INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: i need a little help  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Whitehawk23

• Trad Bowhunter
i need a little help
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »
Hey yall, I ain't gonna try to write a book or give you my life story so ill try to keep it quick. anyways, well I'm a soldier at ft Campbell KY, about a year and a half ago I landed wrong when I was doing airborne parachute training. Well ever since then I started having seizures. (Seizures stem from traumatIc Issues I.e deployments, stress, chIldhood etc) I will be getting a medical discharge here in the next month building bows is probably the first thing I've found that takes my mind off of everything (with helps the seizures) and if yall could my wife and I could really use some extra prayers because I have no idea what were gonna do. so a prayer for God to put us in the right direction would be great. thank you and God bless
"Good enough" is never good enough

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: i need a little help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
Amen for God's guidance & grace.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »
:pray:  for guidence
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
Prayers from here.

Thank you for your service to us all here..
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Whitehawk23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Thank yall for the prayers. np nosight, just trying to do my part in this world.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Sorry to hear of your truncated career in the military and the injury.

Just keep on keeping on.  You won't make a living at building bows, but you should get decent exercise and as you said, ability to keep focused helps the seizure issue.

My prayers for you to spend quiet time with Him and asking Him to provide you with insight, discernment, strength to persevere and Peace that passes human understanding.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Whitehawk23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
Thanks doc that really helps

Offline So-Mo Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
Prayers arising for His leading and love in your time of trial, brother.

Lord, please bless and keep Whitehawk and his wife as they are tried by the world. Your peace and mercy be with them always. In Jesus' most holy name,  amen.
Matt

Ben Pearson Rogue, 55 @ 28
SoMo Red Warrior, 47 @ 28
Compton's
NCBA
NCWRC Hunters Ed Instructor
"The shortest answer is to do the thing!" - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Whitehawk23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
Amen. thank you

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
Sometimes when our plans are interrupted, we are forced to think more openly of possibilities.  It may be time for your wife and you to be completely honest with each other and write down the five or ten or whatever dream jobs each of you could ever have.

Maybe a career in physical therapy, teaching, gunsmithing, nursing, engineer or training dogs.  Evaluate all dream jobs based on what skills do you have, what training or education would you need, and how will you get that training.  What income or benefits will your careers provide, etc.  Put as much thought as you can into this process and at least you will have the satisfaction that you are making a good effort to control your own destiny.

While trying to figure this out, try a little volunteer work once or twice a week; something to get out and care for someone else.  This will give you a sense of contribution to your community and take your minds off your own plight for a short while.

In the meantime, keep praying.  We will too!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Whitehawk23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »
That's pretty good advice bowslinger I've been kinda brain storming for a few months but I can never make up my mind on anything. I'm only 24 but I havnt really found anything I'm good at that would pay the bills so that's the road bump were hitting now. And thank you for the prayers/ advice.

Offline Phrogdrvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
Whitehawk,

First, praying for you; that God will give you peace and direction.

Second, thanks for your service.

Third, please use your post 9-11 GI Bill, I bet there's a way you can get trained by a master bowyer here on tradgang and all the while get paid as an apprentice by your GI Bill that you earned.

If you have any questions or need anything please don't hesitate to PM me.

Maj Tom USMC

Offline Whitehawk23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
Thank you Tom. That thought actually never crossed my mind. I didn't know that being an apprentice was even possible. thank you foe the advice and prayers

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
Whitehawk, If you haven't yet, check with VA Vocational Rehab. They will assist you with training so that the transition to civilian life will be a bit easier. If you aren't sure just where to head, this will be a good start. I am assuming that you will either be service connected disabled upon leaving the Army, or will be medically retired. You have earned the right to get assistance from the VA. Thank you for your service, and Merry Christmas.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Amen and prayers for everyone of them

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
Prayers for guidance and vision are offered for you and your wife.
Major Tom had some good advice there. You earned the right to access those services.
Might want to think about locksmithing and security. Pays well and easy on the body. Many specialties within the trade.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Whitehawk23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 04:04:00 AM »
Thank talk I appreciate all the advice and support it means a lot. especially from total strangers. talk are so darn good men( or women) thank talk again

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
Justin,

The thanks is from us to you.  You were there for us, standing in the gap when all this happened to you.

It's OUR DEBT to you to find and provide for those who wish a "hand up" and not just a "hand out!"

Leave no stone unturned...be tireless and persistent in your pursuit through the red-tape jungle.

Your best payback to us would be to allow for the military and VA and OVR to put you right again and in a viable career...then enjoy your life and be productive! We all Win!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
Justin, First let me say Thanks for your service to still Great country. There are several giving you good advice here but your have the right thought pattern when you seek the advice of our Heavenly Father.

Jeremiah 29:11-12
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

If you have been born again this is what you can claim into your life. God has your back and a plan for your life. I will pray that he will reveal it to you real soon....... Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 02:01:00 AM »
prayers sent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement