3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting woodies------  (Read 355 times)

Offline huntnut

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting woodies------
« on: December 21, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
is going to get expensive LOL I got my new FF string from Chad on my Atilla and started retuning my arrows, after shooting for 30 min. I'm down 4 arrows. I'm stacking them at 15yrds and I have glanced off of 3 arrows and robinhooded 1 kind of. I don't have any feild points so I'm shooting my ACE blunts so you can see how they can screw up an arrow when it hits. Me robinhood hit square on the nock busted it and flatend the taper and had enough energy that it knock off the tip of the arrow I hit. The other 3 I have shaved some wood off of them so I don't think they are going to be safe to shoot know.

Time to start shooting at differnt places on the target and order some 200gr field points so I don't have to shoot my blunts in the target. And order more woodies. They might not be as dirable as carbons or aluminums but I really like the way the shoot.
Bear Grizzly 50#@28

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting woodies------
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
I love the way woodies shoot as well.  Just something about the way they come off the bow and fly.

Woodies tend to get slammed for not being very durable, I just haven't had that problem.  No material stands up very well when you're shooting like you are!   :D
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
Glad that Atilla is working out for you. Great shooting!
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
sounds like your're just too good  :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©