inspiration to me!

Prayers continue thru this next stage of healing!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: August 28, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
Another new picture. Looks like an overcomer doesn't she!

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: August 28, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
Happy Birthday Lucca!! And a lifetime more.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »
What an adorable "munchin"

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©