INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Leaving in 6 hours...To bring "Darci" to a Forever home...  (Read 1742 times)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Leaving in 6 hours...To bring "Darci" to a Forever home...
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
Please if you all will keep me and my family in your prayers throuhgout the next few weeks if you all will...We are planned to fly out of Country on the 12th of Jan. and return home on the 24th with our third adopted little girl....Thank you and God Bless!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leaving in 6 hours...To bring "Darci" to a Forever home...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
Don't drink the water, Keef!  :)

if you have internet like last time, keep in touch...

You and the Mrs are doing a wonderful thing, along with a bunch of good people, adopting these unwanted Chinese girls... Your other two are the cat's whiskers!

Peace, strength, patience while there... WE'll keep the light on for ya!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
Doc,
 Thanks buddy I know I can count on ya...We leave B.W.I. around 6.00 sumthing go to Chicago and leave there around 11:40 and then a 13 hr.45 min flight to Bejig and jump another flight from there to our childs providence that's another few hours flight..Then at our last landing we meet our guide and get a hotel for a quick nap and then they hand us our screaming little girl..I don't sleep good on any plane and stayed up a total of 56 hours last time just in the travel time and waiting at the gates etc. ...I saw my Dr. today and she gave me something to knock me out on the plane heading to Bejig cause if not I'll stay awake through all those flights and gate hopping...Hope I don't pass gas,snore or scratch myself while I'm out..    :rolleyes:

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
Well, at least if your out, you won't know you did any of those things!

It is a wonderful thing you are doing, providing that child with opportunities she never would likely have.  It is truly God's work at hand!

God Bless you and prayers for a safe flight both ways!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Phrogdrvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
We'll be praying.  My wife was adopted as an infant from S. Korea- 37 years ago.  Boy am I glad her parents  did that.

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
I'll be praying for you as well. I too think this is a great thing you are doing for this baby.......
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
I have a grandniece from China. Very cool when people do this! Prayers for a safe journey!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
Prayers for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by Keefer:
Doc,
 ...Hope I don't pass gas,snore or scratch myself while I'm out..     :rolleyes:  
:rolleyes:  ONLY YOU, would worry about that keef...    :knothead:    :bigsmyl:

Just don't take em w/ beer! Or your poor wife will be wheeling you around in a wheelchair passed out!  

Last time, there were some "delays" that held up the transfer of your wee one... hope it's as smooth as you predict this time --aside from travel issues!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
It takes mighty special folks to open your hearts and home the way you do. Prayers and blessings for you and your expanding family!
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
Good luck, be safe and congratulations!
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Prayers from here..
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline So-Mo Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
Godspeed, Keefer!

God be with you and the Mrs throughout the trip, and may He forgive you for anything the meds cause you to do!  :laughing:
Matt

Ben Pearson Rogue, 55 @ 28
SoMo Red Warrior, 47 @ 28
Compton's
NCBA
NCWRC Hunters Ed Instructor
"The shortest answer is to do the thing!" - Ernest Hemingway

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers...We are truely blessed with these two and next week we travel to bring home Darci Ande and Kaci's little sister...I pray for her biological birth mother cause we have no clue how this effects her to have to abandon a child but we pray she knows she will be in a loving,caring,home where God is always first and formost...Please pray for Ande and Kaci as we are leaving them with a lady in our church to care for them while we are away..This is the first time we must leave them with someone else and we are heart broken we couldn't afford to take them both on this trip with us...Pray Darci will one day be able to use her hands due to missing both thumbs and wrists are clubbed at a severe angle...Here are a few pics of our first two and these pics are summer before last but enjoy...Thank you all once again for the prayers and travel mercy's for us...God Bless...
                             Keefers <><

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
Oh almost forgot... Can you tell me where this idea for the arrows came from ? A clue is in your bible...I have to have Art Vincent add one more to this....  :archer:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
Just got back from a small trip of my own...

Will be thinking of you as you snore and scratch your way through a day of flight travel!

Prayers for the girls while you're gone. I'm sure they'll do better than you and Mom! Rest in the reality that they KNOW how much you two love them and how much the Lord loves them.

Keep the Son in your eyes! (and your new book out of the diaper bag)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline eddings220

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Psalm 127:3-5

My wife and I had our third child 3 years ago, I was 42 and my wife 41, not a planned pregnancy and we were a little worried due to our age. The Lord took me to that precise scripture and reminded me that He is in control. I admire you more than you can imagine for what you and your wife are putting your hands to in opening up your hearts and home to these beautiful little ones. May the God of all grant you safe passage to and from your destination, and may you feel the love that He has for you. And I would also say with confidence...He is proud of you and your wife for your sacrifice and love.  Thank You and please relay my thanks to your wife as well.
"Respect & Integrity" - Two things that will get you a long way with God and with men.  Mark Eddings

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 05:33:00 AM »
Mark,
   You read the exact scripture and I had Lee Hoots put that on my recurve a few years ago as a reminder to me He does indeed answer prayers...Thank you sir and I appreciate your prayers....Did you notice the ladybugs crawling on those two arrows? Just a little extra touch of Art Vincent's talant...

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
A beautiful story, the one about the arrows. I have a book, "Bows and Arrows of the Bible", that does a very nice job of explaining the reference of a "full quiver".

Bless you and your family. I'm praying you have a safe trip.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
It's almost time everyone...We leave in 6 hours to drive to the airport so I will post updates here when we get to Nanjing...Thanks everyone for lifting us up in prayers...God Bless,
                       Keefers <><

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©