INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Rotator repair scheduled March 7th...some encouraging words please!  (Read 1868 times)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rotator repair scheduled March 7th...some encouraging words please!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Robin...great talking to you last night. You'll be fine....before the nerve block wears off.    :eek:

I hope I gave you insight and remember, everyone is different the way they heal up. Take your time with the arm, baby it for 2 weeks but make sure you follow the simple exercises to start your range of motion.

Everyone is telling me PT will be torture but you will get out of it what we put into it. Good luck and I'll be in touch next week....Keep The Faith
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
I had some work done on mine in 2011. Nothing like what you are going through but none the less I rushed mine. I mean I know more then the DR. who spent 10 years going to school learning about this stuff right? Well brother it took 5 times as long to get back to where I should have been in 3 months. SO if you don't get anything else from all this PLEASE get the don't rush it part. I am back and I took the long hard headed mans road back. Save yourself lots of unneeded pain and do ONLY what he tells you to do.......Dusty aka Stupid LOL!
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline So-Mo Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
Just got cleared to shoot my bows this week, after 6 weeks of physical therapy. I had my cuff sown back onto my labrum and a biceps tension repair all in one. The first couple weeks is a chore (what with the sling and pain and forgetting that you can't use it), but after that, listen to the docs and therapists. They know what they're doing, and will get you in great shape in short order. LISTEN AND DO ONLY WHAT THEY ALLOW!!! Otherwise, you get another surgery and may never twang again. Good luck, Godspeed, and keep us posted!
Matt

Ben Pearson Rogue, 55 @ 28
SoMo Red Warrior, 47 @ 28
Compton's
NCBA
NCWRC Hunters Ed Instructor
"The shortest answer is to do the thing!" - Ernest Hemingway

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©