INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Daughter needs your prayers  (Read 4861 times)

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daughter needs your prayers
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »
Larry, do you have a grandson or daughter?

Father, we know you are the Great Physician, who hears and answers our prayers. We ask you to sustain your creation you formed in the mother's womb; to give breath, strength, and a stubborn will to live, protected from virus and bacteria by your loving hands. May the child grow in your shadow, look to your light, and follow your path. In Jesus name, we ask. Amen.
CoilSpring

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »
Grand Daughter,emma grace.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Prayers for God's loving arms to surround Emma Grace
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
Beautiful name, Larry.

May God's Grace rest on her and protect and strengthen her daily to come home full of vim and vigor.

Prayers for peace for the rest of the family during this trying time!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
The neonatal nurses will tell you the baby girls have a better chance statistically - but that's just the way God made them -to continue his creation - tougher than us guys. The C-section is a lot less stress on a premie than a natural birth - that's a BIG PLUS for your grand daughter.

If your daughter can "pump", the immununities she passes to "Emma Grace" will give her the best chance.

My daughter (our miracle girl) was 14 weeks  early- dark hair and fingernails scratching - she turns 19 next month.  She was 1 lb-13oz, swollen, and not given any chance to live. She lost half a pound of fluid weight the first week, dropping to 1 lb-3oz. She was the size of a large grey squirrel w/o the tail - 13" long.  

Hundreds of prayers and 100 days in the hospital later, we brought her home on a breathing and heart monitor at 4 lb 12oz. Jaimi is working on homework as I type.    :)  

I pray for your miracle girl too: That you get to hold her, when she weighs more than the blanket. That she smiles at you and laughs out loud. That she holds your pinky in her little hand, and you thank God for His "Grace" in your and your daugther's lives.

If my wife or I can help in any way, or can answer any questions, please PM a phone number and we'll be glad to give you a call.

God Bless.
CoilSpring

Offline mtnman1945

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
At Wednesday evening Bible Study we will be sending prayers from 47 people.  May the Lord Bless you Kasey and may Jesus hold you and your baby in his arms.
Surrender is not a Ranger word.

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
Emma Grace is indeed a beautiful name! May God grant Emma Grace a long,healthy, and prosperous life!  Prayers for all sent in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 07:24:00 AM »
Praying for little Emma, your daughter and you.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Tim my daughter is doing everything you mentioned.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Awesome Larry.  As you've learned this is a very high-stess event, not only for the baby, but for your daughter and her spouse.  I saw serveral couples struggle "relationally" during such an event, especially when there where serious child health complications. Please encourage both parents to seek counselling from a trusted clergy staff or hospital counsellor - it will go a long way to recovery: spiritually, and relationally. They have a tough (and long) road ahead, even when things go well physically with the baby.

Praying for all these things...
CoilSpring

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Larry,
Prayers on the way from our family for yours.
Jed
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
Just an update,Emma is holding her own so far,hasn't gained much weight but were still hoping she will,thanks for youe continued prayers Larry.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
Prayers for continued healing
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Larry, the first couple of weeks are the worst for weight gain.  Those premies go from a God-designed perfectly-protected womb, to the real world of stress too early.  It takes a few days to adapt from the shock of change in conditions.  

Jesus has Emma Grace in his hands; may we all trust Him to protect her in this new world. Continued prayers for her growing body, mind, and spirit.

How is your daughter?
CoilSpring

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Amen to Tim's words...Amen and AMEN!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Kasey is holding up well it really kills her to leave Emma but the hospital is an hour and a half away and she isn't travelling well after her hospital stay,she has a monitor which transmitts images of Emma to her computer so she can moniter all the time.I know as soon as she's able she'll be making the trip more often.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
There is no doubt in my mind, Larry, that young'un of yours is tough as nails... and while having that "Simmons" caring heart, has inner strength of her Daddy, which I suspect learning over time, came from OUR FATHER and your faith.

Prayers continue for one and all thru this ordeal.  Prayers for mortal strength and His peace and His will be done.

Keep the Son in your eyes, bud!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
The travel/distance sure makes it tough on Mom...If Emma Grace is in B'ham, there is a Ronald McDonald House that may minimize travel.  At one time (possibly still) there were hotels converted by local church associations into efficiency appartments for parents of children hospitalized for free or hardly any $$. My wife stayed in one across the street from the NICU, and I drove back and forth the 2-hrs every weekend- was in a new job and had no leave.

Praying for Kasey, and Emma Grace's good O2 sats, weight gain, less jaundice, and good nurses to get the crud out of Emma Grace's lungs.

PM Sent.
CoilSpring

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
Prayers for Emma Grace, Mom and all!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
I had a hand working for me that had his father in the hospital. He lived in Red Level Al and had to drive to Birmingham (not spelled right) gaily. I found his the Ronald McDonald House and they were able to contact them. The hospital also put them in touch with some outfit that gave them a place to stay for almost nothing.
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©