INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: I'd appreciate prayers  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'd appreciate prayers
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
HOt diggity!

Been a trial for you, I'm sure, but prayers abound for good things and total healing and cure from this nasty bit of business!

Hang in there, Scott!

Keep the Son in your eyes!!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
praying for you Scott......
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Phrogdrvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Hang tough Scott.  Prayers sent from the Brannan family on your behalf.

Tom

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 01:53:00 AM »
Prayers sent.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline ScottinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
Yahooo!  Finished last treatment today.  Docs say everything looks good for now but time will tell.  Thank you all for your prayers.  Without them and God's grace it would've been much more difficult I'm sure.  
Counting down the time till I can eat a big juicy burger  :)
"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Burger?  What happened to STEAK?

Congrats, Scott... that "for now" has a slightly ominous ring to it, but if "God brought you to it He will bring you thru it!"

I had a buddy who had bone cancer of the jaw.  He had much restorative work done...and like you, couldn't chew.

I gave him a glass of cold milk and a stack of Oreo cookies...told him to soak them in the milk and then mash with his tongue.  I thought I was being kind....

He told me next morning the icing part stuck to the roof of his mouth, and he was like a "cat eating peanut butter" and his gestures to demonstrate it put me on the ground laughin.

Hope that makes you smile a bit too.  Prayers continue for complete healing and short recovery!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
Praise God & prayers for complete freedom from cancer
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
Scott, we expect pictures of a plate full of fat burgers, chips and whatever beverage...

Might not be a kill shot, but it will be a blessed thing to see you chomp on some red meat and have juice run down your chin.  

I'm sure Awesome Austin would gladly take that photo for us!   :biglaugh:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Prayers sent
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline ymountainman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
My mom had brain cancer and lung cancer about 3yrs ago. She had treatments and is perfect now no cancer at all. Thank you LORD! I will pray for you that you will be completely healed!

Offline ScottinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
Recovery is going a little slower than anticipated but docs cannot feel any tumors.  All are very happy with the way the treatments went.

Still not eating solid food but feeling ok.  Talking with the docs yesterday they said in the next 5-7 days it'll be like a switch was flipped and pain will leave, voice will come back, and I'll be able to eat soft foods.  Patiently looking forward to that day

Its been a real blessing to see God work in my life and those around me as I go thru this.  I've seen/heard of people that haven't prayed or gone to church in years doing so because of my ordeal.  Hopefully these life changes will be permanent.
Maurice Thompson 1879

Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Scott, Scott, Scott...

Isn't that just like you?  In the middle of a cancer battle, looking to other's salvation as a positive by product of your challenges! Amen.

Blessings on you, Brother.

If I couldn't talk... I'd just up and die!  :)   Hope that "switch" flips real soon... you promised us a picture of a big juicy burger and juice running down your chin!

Keep the Son in your eyes! And thanks for modeling true Christian behavior and Faith!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ScottinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
Update:  Well the switch didn't completely trip but I feel a lot better.  Have some of my voice back and have been eating soft foods the past 2 days.  Sleeping better also.  Not recovered yet but seeing progress.
Was able to shoot the lighter bow over the past few days.  Started out only able to do 12 arrows, today I shot 40.  Strength is low but coming back.  Like everything else, it'll take time.

Thanks all for your continued prayers.
Maurice Thompson 1879

Fred Bear

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
Praise God & prayers for continued healing
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
PRayers will continue, my friend!

Praise Him for the good news... prayers for that solid food before summer is over and you stop grilling!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ScottinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »
UPDATE:  Got some positive news Thursday.  Had a CT scan checking my neck and upper chest.  No sign of cancer.  The swelling in my neck makes it difficult to read for sure but they nailed it before it spread any further.  Praise the Lord!

I'll have a PET scan in a few weeks which will be more exact/detailed.

Pain meds are decreasing but throat is still sore.  No cheeseburgers yet but am eating more different foods still on the soft side.  Not working yet.  Was finally able to go hunting tonight for a few hours.  It was great to be in the woods again.  Endurance is slowly building.  I was able to walk back up the hill to the house without getting really winded.  

Praise God for all the progress!
Maurice Thompson 1879

Fred Bear

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Praise God! Prayers continue for complete healing and a good scan result

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
Good to read your progress, Scott.  Must be humbling for YOU to have to get winded walking up a hill to the house!

You have been fortunate, but clean living and true Faith has served you well.

Keep the reports coming as news develops. You continue to be in regular prayers, Scott.  You, Lori and the boys!

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
I'll be praying for you, too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©